What is better for new stars.

Nascarman

Occasional Pre-Show
There are a lot of titles in the wwe right now. If you are a new guy on wwe what title would be better for you.(not WWE or World title.)

It is a hard answer, I want to say the ECW title because you are the champ of a show. Even thou it is a one hour develament show. You do get to fight with WWE/World champ every now and then durning 3 hour Raw. However Jack Swagger, Matt Hardy Mark Heanry, Kane and Chaovo have all done very little as far as ganing Prestage for themselvs sence leaving ECW.

Tag team belts have also prudeced some good World champs over the years.
But The hardy boys, APA, Edege and Christen were the last time this happenend. so i dont know.
I think the US belt is to pressed for time right now. The US champ is not on a lot of Raw shows.
So i would have to say the IC title on smackdown is the title i would want. It gets feachered a lot on Smackdown.
so what do you think.

Hmmm...interesting point...

I would love to have the US Championship. I think it's the most beautiful championship out there. However I would only want it if it was on SmackDown because I feel it belongs there. On SD they still treat their midcard title like it means something as they have done with the IC title. If the change doesn't happen, then my next choice would be the Intercontinental Championship. Third would be the ECW Championship because like Nascarman said, you're the Champion of a show.

I'd want to win the tag team belts with someone uppercard now because they are united and now seem to be more worthy to hold right now. Actually, it also depends on who is holding the belt at the time. Take the U.S. championship for instance. I'd rather win the belt off of Jericho or J Hardy than win it off of Kingston or Santino 'cause it would just mean a hell of a lot more in the eyes of the fans and even the I.W.C. and give me the better boost at the start of my career.

If I were a new super star, I wouldn't even touch the ECW brand if I had a say in it. True it's a great Farm show but the problem is there's only going to be 1 face and 1 heel battling over the championship. Now before you say: "no shit Toscah, did a Berkley doctorate tell you that?" Obviously no, they didn't. My point is that the two battling over the title are always going to be stars that are already established, example right now is Christian and Regal. You'd be stuck fighting against these two leaving no room to show your in ring diversity against other stars with other styles, or stuck feuding with Jobbers.
I'd have to pick being on Smackdown feuding for their midcard title. As someone mentioned above they've done an excellent job pushing their midcards and keeping champions with the belt who know how to push someone over. Raw just seems to use their mid carders to stall long enough for everyone in the arena to get drunk enough to wall out when the main eventers step in.

I think that the ECW title would be the best title to have as a young guy. You get to be the face of the brand and will more than likely get both mic time and in ring time each week. The more experience and exposure you get, the faster you will improve.

You said that the wrestlers who have recently held the ECW Title haven't been helped, but you are a little off on that. The last two to hold it, Matt Hardy and Jack Swagger are both in great shape. Hardy is on the verge of the title picture on Smackdown and Swagger had a match on Summerslam, despite being on the main roster for less than a year.

As for the other titles, the US and IC Title aren't that significant anymore, and the tag titles haven't been too helpful as launching pads recently, just ask the Colons.

If you are just starting out, obviously you want to play your career smart and look out for the best long term interests of your tenure in WWE.

With that being said, the Tag Team Championship is the best title to hold if you are just starting out. Someone who is new and gets awarded with an Intercontinental title reign right off that bat, like Santino did, is just asking for trouble.

My best advice is to go in this order:

Tag Team Championship
ECW Championship
United States Championship
Intercontinental Championship (at least 2 reigns before moving up to Heavyweight)
WWE or World Championship

If the U.S title was to be more exposed and better used like the I.C on SmackDown! is then I'd go that way. Both titles have been held by great champions. The mid card is a nice way to boost a nice look singles superstar. If management couldn't decide on a guy or two to push as a singles star, I say put them in the tag title division and see what they can do together. Far worse teams have been thrown together so why not give it a shot. After the team gets the gold or gets soo close but can't win them, have them face off. One as a heel and the other a face and see who gets the bigger reaction.

It's better than having a small undefeated streak and just lose out of nowhere or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back