What if?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDavis328

Pre-Show Stalwart
So as i was reading some old editorials on this site and remembering history i had a question.

Think back to 2005. One of the biggest backstage controversies to hit the wwe locker room for a bit of time. Matt Hardy is released after Lita cheats on him with Edge and then leaves him. As Matt Hardy heads to the indys he starts to really have that whole situation fuel him. Now as Edge begins to get heat and fans begin to chant for Matt Hardy when Edge is in the ring. Really it is debatable that Matt really had a real movement behind him at this point. Eventually Vince saw dollar signs and asks for Matt to come back after they released him. At this point he was wrestling for ROH and this company named TNA that was just getting on the Radar was looking for that 1 star to come and really bring them to the next level. Matt had 2 choices at this point. We know how the first came out. WWE really had a oppertunity in many peoples opinion but instead really made it more of a squash return and riveraly with edge making matt become edges stepping stone straight to the top.

A little bit after Christian made the jump to TNA and things really started rolling for TNA. Spike Tv came. More stars started comming in(Sting,Steiner,etc) and Tna started their rollar coaster up. Now my Question is what if Matt were to go to TNA instead of WWE? He really has great wrestling ability,His mic work is quite good,and he was in the same kind of place Christian was placing wise(both were midcard guys who had big fueds but never really got to the main event level). So add on to that the movement he was having in fanbase and true life drama he was going through,could matt of made a simliar if not greater impact jumping to TNA?

it basicly is up to Matt if he went to TNA, it is somewhat Matt's fault why he is currently in the place he is in. Remember when the gave him the time to cut the promo and all that good stuff Matt could have been another Stone Cold but he dropped that ball as soon as he got so i don't it would have mattered, TNA might have just gave him cluster fuck jobbing there until they relased him along with jeff

Ummmm......... nothing. Simply nothing. Now I am not a fan of Matt Hardy whatsoever, but I respect the hell out of the guy. If Matt Hardy would have gone to TNA, then Matt Hardy would have gone to TNA. TNA wouldn't be any bigger than they are right now. Matt Hardy isn't a big enough impact player to make any kind of a difference. Would he have become TNA Champion (NWA at the time)... probably. Once or twice. But it's still TNA. If that were to happen, nobody 10 years down the line would look at Matt Hardy's career and say "damn, his time in TNA was amazing and he had a hell of an impact." Matt would have eventually come back to the E for a bigger paycheck like most superstars do (or at least want to come back to WWE). Nothing today would be any different for anybody.

No, jumping to TNA would not have done anything for either Matt Hardy or TNA. He's not that marque player that would elevate that show to new heights. TNA's issues are creative and production value in that order not talent roster.

Jumping to TNA would've done nothing for the company. Matt is a mid-card wrestler, no better or worse. His mike skills are not as great as it was stated earlier, and he can't generate any big reaction with the crowd. At his worst heel bit, he still couldn't pull enough people in to really hate him. Christian is a different story. He has great mike skills (not utilized on ECW) and can muster up a reaction in the audience. He has the "it" factor that Matt lacks.

Matt Hardy going to TNA from ROH and not WWE would have done nothing. He might have garnered a big fan interest in the company for them as the Hardy's have always had a huge fan following. But Matt is a mid-carder at best. You can call him a former world champion due to his ECW championship reign but he is nothing special outside of that. He was always the less exciting of the two brothers. The only difference I could seee though is that if Matt was in TNA maybe Jeff would of gone back to or stuck with TNA for a potential Hardy Boys reunion there instead of the WWE. Guess the only thing we can do is speculate on what could have been I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back