• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What role does wrestling play in your life?

People are talking about how they have posters and DVDs and action figures and stuff and how they may be a bit too obsessed.. Sorry if this was mentioned before, (I only read page 1) but how is that different than being obsessed with professional baseball or something? It's something you enjoy and I see nothing wrong with it, really.

As for me, wrestling isn't a very large part of my life. I don't have any posters, action figures, dvds, games.. I watch a half hour of RAW a week and maybe 3 pay per views a year. I just read the results, shake my head, then discuss Santino's greatness on here. So, yeah. Little part.

I'd like to say that it's strictly entertainment, but since I've really got nothing else to do while unemployed, it's safe to say I watch the regular TV shows religiously while watching some Attitude Era/Federation Era stuff at least 45 minutes a day. Wrestling's not popular enough in Norway for merchandise and collectibles and stuff to be easily available though...hell, just finding another wrestling fan is hard.

I think its fair to say at one time i was obsessed with wrestling, back when i was younger i'd had loads of wrestling posters like Big Daddy or Big Boss man. I'd also have old DVD's like from SummerSlam 1992. Recently i have started to collect wrestling "history" again along with regularly starting to watch WWE programming back from last year.

So i'd say at one point wrestling did have a impact and did play a big role in my life but now i'm more "calm" and kind of reserved about collecting wrestling stuff and also watching the programs.

I do still watch WWE programming but not with the same excitement or enjoyment i did when i was younger. Maybe because when your older you realise what goes on behind the scenes as appose to being a sweet and innocent young chld watching it for entertainment.

I wouldn't exactly be a fanatic, but I try and catch Raw and SD every week and I only stay up to watch the PPVs when the card is good. I don't own any wrestling posters, I have a few DVDs although not enough to call it a collection. I've got a few wrestling t-shirts, the white WM24 shirt being my favourite. So overall I'm not really an obsessive fan, wrestling is more of a casual interest of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back