What superstars would save WWE from WCW today?

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
At survivor series 2001 a historic match happened,

WWE / WCW
the rock / stone cold
the big show / kurt angle
chris jericho VS Rob Van Dam
undertaker / Booker T
kane / shane mcmahon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z1VFHHtJAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch
v=dd6hyEOH5r8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiVQ8RfaEvs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xWr7D1ENQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdmqQNqfFPg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8m1XJjex7s&feature=related

my question is: what if team WCW invaded wwe right now, who would go up against team WCW my picks would be:

john cena
randy orton
rey mysterio
cm punk
big show

what are your picks?

John Cena - Obvious leader. He's pretty much Mr. WWE and he woud have to be the main guy standing up for the company that he loves and doing whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't go into the ground. Of course, there's always little to no danger of him turning heel, so the "WWE Universe" can feel safe with him in charge of the troops. It's only natural that the big tag match would end with Cena's music playing as WWE stands triumphant.

Randy Orton - The number two golden boy, who isn't as boy scout-like about the cause as Cena, but who has no problem systematically destroying everyone in the other company. A guy with no remorse is needed on such a team, because the whole objective is to completely obliterate the opposition. He could punt some of the lesser members of WCW in the head as a way to send the message.

Rey Mysterio - A high flier on the team, which is something that the original tea lacked. Gives better variety and is a good representation of WWE, as Mysterio has been one of its most popular stars ever since his debut. He's a guy who always stands up for what's right, sort of like Cena, and has strong enough determination to counter that of his opponents, regardless of their size.

The Miz - Every team needs a few jerks. Miz would be one of them, and his ego would clash with those of the previous three rather often. When it comes down to it, however, he is just as WWE proud as the others. He would be more than willing to take down the Turner company, but would make sure to make every effort to brag about it afterwards.

CM Punk - The one guy on the team who you're really not sure about, because he doesn't even like WWE. Of course, he might prefer them over somewhere like WCW, but you have the risk factor that he might not be completely loyal. Nonetheless, his talent cannot be denied, and if he stays true to his brand, he is one of the most valuable assets that they can have.

It wasn't really WCW though. It was more WWF vs WWF, with a couple of token WCW guys in there.

I suspect the same would happen now, and someone like Orton or Big Show having to prop up the WCW challenge.

It wasn't really WCW though. It was more WWF vs WWF, with a couple of token WCW guys in there.

I suspect the same would happen now, and someone like Orton or Big Show having to prop up the WCW challenge.
If they did it that way, then I think CM Punk would be the perfect choice to lead the WCW charge. He hates everything that WWE stands for and would want to destroy them forever, perhaps alongside guys who have felt slighted by the company for a long time, such as Christian and R-Truth. But of course, the major mistake they made was not making bigger WCW stars as part of the storyline, so I was mainly speaking from the perspective of if they had done it right.

I'm also interested in the logic behind Khali being part of the team. If you want a big guy, then you can put Kane or Big Show there, who have been WWE loyalists for years and years and are both very popular with the fans. But Khali is not a guy who should be representing the company, given his relatively low place on the card and his low talent in comparison to most of the rest of the roster.

Kane always turns up in those sort of matches, so for that reason alone it'll be safe to assume Kane would be involved in the modern one as well.

The match? Based on WWE Vs ROH*

John Cena/CM Punk
Randy Orton/Colt Cobana
The Miz/Kings Of
Kane/ Wrestling
Rey Mysterio/ Shelton Benjamin

* this won't happen, don't you dare go down my throat about how I'm living in lala land and reading too much into etc etc etc

WWE vs ROH vs TNA 5 on 5 on 5 at lets say a triple cross brand ppv and the only one for them...first dont bitch i know it wont happen.

John Cena vs CM Punk vs Kurt Angle
Randy Orton vs Colt Cabana vs AJ Styles
Triple H vs Davey Richards vs RVD
Rey vs Eddie Edwards vs Joe
Taker vs Daniels(Hes big in ROH) vs Jarrett

the winners are WWE with someone like angle or rvd turn on tna

This could one of two ways.

If we’re talking about WWE vs. WCW, my team would consist of:

• John Cena
• Randy Orton
• Ezekiel Jackson
• Dolph Ziggler
• David Otunga
• Michael McGillicutty

Cena and Orton are the obvious leaders / co-Captains of Team WWE. Jackson could be the big man and Ziggler could be the technician. The New Nexus represent the obvious sacrificial lamb / first two eliminations during the match. I realize that I have 6 Superstars, but I couldn’t pick which current Champ shouldn’t be included in this match.

If we’re talking about WWE vs. TNA, my team would consist of:

• John Cena
• Randy Orton
• Miz
• Christian
• R-Truth

Cena and Orton are the obvious leaders / co-Captains of Team WWE. Miz and Christian are there because they are the most current former WWE / World Champions. Christian and R-Truth are there for being the last number one contenders to the Top Championships. I can see Christian and / or R-Truth turning on Team VKM to rejoin TNA. Oh, and CM Punk isn’t included, because it just wouldn’t make sense at this point in time. He should just bring in ROH and lead them the way Austin led EWCW Alliance.

Lets face it if their was a such match to go down. You can only use the current 2011 WWE Roster as is depending on being able to use any of the talents that just got released, one time deals, or early retirement.

It's not that hard to pick the team because you will just go with the veterans with a few exceptions that you may need a sub or switch one of the members at the last minute.

Top five just top of my head is

John Cena
Triple H
The Undertaker
Kane
Randy Orton

Sub for Triple H or The Undertaker can't be used.

Triple H replaced with Edge or Big Show or C.M. Punk or Rey Mysterio or The Miz
The Undertaker replaced with Chris Jericho or Christian or Sheamus or R-Truth

Lets face it if I was WCW I would try to use Big Show, Chris Jericho, William Regal, Fit Finlay, Booker T, or Rey Mysterio. Thats just a few options for WCW depending on who they really get like Sting, Lex Luger, Steiner Brothers, Ric Flair, and etc.

The choices for WWE Team is so easy like I said. They can come up with some many variations.

The thing is depending on if use any of the past wresters that showed up in the last couple of years that is no longer working.

Also, who the competitor decides to chose to go against the WWE. WCW is they only competion with then follows TNA, ECW, Japan, Mexico, and ROH. So many choices of which wrestling company to pick from which era or talents you decide to go with.

I hate to say that the WWE would probably win depending on the talent you chose to go against them.

This post really makes me wish WWE would have waited just a little longer to do the Invasion angle. I wrote an entire article of how I would have rebooked the Invasion for a website a few years ago. It was nothing like Cornette's but I liked his ideas as well. As far as today it would never happen but if WWE vs. TNA happened here would be my card for a PPV.

Main Event

Team WWE: John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, Christian & The Undertaker

vs.

Team TNA: Sting, Mr. Anderson, A.J. Styles, Kurt Angle & Matt Morgan

Winners: Team WWE when Taker pins Sting.
Order of Elimination
Orton eliminates Matt Morgan with RKO
Angle eliminates Christian with ankle lock
Sting eliminates The Miz with Scorpion Deatlock
Orton and Anderson both get counted out while brawling to the back
Taker eliminates Styles with a chokeslam
Cena eliminates Angle with an attitude adjustment
Sting pins Cena after Angle attacks him
Taker pins Sting after tombstone

Triple H vs. Jeff Jarrett
Triple H pins Jarrett after a pedigree after interference from Vince, Hogan, Bishoff, Dixie Carter and Stephanie McMahon

Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam
RVD pins Del Rio with a 5 star frogsplash

Monster's Ball
Kane vs. Abyss

Abyss pins Kane after a blackhole slam onto thumbtacks.

Submission Match
Daniel Bryan vs. Samoa Joe

Joe submits Bryan with a RNC after a a string of submission attempts from both men.

Ultimate X
Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne vs. Kazarian vs. Brian Kendrick

Kazarian wins Ultimate X after a struggle with Bourne on the X.

Kharma vs. Mickie James
Kharma wins with the Implant Buster

Cody Rhodes vs. Christopher Daniels
Rhodes pins Daniels after DiBiase interferes.

Rey Mysterio vs. Jerry Lynn
Lynn pins Mysterio at about the 25 minute mark.

R. Truth vs. The Pope
Pope pins Truth when Truth is distracted by Little Jimmy

Divas vs. Knockouts
Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Natalya, Beth Phoenix & Melina
vs.
Velvet Sky, Angelina Love, Winter, Madison Rayne & Tara

Velvet Sky pins Kelly Kelly for the win

Tables Match
Sheamus vs. Bully Ray

Sheamus throws Bully Ray off the top through a table for the win.

The Usos vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
Sabin scores the pin over Jimmy in a hotly contested match.

U.S. vs. T.V. title
Dolph Ziggler vs. Eric Young

Ziggler puts Young to sleep for the win.

Champions vs. Champions
Michael Mcillicutty & David Otunga vs. Beer Money

Roode pins Otunga in a fairly quick match.

Zack Ryder vs. Robbie E.
Ryder pins Robbie in the comedy match of the night.

Battle Royal
The Big Show, Wade Barrett, Mark Henry, Ted DiBiase, Alex Riley, Jack Swagger, Ezekial Jackson, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Mason Ryan, Kofi Kingston, Jinder Mahal, Johnny Curtis, Tyson Kidd, Drew McIntyre, Matt Hardy, Hernandez, Anarquia, Crimson, Gunner, Magnus, Austin Aries, Devon, Doug Williams, Magnus, Jesse Neal, Shannon Moore, Rob Terry, Amazing Red, Scott Steiner

Riley wins last eliminating Matt Hardy and Gunner.
The Corre reunites for a few seconds to take out Mexican America
TNA guys band together to eliminate Henry.
Rob Terry picks up Big Show to eliminate him.
Drew McIntyre formed an alliance with Magnus and Doug Williams.
Austin Aries and Kofi had an exchange near the end.
Big Zeke and Scott Steiner eliminated each other.
Big Show elimnated Amazing Red and Ink Inc. at the same time.
Johnny Curtis is eliminated first by Devon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back