What matches do you think are forgotten by the WWE and the old WWWF

thewrestlinghero

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well i thought this would be a interesting topic what matches from the past do you think are forgotten that wwe wcw ecw tna indy fans probley dont even remeber like the rock vs mankind vs ken shamrock steel cage match or sting vs ddp or ric or even flair vs carlito those are just some matches i thoughts i no there are wrestling fans here and long term wwe fans that no matches that hell i forgotten and tell us why should that match be remeber

Test Vs. Shane McMahon - Hardcore Match. The names of that match's members are already popular, hence why I'm mentioning a match with Test. He seems to be forgotten, yet anyone with such a match with any McMahon to their name is prolific.

The Rock vs. Ric Flair on RAW back in 2002 right before Summerslam. That was a hell of a match and everyone names it as a dream match when it actually happened. Look it up on youtube.

there was a 6 man battle royal for the IC title i believe back in 06 or 07 (pretty sure it was 06 though) on an edition of RAW.

it was between carlito, jeff hardy, super crazy, chris masters, ??? and john morrison (champion)

it was just one of those matches that just happened at the time and it was great to watch, been lookin for it since but to no avail. anyone kno where i might be able to see this match??

Although I'm way too young to have seen the match, I think Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff was a match that has been forgotten. Bruno was the longest reigning champ of all time and you never hear of that historical night where koloff ended his reign of over 7 years.

there was a 6 man battle royal for the IC title i believe back in 06 or 07 (pretty sure it was 06 though) on an edition of RAW.

it was between carlito, jeff hardy, super crazy, chris masters, ??? and john morrison (champion)

it was just one of those matches that just happened at the time and it was great to watch, been lookin for it since but to no avail. anyone kno where i might be able to see this match??

The other guy was Randy Orton, believe it or not, but yeah that wasn't a bad match at all.

Another match that was good was Paul London vs. Eddie Guerrero from the summer before Eddie died. London was on a mega push at CW champ, and Eddie was doing a great job as a heel. It was a good match, and London stepped his game up even more that night.

A match that I loved, that never seems to get mention was Flair v. Finlay in '07. I think it was on Smackdown, and was a pretty good match, considering how old the two of them are. It was a solid technical match, and came down to Finlay's Celtic Knot v. Flair's Figure Four.

I honestly can't remember who won, but it didn't matter. It wasn't a grudge match, or a title match, it was just a filler match for the show, and provided some really god wrestling entertainment.

I think a lot of the great IC title matches are forgotten.

Tito Santanna vs Greg "The Hammer" Valentine in the steel cage. An end to a great fued in the early 80s.

What about Shelton Benjamin against Shawn Michaels. Seems it was part of some tournament and it was on Raw. Both were faces at the time and they put on one hell of a match. Ended when Micheal caught Benajamin with Sweet Chin Music as Benjamin sprung of the top rope.

i think the micheals vs. jericho match at wrestlemania was somehow lost i compare it to savage vs. steamboat at wm3, that one being better i think, but if that match never happened then the hbk jericho match would've been gold. also i think the undertaker vs. flair match at wrestlemania was great. and call me crazy but the nwo with rvd vs. goldust

Vader vs. HBK at Summerslam 96 was pretty good......could've been WAY better, but still awesome!

Hakushi vs. 1-2-3 Kid from Summerslam 95 was WAY ahead for it's time

Vader/Mankind vs. Bulldog/Owen from WM13 was DAMN good!

Bulldog vs. Owen from the European title tournament was amazing!

And heaps more matches, that time has eaten up.......sad!

on raw in 99 it was stone cold the rock and vince vs the corporate ministry(the undertaker triple h and shane) with our commish shawn michaels special guest refferre that match will forever live on in my mind and probably hasn't been reaired once!!! it was a great 6 man tag match which we hardly ever see anymore and another one would be the new age outlaws vs chaianshaw charlie and cactus jack in a dumpster match that match was amazing as well and has been forgotten

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho (Last Man Standing Match) Fully Loaded 2000

Edge & Christian vs. Hardys vs. Dudleys (TLC Match)
Summerslam 2000

Bret Hart vs. Davey Boy Smith
Summerslam ’92

The Rock vs. Steve Austin (No Disqualification)
Wrestlemania X7

1992 Royal Rumble Match - just because this is what got me into wrestling, it was the first ever time i watched wrestling...and have since been a dedicated fan ;)

Kurt Angle v.s Chris Benoit - Wrestlemania 17: I remember this being an extremely well put together match with it going back for forth a hell of a lot. Both Angle and Benoit showed what they were like and what they were best at, proper wrestling. Great match.

Shane McMahon v.s The Big Show, Last Man Standing Match, Backlash 2001:

As last man standing matches go it wasen't the best of all time... untill Shane did his unbelieveable leap off the top of the set. Incredible. For that moment only this match is truly a hidden gem.

Hulk Hogan v.s The Undertaker, WWF Championship Match, Survivor Series 1991:

The sole reason I believe this match has been forgotten is because Taker has had so many incredible matches since then but this match really showed everyone that Taker was truly a man be watch out for, as he was able to defeat the immortal Hulk Hogan.

I think a match that has been forgotten is Triple H vs Shelton Benjamin.It was on Raw i cant remember what year,i think it was when evolution was still togethere.well shelton got the win and no one seems to remember it.

i think the micheals vs. jericho match at wrestlemania was somehow lost i compare it to savage vs. steamboat at wm3, that one being better i think, but if that match never happened then the hbk jericho match would've been gold. also i think the undertaker vs. flair match at wrestlemania was great. and call me crazy but the nwo with rvd vs. goldust

I agree, that the Michaels vs. Jericho match was a great match. These two men were in great shape and had great moves in this match. Plus it was at the first WM i watched.

The Rock vs Chris Benoit, Fully Loaded 2000

This feud kept me on the edge of my seat, it was so bitter and epic even though it was only a short one. The build up was done really well in convincing the viewers that if Benoit locked in the crossface, it was almost guarenteed he would be the next WWF champion. The match itself was great, I remember watching The Rock struggling in the crossface for what seemed like ages, I was convinced he was actually gonna tap and Benoit, who'd pretty much come into the WWF title scene out of nowhere could actually win it, despite that being possibly the worst business decision the WWF could've made at the time...

Although, truth be told, I did kinda wanna see Benoit as champion... for fun.

Three matches I'd go with that have been forgotten big time, these all took place in the year 2000:

1. Shane McMahon vs. Steve Blackman - Hardcore Title - Summerslam 2000, brilliant piece of hardcore work and Shane sold it so brilliantly, this was the original fall from the set that set the tone from then on. A great match but easily forgotten.

2. 23-Man Hardcore Title Match - Wrestlemania 16, reason I say this one is because not many people think of Wrestlemania 16 with great thoughts (and it wasn't that great aside from this and the other match I'm about to name), I think this was a 30 minute match, nothing but pure Hardcore wrestling where the title changed hands at least 10 times, even Funaki was a holder! I also the remember the ending was rather botched as well, but still a great match. Viscera being slammed off the top rope was a moment to remember!

3. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho - 2 fall Triple Threat Match for Intercontinental and European Championship : This is a match which made you get supportive of this three debutants of Wrestlemania, you admired their skill, charisma and how well they all worked in the ring. You know they would go on for great things and be future world title holders. Benoit won the IC title and Jericho won the European and Kurt Angle was not involved with any of the decisions. He wasn't pinned until Wrestlemania 19!

4. I only remembered this from 2001 as I thought of the last match - Raw - Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit, Stell Cage match - that was an epic number! Angle missing a moonsault from 15 feet, Benoit hits a headbutt from the same height. This is a cage match that would put modern day versions to shame, technically sound and a brilliant example set by Angle and Benoit to end their 2001 feud!

The Rock vs Chris Benoit, Fully Loaded 2000

This feud kept me on the edge of my seat, it was so bitter and epic even though it was only a short one. The build up was done really well in convincing the viewers that if Benoit locked in the crossface, it was almost guarenteed he would be the next WWF champion. The match itself was great, I remember watching The Rock struggling in the crossface for what seemed like ages, I was convinced he was actually gonna tap and Benoit, who'd pretty much come into the WWF title scene out of nowhere could actually win it, despite that being possibly the worst business decision the WWF could've made at the time...

Although, truth be told, I did kinda wanna see Benoit as champion... for fun.

I just loved how twice in 3 months, Benoit became champion and was stripped of the title by Foley cause he cheated (same events happened at Unforgiven with Benoit, Taker, Kane & The Rock)

Without doubt The Brainbusters vs. The Hart Foundation from Summerslam '89.

One of the all time great tag matches, and no one ever mentions it, like EVER.

How about a fued? It wasn't mentioned on Sat Nites Main Event DVD, but the Randy Savage/George "The Animal" Steele storyline, leading up to Steele being in Steamboats corner at Wrestlemania 3. Steele getting Liz gifts and kidnapping her were great. The matches were decent.

Some recent matches that have been pretty much forgotten already that I thought were really good:

John Cena v Umaga - Royal Rumble 07 - I wasn't looking forward to this match at all, but it turned out to be really good, last man standing matches are boring to me most of the time, but this one was great from start ro finish.

Randy Orton v Shawn Michaels - Survivor Series 07 - I thought this was a great match with the stipulation of Michaels not being allowed to use the superkick, so he used all kinds of submission moves, then he used the crippler crossface, and you could tell the crowd just thought holy shit, this was only a few months after the Benoit deal and he hadn't been mentioned or any of his moves been used. The finish was great with Michaels setting up for the superkick, hesitating, then Orton hits the RKO for the win.

Jeff Hardy v Shawn Michaels - Raw 2008 - I think this is maybe the greatest Raw match of all time, up there with Michaels v Shelton from 05, the clean win for Hardy was really surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back