What qualities in a wrestler do you like?

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
This isn't about whos the best because they draw the best or whatever. This is about what qualities do you look for that cause you to root for certain wrestlers. Here are mine

1.) Unique Moveset: I don't mean 500 different flips but an array of moves that makes you unique. I look for wrestlers who have certain moves I can look for in a match and only they do them. Cena's 5 Knuckle Shuffle, Orton's signature Backbreaker, Jericho's Codebreaker are some good examples. Mark Henry would not fall in this category.

2.) Good to Great Mic Skills: I don't expect everyone to be the Rock on the microphone but as long as you can talk a little bit your ok in my book. John Morrison takes the cake in the first category but without the Miz he fails in the second. Finlay or Shelton Benjamin would be examples of good mic skills. Angle or Edge would be examples of great mic skills.

3.) A Unique Character: I don't just want some wrestler with a name and some moves. You can have the moves of AJ Styles and the Mic work of Rock but if you have the character of Gunner Scott you go nowhere in my book.

4.) A Catchy Entrance Theme: Something that I can sing along to or make me wanna download on Itunes. Something that when I hear it I know he's coming down to raise hell. Real American for Hogan and Burn in my Light for Randy Orton are the best examples for me.

Thats about it now its time to think of your own.

1 Good Mic Skills: This is what makes you over with fans before anything. Rock Austin Cena all had some of the best mic skills and it won over fans and is what their are basicly remembered and or liked for by alot of the WWE universe.

2 Good Ring Style: The next best thing to good mic skills is your ring moves. It would be boring you come in and all you can do is just throw a punch and not do any grapples or submissions to your opponent. Alot of guys have had a good set of moves there is to many to name but imo RVD Randy Orton Taker

3 Good Entrance: The entrance is also important the Undertaker is the best example he has the best Entrance in the WWE just the dark lights the smoke and all the thunder going on. A bad example is Orton and how it takes him like 5 minutes to walk down to the ring

4 Good Music: This will get the crowd pumped when they hear the opening of your music. Austin Hogan HHH Cena Bret Hart HBK and others all give great reactions from the crowd when their music hits you know that someone good is heading into the arena

All of the above mentioned qualities are good and important to being a successful wrestler, but they all are not necessary for me to like someone. I can think of a bunch of guys who possess a particular quality, such as great mic skills, yet I have very little interest in them. On the other hand, there are guys that have very little mic skills that I like very much.

Rob Van Dam and Bryan Danielson are my 2 favorite wrestlers ever and they have very little in common aside from gaining their popularity in an independent company. The one quality that both of these men have is simply the "it" factor. While their styles and gimmicks are completely different from each other, both wrestlers command my attention each time they perform. The "it" factor is a quality that can't really be explained, but it's so important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back