What Is The Best "Other" Song By Your Favorite Artist?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
By "other", I mean the best song by them that isn't already a single. For example, "I Stand Alone" isn't acceptable if your favorite band is Godsmack, but "Releasing The Demons" is. In some cases, it may have been released as a single, but didn't garner any success, or didn't get a ton of airplay, through radio or TV. For instance, "On A Plain" by Nirvana would work.

My favorite band is In This Moment, in case you haven't noticed. They're still relatively unknown, but their song Forever has gotten some radio play across the US, and the video has been played a little on TV. My favorite "other" song from them, is He Said Eternity. They've played it twice in all the shows that I've seen them, and it was never released for radio play, and a video was never made. I hold the lyrics very close to my heart, as they mean a lot to me, and represent a lot of my feelings for my son. It's one of their best songs musically also.

Another of my favorite bands is Godsmack. Everyone knows their hits I Stand Alone, Whatever, and Voodoo, but my favorite "other" song from them is Now Or Never. It's actually my favorite song from them period. The music is amazing, but the lyrics are, again, what sucked me in. It's a powerful song, and can have a ton of different meanings, all depending on hoe you feel when listening to it. I've seen them 4 times, and have yet to hear it live. It's never been on the radio, and a video was never made. In Sully's book, he says it was one of the first songs he ever wrote, and it was about a bitter break up with an ex.

Great thread. Nice way to post music, and discuss the songs that aren't on a popular (radio) list.

While I'm not entirely sure of my first listing, I've never once heard either song on the radio. So I purely assume they aren't hits. (yet)

"Breakdown" by Breaking Benjamin
[youtube]sOMhkZgoOfQ[/youtube]

While there is infact NO bad song by Breaking Benjamin for me, the songs Breakdown (above) and Until the End, are my favorite currents by them. I don't have a general reason for actually liking them, outside of just the rhythm (sp) and overall way they sound to me.

Until the End was a song I held for myself, as some of the lyrics speak to what I believe. To me, it's basically about never giving up, or giving in, no matter how much things seem against you.

"Why give up? Why give in?
It's not enough, it never is
So I will go on until the end
We've become, desolate
It's not enough, it never is
But I will go on until the end"

"More Than Anyone Deserves" by LeAnn Rimes
[youtube]rUzakvAUjMg[/youtube]

This song was basically the song I originally represented to Erin, so much so that the actual lyrics are on a card to her somewhere. I believe, possibly, an Anniversary card, or a Birthday card.

The song speaks from the heart, and allows for the words that can not be spoken, to shine through.

My favorite band is In This Moment, in case you haven't noticed.
Nice to see another fan of the band here. :) Seen them live myself.

"Where the Wild Things Are" - Metallica

This is, without a doubt, the best song off ReLoad. This song has never been played live by the band, recieved no airplay and sadly gets overlooked for the simple fact that this album is despised by a lot of their fanbase. Most people who usually throw this album on listen to the first four, commercially successful tracks, then skip the rest. A real shame, as I think this song is better than some of the bands earlier work.

"The Art of Shredding" - Pantera

This song never oficially had a video or single release, though a live performance of it ended up on their Cowboys from Hell: The Videos DVD. To me, this song best showcases the bands talent. Especially Dimebag's guitar which is top-notch, which is a combination of thrashy, groovy melodic fretwork and Phil's screeching, aggressive vocals, who had pretty much peaked at this time.

My Chemical Romance - Kill All Your Friends

This song was a B-Side track which never made it onto their album, 'The Black Parade' and is about how when someone dies, you should not be upset, you should celebrate the life they had by throwing a party and remember the good times, pretty much. Which is a good message.

Marilyn Manson - Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag

Honestly, I have no fucking idea what it's about but it just sounds really awesome although I have noticed a few references to Nazi Germany in the song with different lyrics, like "Goose Step" which I believe was the name of the sort of march the soldiers done or something like that which could mean the song is refering to Nazi Germany and the time period in general. It is basically a swing song with a dark, sinister, Marilyn Manson twist that he puts on all songs that he does. It's incredibly catchy as well. You should definatley check it out.

Both of those songs would have been great singles for both bands I feel.

Fergie: All that I got(The Makeup song)-This was a very good song from Fergie's debut album. It was a ballad similar to Big Girl's Don't Cry. It had a nice message and the lyrics along with the music are really nice. "Would you love me, if I didn't work out, or I didn't change my natural hair", it is one of the few songs by Fergie that actually have meaning and it should have been a single.

Beyonce: Smash into You: While this song is on her latest album "I am Sasha Fierce" and theres a chance this could become a single I highly doubt it. The song is just a great song. It hooks you in from the first set of strings and then as soon as Beyonce sings were voice is memerizing. The lyrics are great and this has to be one of my favorite songs ever(not just non-single either).

Hmmm...my favorite group is Daft Punk, and their best "other" or "B-side" song, in my opinion, would either be Fresh off of the Homework album or Make Love off of the Human After All album. Both songs are very soothing. I mainly like Fresh because of its video (it's a sequel to the video for Da Funk). However, besides being soothing, Make Love is also extremely haunting.

There was this one time, in high school, that I went to my girlfriend's house for dinner while her parents were away for a weekend (there was no sexy time involved though, just a lot of making out; I was scared as shit of sex before I turned 18). When I got there, I entered through the back door into a totally white recreational room with ambient lighting while PM Dawn's Set Adrift On Memory Bliss was playing (she had told me to come through the back door, I have no idea why). Thinking back on this time, Make Love would have been the perfect song to play when I entered the house.

I'd have to say Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - 1st of Tha Month. It definitely showed off Bone Thugs' harmonizing capabilities and it was just an overall awesome song. I don't know if it was an "other" song because they made a video for it but it got played nowhere near as much as Tha Crossroads did. Oh and the video for 1st of Tha Month? Extremely messed up, which makes it even better.

If I had to pick a different song, I would pick Absolute Power by Tech N9ne. Crazy song, Tech's flow was sick and had a real raw sound to it. Not only is it lyrically awesome, but I can play this song at the bar and people start dancing to it. So basically it has a great beat, great lyrics, and it's better than 90% of the hip hop songs being played today at the clubs and bars.

Bullet For My Valentine - Disappear

This was one of the first songs I heard when Scream, Aim and Fire came out last year and I immediatly took a liking for it. It's fast paced and I like the lyrics. It's kinda like 10 Years Today from BFMV's 'The Posion' album, which was one of my favourite songs.

Funeral For A Friend - Walk Away

This was released as a single and, like Disappear, it was one of the first songs I listened too when I bought Tales Don't Tell Themselves. I love the lyrics, really meaningful. But the songs slower pace nature is a nice alternative to FFAF's usual stuff.

Rev Theory - You're The One

This song is just amazing. I love it. I don't particually know why because, deep down, its not the best song on the album. But... I dunno, I just find it easy listening.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone

It is hard to determine what the song Lynyrd Skynyrd is most known for, if it is Free Bird or if it is Sweet Home Alabama. But my favourite song is neither by them. It is Tuesday's Gone. You may not know it if you are not fans of their music, or of the genre itself, you may know the song off of the movie "Dazed and Confused" or the cover off of Metallica's Cover Album. The song is really the song I think of when Dawn comes. The night is over, and now it is time for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back