• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Is The Best Type Of Match?

What Is Your Favourite Type Of Match?

• TLC

• Boiler Room Brawl

• Last Man Standing

• Hell In A Cell

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

I_Am_Electro_Boy

Simmer down and pucker up...
So, all you have to do is answer the title of the thread; what is the best type of match?

Mine would have to be either the TLC or Boiler Room Brawl. I really like both matches but if I had to choose it would have to be TLC. The legendary TLC matches between The Hardys, Dudleys and E&C are why the TLC match gets my vote.

So, what is your favourite match type is it the TLC, Hell In A Cell, Last Man Standing, Boiler Room, Inferno or something else?

Please Give Reasons!!!

i chose other. ultimate x other. now u didnt say in just wwe so i chose one from tna. the ultimate x match is one of the most craziest matches i have ever watched. and my favorite one will have to be the tag team one with beer money and mcmg just a few weeks back

I went the same direction as Miz_is_awesome69. However since he chose the Ultimate X. (I was going choose the first one ever freakin crazy). I'm going to with the King of the Mountain.

No not Double J Jeff Jarrett but the match. It is so crazy with whats happing at the same time. Plus the fact you have to pin someone (who is then locked up for 2 min) and on top of that actually hang the belt which adds even more crazy.

TLC by far, you just need to watch it for the first time and figure out that it was from another planet, and the teams competing in it: E&C and the hardy boyz, i just marked out in the end of the match, it was the most awesome thing i've seen in ages, and the wrestlers killed each other performing the most spectacular moves until that time, so yeah TLC did the trick for me.

Bill Lesnar enjoys the hell in a cell match due to its brutality. Bill Lesnar also likes it becuase it settles legendary fueds and signals importnace e.g hbk vs trips and taker vs orton. The hell in cell gives epic moments such as foley being tossed off the top of the cell

All of those matches were and are entertaining to watch. However, for me, my personal favorite would probably have to be the Iron Man Match. The match in general has such an old school feel to it and it's such a rarity these days to see a match go 60 minutes. The stipulation of getting the most falls you can within the 60 minute time limit provides just enough of a gimmick to keep things feeling special. I like the idea of this match ultimately being the one to end championship feuds because, kayfabe, it's very easy to bill the match as showing who really is the better man.

I would have to say that HIAC, when done properly to end a brutal feud, is exactly what a feud ending match needs to be. HBK & Taker did it, Taker & Foley did it. Even Nash & HHH did it.

They were brutal, bloody and intense. The perfect feud ender.

TLC were always great but always spot-fest-like. The Boiler Room Brawl only worked with Foley & Taker. With Big Show, it was poor. And Last Man Standing was normally entertaining and a close second in this case but sometimes it could be unrealistic or over the top.

I always preferred ladder matches. They could be brutal and allowed the wrestlers to do crazy spots and they could be a fued ender, and the good thing was anyone can be in it an d utilize a ladder to their advantage, e.g. smaller guys could use them as launching pads whereas larger guys could just use them as clobbering weapons.

TLCs in my opinion while good felt there was to much going on at times.

A ladder match is my favorite,
Being more specific MITB,
This match didn't get it's own PPV for no reason,
You usually have about half high flyers,
& Half non high flyers,
Which is also interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members