• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What makes a WWE Hall of Famer?

kobrad

Pre-Show Stalwart
I have really been thinking about this lately, and i was wondering what makes a WWE superstar a Hall of Famer?

In my eyes, it is a great wrestler, since this is the wrestling business. But also, if not as important, a great entertainer. If you are going by just wrestling skills, then you have to get Hogan out because he couldn't really wrestle; he was just a GREAT entertainer.

Now, also what i have seen is a wrestler gets into the HoF because they died. Not to downgrade any one of these people that are in the HoF, (because i believe every one of these men and women should be in,) but what about Owen Hart? Will he ever get into the HoF? He was a great wrestler and a good entertainer.

The final thing is being on McMahon's good side. This is the dumbest thing ever, because Savage deserves to be in. But he is not in because Vince hates him. How pathetic is that? Pretty pathetic.

So to get straight to the question at hand: What do you guys feel is the most important thing a superstar needs to get into the HoF? My vote is being on the good side of McMahon, because if you arent you will never get in.

While I'm sure that being in the WWE HOF is considered an honor, being in the actual pro wrestling HOF or any HOF that involved an extensive induction process probably means more. With that in mind I think that all that is really required to be in the WWE HOF is having done something in the industry and Vince or whoever makes the decisions wanting the person in there and the person wanting to be in there as well. As for Owen, considering some of the people that are already in the HOF, plus the inclusion of Bret and soon Stu, I'm sure Owen will be in at some point if his wife agrees to it.

I think being a WWE HOF comes down to three things.

1. Being a solid wrestler
-Obviously this is on the list. This is the wrestling business, so you have to have some sort of talent in the ring.

2. Being a solid entertainer
-Besides wrestling you need to entertain. Mic skills are pretty important, just a step under wrestling ability.

3. Some sort of loyalty
-Unless you're gonna make Vinnie Mac some cash, then loyalty is necessary. Guys like Koko B Ware weren't the best of wrestlers, but he was a loyal employee and that is what got him into the Hall.

While I'm sure that being in the WWE HOF is considered an honor, being in the actual pro wrestling HOF or any HOF that involved an extensive induction process probably means more. With that in mind I think that all that is really required to be in the WWE HOF is having done something in the industry and Vince or whoever makes the decisions wanting the person in there and the person wanting to be in there as well. As for Owen, considering some of the people that are already in the HOF, plus the inclusion of Bret and soon Stu, I'm sure Owen will be in at some point if his wife agrees to it.

Until Owen's wife says it's okay, the Hart Family nor the WWE have any right to induct him into anything in the HOF, which is completely BS. She's stopping her husband from being remembered for what he was, and just because she's so selfish she doesn't allow it to happen. The Hart family want it, the fans want it, anyone who knows who owen is would probably want it, unfortunately she doesn't so that's where it ends.

Back on track, with WWE, it doesn't take much to become a hall of famer. Generally the HOF is nothing more than just a stage for WWE to make more money off old names and make a few bucks for the parties involved.

Case and point Koko B. Ware. He was never anything of main event stature, and didn't leave the most memorable of moments, but just because he was involved at two major WM angles, he was inducted. People remember him because of said involvement, so when Vince inducted all these guys from the 80's early 90's timeframe, it seemed only logical to induct someone who was there.

As I eluded to, it's morely about how Vince can cash in on the past and get more bucks out of long past superstars.

But like you said, The PW Hall of Fame, the one that's been around for nearly 40 years, is the one that has all the real wrestling glamour to it. Though the general populace knows nothing of it, to wrestler's it's a great honor being put through an induction screening process and passing the test. Only people that have actually contributed to the success of overall wrestling have been inducted to that hall of fame. Guys like Dory Funk, Nick Bockwinkel, Stu Hart, Killer Kowalski, etc etc have all been inducted in, for obvious reasons. Even Terry Funk is in there; a lot of people say his last 20 years have ruined what 'legacy' he made, but think of the Funking Conservatory, him and Dory have pumped out many great talents and contributed greatly to modern success, so his induction is completely necessary.

So for WWE HOF - You just had to be a noteable name from a profitable time period.

PW HOF - You actually had to be a good wrestler that contributed to the business overall.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1781385 said:
I think being a WWE HOF comes down to three things.

1. Being a solid wrestler
-Obviously this is on the list. This is the wrestling business, so you have to have some sort of talent in the ring.

2. Being a solid entertainer
-Besides wrestling you need to entertain. Mic skills are pretty important, just a step under wrestling ability.

3. Some sort of loyalty
-Unless you're gonna make Vinnie Mac some cash, then loyalty is necessary. Guys like Koko B Ware weren't the best of wrestlers, but he was a loyal employee and that is what got him into the Hall.

Pretty much this. It should be overall impact on the business and how you well you cemented your legacy. But then they let Koko in...

And if we're talking only the WWE HOF then i think loyalty plays a huge role. I think the list of performers who are in the HOF and never worked for Vinnie is rather short, and even those who are have never really had harsh things to say about him or the way he does his business. And if they have they were somewhat retracted and all problems were smoothed over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back