What is your favorite book about wrestling?

Paul Revere

Step In The Arena
I am avid reader, but have not read as many wrestling books as I would have liked to. I have read around 10, and my favorite is A Lion's Tale by Chris Jericho. He seems like someone I could be friends with in real life. The Mick Foley books are good as well, though I didn't like the last one as much as the previous two.

So what are your favorite wrestling books?

Haven't read Lion's Tale yet, but I want to along with Bret's book. I read Rock's and Foley's first two which were both awesome. Foley's first is probably my favorite, if nothing else as it weights in at over 500 pages.

A Lion's Tale. That book is a great book and I still re read sometimes. It had me glued to the pages and I found it hard to put it down, I just had to read it. Maybe that's because he's my faveourite of all time.

I really enjoyed controversy creates cash. I remember Foley's first one being good, but I was very young when I read it, and was still a total mark, so a lot of it was tough for me to grasp

A lions tale is the best book i've ever read PERIOD. The first 2 Mick Foley books where realy good and informative about the pro wrestling buisness. The 3rd Mick Foley book is shit. All he does is brag about himself , And im pretty sure half of what he was bragging about was lies. The Steve Austin book was pretty good. Lot's of insight about trying to make it big in pro wrestling. The Rock's book was shit. I'm 90% sure he lied throught the entire thing. Threre's no way that he lost his virginity when he was 12 to a 17 year old. The "Sex , Lies and Headlocks" book is pretty good too. If you dont know much about the Monday night wars you should definantly read it.

I havent read a ton of wrestling books I think the only ones Ive read have been Foley's Have a nice day one and Hogan, Flair's, Piper's, Austin's and Bret's autobiography and my favorite one has been Bret's. He just has so many stories cause he's wrestled in so many places. He also goes in depth on a number of things and you can really understand why he was such a good storyteller in the ring and had such good ring psychology just by reading the stuff he says. He talks about how he plans on wrestling a certain match and plays it out in his head how he wants it to go months before the match even takes place which is crazy. For example that match with Bulldog at SS92 he talked about how the entire summer leading up to it he was thinking of how he wanted to work it and all the spots he wanted to do, thats mind boggling to think that a wrestler would put that much effort into something like that. Not to mention like Foley he is actually a gifted author so it makes the book that much better.

The Wrestling by Simon Garfield.

Biogs there are only three, Pure Dynamite, A Lion's Tale & the 1st Foley.

Dynamite's book was short, but really good.

However, Bret's book was by far my favorite. Awesome, awesome read.

Flair's was my least favorite.

Gotta go with 'Have A Nice Day'

I still lol when i read the story about the wrestler who was in a battle royal and someone threw a beer can at him. It him in the back of the head, and he thought that it was one of the other wrestlers hitting him to get him eliminated so he jumped over the top rope and was eliminated by a beer can being thrown at him.

I am privileged to have once had an opportunity to read some of Hooker. (Lou Thesz's book)
I would give my right arm for an opportunity to read the rest, and have come close to shelling out the £300+ a copy of the now out of print masterpiece many times.

Other than that, the only ones I remember reading are The Rock's and Goldberg's (I was stuck in a library and it was all I could find). Both are a testament to why biographies shouldn't be ghost written, but have some amusing highlights such as Goldberg claiming to have invented the Jackhammer and Dwain Johnson's ridiculous boasts about his sex life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back