• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the greatest match in Smackdown history.

medz

Dark Match Winner
Basically what you think is the greatest match in smackdown history tell me an a explanation as well.

I will give you my favourites to get the ball rolling.

1. fatal 4 way no.1 contenders match in 2002, kurt angle vs benoit vs edge vs eddie guerrerro: 4 of the best gonig at it elimination style, the angle going on was benoit and guerrero are feuding, and edge had been attacked earlier by a train/albert, but continued, came down to angle and edge and edge won, simply breathtaking.

2. 4 team tlc match the for the tag team titles, hardy boyz vs dudleys vs edge/christian vs jericho/benoit : the most insane match in smackdown history,benoit stole the show, got injured halfway through the match, but came back to win it, jeff took a sick leg drop off the top of the ladder through the announcers table.

3. john morrison vs rey mysterio, intercontinental title: rey and morrison stole the show, in a awesome display of athleticism, easily rey's best match in years, and morrison got the win clean.

they are my picks, you can comment on them as well if you want, but, i wanna know........YOUR FAVOURITE SMACKDOWN MATCH.

Whilst I would definately go with the TLC match, there are some other ones worth a mention.......

Edge vs Eddie Guerrero No DQ - great match culminating a brilliant series/fued.

Various tag team matches involving Benoit/Angle, Myserio/Edge & Los Guerreros, most notably the 2 of 3 falls match between Rey/Edge and Ben/Ang - best tag team match I've ever seen.

Lesnar vs Angle in the iron man match was very good.

Matt Hardy vs Rey Mysterio for Cruiserweight title - the only time the CW title main evented, and it was well worthy!

1) Benoit vs. Austin, 2001 (Edmonton) - Intense brawling between two highly capable wrestlers with a highly involved crowd taking the energy of the match to another level. One of the most memorable bouts of either man's career, IMO.

2) Guerrero vs. Mysterio, June 2005 - Would have been the perfect match to end this feud on. Highly involved crowd once again that did exactly what both men needed them to do when the moments came for Guerrero to snap and for Mysterio to make his various comebacks. It was just a night where everything flowed right and came together.

Steel Cage Match: Edge VS Kurt Angle, May 2002- This was an outstanding match, and the Edge VS Angle feud was easily one of my favorite feuds from each man. Both Angle and Edge were going strong in WWE back then, and their feud couldn't have come at a better time. Also, I believe this match took place shortly after Angle's head was shaved bald.

Iron Man Match: Brock Lesnar VS Kurt Angle for the WWE championship- This match was just awesome on so many levels, and I feel this match was better than the one they had at Wrestlemania 19. This match was just brutal, and Angle and Lesnar beat the hell out of each other. It was a pretty cool moment when Brock won the title, because you rarely see a world championship change hands on free TV.

1. John Cena vs. Eddie Guerrero United States Championship Match in a Parking Lot Brawl: Parking Lot Brawls have always been one of my favorite stipulations, and with a rapping heel challenging the late great Eddie Guerrero it was just phenomenal. Even the end made Chavo Guerrero (why they made him job to the likes of 'Swoggle I will never understand) stand out. Phenomenal.

2. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle WWE Championship in an Ironman Match: Greatest Ironman Match I have ever witnessed, and the extremely rare occasion that the major title swapped hands on live television. It didn't dissapoint- honestly I believe it was better than their match at Wrestlemania.

3. The Rock & Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit: I admit, the reason why I put this in my main three is because it was the first ever Main Event that I had ever seen. Stephanie McMahon signed on Guerrero and Benoit in a surprise angle to piss off Eric Bischoff- and they sold it well. Rock & Edge were a great team as well.

1) as alot of people have already mentioned brock vs angle in the iron man match was relly awsome to watch i still think that is the best iron man match ever.

2) i would have to pick i dont know if alot of people remember this match but the tag team match with the rock and RVD vs the undisputed champion Y2J and the hardcore champion undertaker i used to love watch these matches they had against each other on smackdown

1. As everyone else has mentioned Brock/Angle in the Iron Man match it was epic

2. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the match between Jeff Hardy and John Morrison in 2009 when Morrison kicked out of the swantan but Hardy retained the title if you have not seen it yet you should as it is an instant classic

i going to say brock lesner vs kurt angle in a 60 minute iron man match it was a great t.v match and could have been the main event for wrestlemaina they had good match chemistry and told a great story

If you guys haven't seen The Best Of SmackDown DVDs that came out last year, check those out sometime as the matches on those are definitely shoo ins for greatest SD matches and possible GOATs.

My favorite that came out of the DVD was definitely Eddie vs. JBL for the WWE Championship. Eddie didn't win it, but damn what a frog splash from the top of the cage!

As the poster said that fatal fourway was an awesome match with not a dull moment I can remember, it would be treated as more of a classic if it was on a bigger stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back