• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What now for Alex Riley?

MizFit Brocko

'Dashing Brisbane Brocko'
Was just watching this past weeks RAW again, and thinking how decent A-Ri looked against Cena in the cage. He didn't look out of place at all.

As a result of losing to Cena, he is no longer the Apprentice to the Awesome One, so what does he do now?

I believe he has enormous potential both in the ring and on the mic, and would easily be a credible challenger for a mid card title. The only problem here is that he has been the Miz's whipping boy for quite a while.

Was just reading the results of Friday Nights Raw House show, and found this pretty interesting also:

'John Morrison b. Alex Riley. Before the match, Riley came out and cut a promo about how just because he wasn't the Miz's sidekick anymore didn't mean he wouldn't be around. Said Miz had taught him everything that he knew. Had new music and a new catch phrase, something like "It's all about to go A-Ri" and proclaimed he would be champ soon. Morrison came out for a match and beat him in a Good Match.'

At least it looks like he will definitely be staying as a part of the roster.

Another way he could go, (at least for mania) is the Ref in the Lawler v Cole match, on Smackdown Cole said the referee was 'Awesome' and i really don't think the ref will be the Miz..

Thoughts on what you see Riley doing?

Could he be a credible Mid Card Champ?

I see Riley staying on RAW in the midcard division. I also see Riley taking a Miz route and be US Champ for a long time and eventually become a tag champion or better yet become groomed for a major title. He has the in-ring abilities and mic skills could be better but now are pretty great. I hope he tweaks that catchphrase a little bit. Other than that, I see Alex Riley becoming a huge superstar in the WWE.

I kind of hope he goes to Smackdown, or keeps off Raw Television for a bit, Miz and him Conflicting is an inevitable, and I don't think hes established enough to come out of that confrontation ahead (IE - Face turn)

I kind of hope he goes to Smackdown, or keeps off Raw Television for a bit, Miz and him Conflicting is an inevitable, and I don't think hes established enough to come out of that confrontation ahead (IE - Face turn)

Wouldn't argue with him going to SD! either, as that gets him away from all the guys that have been destroying him week in week out. He could definitely put on some entertaining matches with Kofi and Mysterio imo.

Either way, he has a bright future in my eyes, as long as he keeps the drink driving and whatnot to a minimum.

I think he could have a good first Wrestlemania as the ref for Cole, then drafted to Smackdown! to face Kofi K for the IC title. This would help him grow as a character, and I think he could one day become what Punk is now, the best heel in the company!

He would make a great mid card champ. He's been great on the mic at times and will likely get better. Which could help him turn face.

But I'm not completely convinced he's done working with the Miz. They could become equals, or work together to get Riley the US belt off Bryan. And Riley helping Miz retain at Mania (I'm not a major Miz fan but want a new face being pushed).

I hope he has a bright future because he could be big. He has personality and as long as long as he doesn't tell jokes like Cena and the toilet.

Yeah as said before, I'm not too convinced that he's done with Miz. This coming Monday RAW I will be very suprised, very very suprised if there's no interaction with Miz and Riley and that Riley is truely gone from Miz's side.

As for Riley being on his own and wether he will be successful, I don't know, I really don't as we haven't seen much of Alex Riley by himself on WWE TV ever really, he's always been around the Miz and who knows, we might see Riley come out to try and get back with Miz and Miz might turn on Alex Riley and attack him with the possibility of turning Riley face but I think before if he gets drafted to SmackDown he would need to get one final rub from Miz, maybe a pinfall victory of him on the RAW after WrestleMania.

I think he could be a decent mid card champ, he's fine in the ring, is confident when talking, he could be decent, I don't know about World Champion. We just have to see how he goes completely on his own for now.

I like Riley. I've liked him for a while, actually. You can just see the "it" factor in this guy. He may have been Miz' "lackey", but he always stood out to me. I could see him doing his own thing, being the stereotypical shithead jock, and after a while going face and being on par with Orton's success (even though for the life of me I cannot see what the fuck people see in that guy and why they pop for him).

Riley could almost be the next Cena if utilized properly. I could see him excelling in his career and becoming a major player. He's got all the tools, he's built good enough, tall, works a hell of a good match, and I hope WWE doesn't drop the ball w/this guy.

He lost a match where Miz had to fire him, not where he had to leave Raw.

I see Riley as a main player in the mid-card for a while. I'd be interested in Bryan vs Riley. I think he needs to go back to his old gimmick, the one he had in NXT. I do hope he'll be in the main event seen in the next 3 years though.

i dunno since NXT he's shown absolutely nothing on his own. Not his fault entirely
but even when they do give him a shot he's not the same as he was on NXT

i think it's onto Superstars for a while and maybe opening matches on Raw,

I actually like Alex Riley. I hope they dont waste another talent and just throw him on the back burner. Hell, he's a hell of alot better than the miz...then again, who isent?

Now it's Jobber Heaven for Riley, in which they keep him around for awhile to give a boost to people like Santino Marella and Evan Bourne.

Then, he gets future endeavored when WWE remembers that Riley was busted for DUI last November. It seemed the height of hypocrisy that a violation like DUI would be ignored simply because a program with The Miz had been planned for Riley. A jobber who wasn't involved in anything special at the time of his arrest would have been quickly dumped.

SIDE NOTE: Is it just a coincidence that Santino Marella has the same last name as Gorilla Monsoon?

He could be in a Money in the Bank match. They could really use more big guys in the match with Jack Swagger to go along with the high flyers.
He wouldn't necessarily win but be a part of one.

A-Ri has everything going for him, he just needs the time to polish his abilities, he has decent to good promo skills and he's decent in the ring, i really think he is gonna make it as a singles character, i can see him around the midcard title picture very soon, i just hope that the beatings he had taken every week doesn't make him look to weak, but in my eyes he has a great future...

I see him getting his ass kicked in a couple of matches and then future endevoured.

i can actually see that too... i still think he just got an extended lease on life because he was in that program with the Miz.. I wouldn't be surprised if that dui comes back to bite him now and he suffers the consequences of it... would set a bad precedent to not have any repercussions for a dui and i'm sure they will do something and I think this is just the beginning of it

If the people in charge were smart they would see an opportunity right in front of them...think about it....Riley+Swagger+Cole=Tag Team Champs...would be the most hated tag team in a looooooooooooong time! Help out a division that has proven to be useful in developing stars and has needed some work for a long time :banghead:

I can definitely see what everyone means about him having talent, but as we've seen in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I've got to say, I can't see WWE doing much with him, unless he gets back with the Miz, which is definitely a possibility. After all, the Raw midcard is really saturated at the minute, there are hugely talented guys who're never used (Ryder, Regal, DiBiase) and I don't think Riley's got a space in the midcard.

The only other option is for him to enter into something with Michael Cole, but no offence to Riley, I think that kinda heat that Cole is getting at the minute would be wasted on him, it seems more likely Cole'll get aligned with Miz in some way. Anyway, I'm off topic.

I agree with a few of the other posters, from here, he's unlikely to get anywhere unless he's put back with the Miz, and the way things are at the minute, I reckon that it'll be "Good Luck in your future endeavours" sooner rather than later.

I think Riley will be on Raw till Mania 27, I wouldn't be surprise if he is Cole's special Ref and turns on Cole and Swagger. After Mania he will head to SD and replace Ziggler ( who will head to RAW. )

As several have already said, I see him being the referee for Cole vs. Lawler at Wrestlemania. After that happens, maybe him and Jack Swagger stay together for a while as a tag team. Swagger is going to need a reboot anyway, and Riley needs a good way to really get involved in more in-ring action. I think a tag team between the two would be a perfect way to do it. Both guys have a ton of potential, but something is lost on them both when it comes to talking on the mic. It's like they're so close to being able to cut a great promo, but there's just one thing missing for each of them. Maybe a Swagger/Riley tag team could give them the opportunity to mentor each other and get past whatever obstacles are in their way at the moment. I could see them being like Miz and Morrison were, where they can be entertaining and funny, but still kick ass in the ring and not be considered a "comedy team."

As several have already said, I see him being the referee for Cole vs. Lawler at Wrestlemania. After that happens, maybe him and Jack Swagger stay together for a while as a tag team. Swagger is going to need a reboot anyway, and Riley needs a good way to really get involved in more in-ring action. I think a tag team between the two would be a perfect way to do it. Both guys have a ton of potential, but something is lost on them both when it comes to talking on the mic. It's like they're so close to being able to cut a great promo, but there's just one thing missing for each of them. Maybe a Swagger/Riley tag team could give them the opportunity to mentor each other and get past whatever obstacles are in their way at the moment. I could see them being like Miz and Morrison were, where they can be entertaining and funny, but still kick ass in the ring and not be considered a "comedy team."

Not a bad idea I can see Swagger & Riley with Rosa Mendez as their manager. They can have a great feud for the title with Mysterio and SIN Cara. This can give the tag division a boost in the ass.

I want a Alex Riley vs Miz feud. That could go on for months just like the feuds of days gone by. They could do a HHH vs Show Stopper type feud that just gets better and better until they have to re-unite. I think this would make Miz an even better heel and elevate Riley to higher places in the company.

I like the idea of him as the ref for Cole/Lawler at Mania. Then Riley/Swagger tagteam sounds perfect. Get the tag titles for a while and have a solid reign maybe 6 months then have him move into singles competition and win the IC/US title. I see him taking the same route Miz did and eventually being a world champ. Riley looks a lot better at the start of his career then Miz did IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back