What is your 5 favorite match types?

LikeABoss13

Occasional Pre-Show
I have seen about all of the match types WWE has produced and I like most of them, but here are my 5 top favorite match types and why.

Match Type 5: Last Man Standing Match
The Last Man Standing Match is to me a really great match and I remember back in 2004 it was Shawn Michaels vs Triple H at the Royal Rumble for the World Heavyweight Title, it was almost a half and hour of complete excitement. Even though no one won, the fans won because they saw one hell of a match that night. This match shows you how much fight some wrestlers have in them.

Match Type 4: Lingerie Match
The Lingerie Match was my favorite type of match because who doesn't like girls running around in lingerie for about like 5 minutes maybe more depending on who it is in the ring. I remember my favorite match was No Mercy 2001, Stacy Kiebler vs Torrie Wilson and it was hot as hell.

Match Type 3: Hell in a Cell Match
The Hell in a Cell Match was the bloodiest match back in the day until WWE got PG and stopped all the blood in matches. But the very first Hell in a Cell I saw was Mankind vs The Undertaker, but my favorite Hell in a Cell Match is Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker at Bad Blood 1997 and the Six-Man Hell in a Cell Match at Armageddon 2000 between Kurt Angle, Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold, The Undertaker, and Rikishi.

Match Type 2: Casket Match
The Casket Match was my favorite type of match for The Undertaker. Even though when he lost his opponents would set the casket on fire and using ax's, but we all know Undertaker wasn't in there. My favorite Casket Match was The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Royal Rumble.

Match Type 1: Ladder Match
The Ladder Match is my all-time favorite match type. There have been alot of these matches and the first one ever was Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart that was taped on a VHS tape, but the first one televised was Shawn Michaels vs Razor Roman at WrestleMania 10. My favorite Ladder Match is The Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy at Raw for the Undisputed Title.

1. Standard Match - Wrestlemania Main Event - top two guys fighting for the title - anything other than this doesn't have the big match, legit feel to it - Hogan/Warrior, Sting/Hogan - both awesome build ups, standard match has the general feel of epicness that is ironically harder to generate in something like a ladder match.

2. Royal Rumble - Pretty much every Royal Rumble I've watched is entertaining - you get cool match ups, suspenseful entrances, clever eliminations, continuations of feuds - all in one match. Always fun.

5) Triple Threat. When done right and with the right mix, a triple threat is usually exciting.

4) Stretcher match. Excellent concept. Put a person on a gurney and push them across the line.

3) Last Man Standing. Another great concept, beat your opponent so badly that they can't answer a 10 count. It would be higher if not for the fact that they have a tendency to end in a draw, but is understandable for storyline purposes. For some reason though, I just like to see a winner.

2) Falls Count Anywhere. Underrated match in my mind and not done nearly enough. You have the no dq stipulation as well as the match can end anywhere in the arena.

1) TLC/Ladder match. Usually a spotfest containing a lot of athletic guys. Can be done as straight 1 on 1 (Edge vs Jeff Hardy, Cena vs Edge,), tag team (E&C vs Hardyz) or multiple tag teams. Usually has a few moments where you need to pick your jaw from the floor. (Anyone remember Joey Mercury?) Alomost always the best match on the card.

1. Ladder Match/TLC Match- I've only seen 4 TLC matches and have seen a few Ladder matches, but when i watch the Ladder match DVD, i realised what a awesome type of match, the excitment, the spots they pull off and the crowd is genuinely amped to see it.

2. Last Man Standing- this is the match type i've seen the most, they got for a while, and just when you think some is down for the 10 count they get back up and starting fighting back, and there are plenty of memorable LMS matches too.

3. Hell In A Cell- well i've only seen the last 3 HIAC matches and from what i saw now wonder they're great, we see blood, and alot of violence, when i looked back on the older Cell matches Taker throwing Rikishi of it onto a truck that was crazy. Or when in that exact same 6 man HIAC match, everyone at one stage was on top of the cell, and making everyone bleed on the cars near the ramp that was awesome and entertaining.

4. Royal Rumble- When you watch it you wait in suspense for the enterances, you want to see who is eliminated, who the last 2 men are standing and then who wins. Like last year Cena's surprise return at the RR, nearly everyone in the crowd was excited and then he tossed Triple H over the top rope.

5. Standard match- Because you don't always need such matches and a cell or steel cage match or a TLC/ladder match or a last man standing match to enjoy WWE and professional wrestling in general, and a standard mmatch can be just as good to watch.

#1 TLC Match: Imagine being a kid, and than all of a sudden watch Christian jumping of the ladder from 25 feet in the air and crashing! The Dudley's crushing every one with ladders, watching Edge and Christian do there conchairto's using there chairs, and the Hardy's doing there crazy shit of the ladders! That's what I went through as a kid and that match was amazing! In the end E&C triumphed and the TLC was born! LONG LIVE CHRISTIAN AND EDGE!

#2 Fall's count any where match:I just flat out love the concept! Pin falls anywere! I just love it, I could pin some one in a fat chicks pants, in a house, in a bucket of nachos, in the middle of Muslims praying, what ever! Any where is o.k and thats why I love it!

#3 Elimination chamber: Always loved it I have yet to see one bad eliminination chamber match! Eric Bishof was genius for inventing this! HBK Shawn Michaels won his first world heavy weight champion ship in the first Elimination chamber, to make his legendary career more legendary!

#4 Unsanctioned Match: Some crazy shit can happen here, no WWE official can do anything and some one (*KAYFABE*) can go to jail.

#5 Normal wrestling match with no gimmicks: Sometimes gimmicks are over-rated and it's the wrestling that counts, all the nay sayers go watch Bret Hart matches, or Kurt Angle matches, Benoit, HBK, etc!

I`ll give you my favorite match types, and a dream match

1. Hell In A Cell (The Undertaker v Triple H)
2. Ladder Match (Jeff Hardy v Ted Dibiase Jr v Randy Orton)
3. Last Man Standing (John Cena v Edge v Chris Jericho v Kane)
4. Money In The Bank (M.V.P v Shawn Michaels v Shelton Benjamin)

my fav types of wrestling matches would have to be

5 Scaffold Match
4 Royal Rumble
3 Survivor Series
2 Hell in a Cell
1 War Games

All are brutal or unique, wish they would bring back the scaffold match and the war games match.

1. Royal Rumble / Battle Royale

Great stuff; you just never know what's going to happen.

2. One night tournament

Loved King of the Ring back in the day with the one night 8-man tournament. I miss it. Hopefully they'll do that again this year.

3. Survivor Series match

Again, you never know what's going to happen.

4. Ladder Match

Especially when you have technically sound guys. The Jericho vs. Benoit match was classic. Eddy was in a couple; so was RVD. Loved the old Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels matches.

5. Elimination Chamber

Just like seeing a lot of guys in one match have to take a fall. I don't like guys losing who aren't involved in a pinfall. I HATE triple threat matches.

I will not include standard matches in this response as you cannot surpass a good old wrestling match:

5. Falls Count Anywhere - A rephrasing of the hardcore match in my opinion. This allows for outside ring matches. Although these days this match isnt as effective. Should be used more often than the LMS.

4. Last Man Standing - A match where you have to knock your opponent out to win is just a great concept for a match. No quick pins or submission. A real endurance match. A good fued ender type match like the 3 stages of hell match (not applicable to the Orton vs. HHH fued).

3. Royal Rumble - Just an unpredictable match that will deliver a lengthy battle between everyone. Great to see surprise returns or unknown entrants.

2. Any match type that involves a cage (Steel/Cell/Elimination Chamber/etc). The sense that you cannot escape or escape is your only way out gives that aura of inhumanity. Also, great match for ending fueds or ME matches on weekly TV programming (aka Steel Cage)

1. Any match type that involves a ladder (MITB/TLC/etc) makes for great matches, even TNA's reverse ladder match (King of the Mountain???) is ohkay. Some of the greatest matches have occured inside (Ramon v.s HBK)

Admin Note: This is a non-spam forum. If you want to post, you must give reasons for your list. If you simply post a list of favorites, you will receive a warning or an infraction. If you need an example of how to post, just look at the thread starter. Excellent work, LikeABoss13!

Number 5
Non- Sactioned Match
I've always been a fan of this match the brutality that you can have and the fact that nothing will get stopped. The fact that their have only been 3 of this type shows that this match is that brutal and should only be used in the most renlentless fueds

Number 4
Elimination Chamber
I love this match type, as i like alot of people brawling in a contained enveiroment. The first one with HBK winning the World Title after years off is one of my favourite matches ever. I like how feuds can end or get started in them and you can see superstars in them that you wouldnt normaly see against eachother. Even though i think they are not as good as they were back in the day as we always know the outcome with the same people winning e.g. Triple H.

Number 3
TLC/Ladder/MITB
The Fact that we can see some amazing spots is the reason its in top 5 and will always been a MOTY candidate or should be at least and have made some of the greatest clips in history, such as Edge spearing Jeff Hardy from the top or Shelton Benjamin running up the ladder and clothes lining Chris Jericho Off. Thats is entertainment.

Number 2
Hell in a Cell
This Match is amazing, its a brilliant way to end a feud. Their has never been a bad hell in a cell with the exception of Big Boss Man and The Undertaker (that match sucked). It is so fun to watch two men beating the holy hell out of each other, or 6, i loved the armageddon hell in a cell match, especially when that fat boy rikishi got pushed of the cell serves him and his ass folds right haha.

Number 1
Royal Rumble
This Match is the top of my list simply for one reason the fact we never know whos going to win it, its always a suprise, one of my fave's Chris Benoit winning, nobody expected him to win. Its always has comedy to it, creative and clever eliminations people fighting that you wouldnt expect and wouldnt rarely see. Just A Brilliant match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back