What If.....

WWF Wrestling Fan

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok this is my first ever thread so bare with me, but I was just thinking a few minutes ago and what if WCW would have bought The WWF back in 2001 how would it be diffrent from The WWF buying WCW and who do you guys think would be in WCW from WWF/WWE right now if that would have happen and what ppv's do you think WCW would have used from the WWF/WWE.

I'm ah keep it real with you man. If the tables were turned so to speak. I think that WCW would have f--ked it up anyways man. Too much talent to maintain.

I don't even think that the Undertaker would have signed with WCW anyway ether. He had too much loyalty to Vince Mcmahon. Push come to shove, he probraly would have walked. Like the radicals (Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, & Saturn) did in WCW.

I'm sorry, but that wouldn't have lasted. WCW was horrible in the end. Way too gimmicky. They would have imploded had WCW bought out the WWF. However, I could see Vince coming back with a new WWE lol. To answer some of your questions though, they would have used the Royal Rumble, and maybe SummerSlam or Survivor Series. No need for WrestleMania cus they had Starrcade.

they already had too much good talent with no direction locked in guaranteed contracts. if you added even half of the wwe's top tier talent and their ego's we would have watched the industry implode before our very eyes. eispecially since the WCW loved to air their dirty laundry on television, it would have lasted a year or two at best.

straight up the future of wrestling would now be in the hands of Norman Smiley and Buff the stuff Bagwell
lol no i liked both of them guys especially the wiggle lol but who knows it would have been crazy if everything stayed the same as in no wrestlers quit undertaker vs sting
we could of had a good ddp character instead of that smiling goober vince made him be plus does anyone remember kronic bryan adams and cant think of the other guys name they were cool
so was jindrak and his big tag partner all i can remember is the seanton bomb

Well hopefully WCW wouldnt go ******ed like WWE< n ruin all the big names like DDP, Goldberg, n sum other poor saps. N at the same there would probably be a totally different wrestling world 2day. No TNA cuz jarrett would still be #1 in WCW. No Undertaker or Shawn Michaels, 2 loyal. N triple H wouldnt be a 13 time champ cuz Eric bishoff doesnt hav a daughter 2 ... well u get my point. Oh n they would keep Royal Rumble 4 sho.

I'm ah keep it real with you man.

Would it kill you to type "I'm going to tell you what I honestly think, man?" Like a decent human being?

If the tables were turned so to speak. I think that WCW would have f--ked it up anyways man. Too much talent to maintain.

If the WcW had the money in 2001 to buy the WWF, that would mean they didn't fuck up extreamly bad in 1998, so I'd say the could have done decent.

I don't even think that the Undertaker would have signed with WCW anyway ether. He had too much loyalty to Vince Mcmahon.

I disagree. He had a job to keep, and food to keep on the table.

Push come to shove, he probraly would have walked. Like the radicals (Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, & Saturn) did in WCW.

Beniot was in the WWE the day he died. Guerrero was too. Saturn joined the WWE from 2000-2002, but couldn't cut it. Malenko was in the WWE from 2000-2001, and couldn't cut it. All of these "radicals" went into the WWE.

bigfan0508 said:
I'm sorry, but that wouldn't have lasted.

If they had the money to buy out the WWF in 2001, they would have lasted.

WCW was horrible in the end. Way too gimmicky. They would have imploded had WCW bought out the WWF.

They didn't have the money to buy out the WWF in the first place, once again if they actually had the money, Vince would have sold his product for about 3x its actual worth. They would have made it. But WcW was doing so badly, it had to sell out, for much lower than its actual price, I'm assuming.

However, I could see Vince coming back with a new WWE lol.

I'm sure there would be extra precautions in the contract, assuring the WcW that Vince would NEVER own a wrestling product again. Or at least for a decade or so.

To answer some of your questions though, they would have used the Royal Rumble, and maybe SummerSlam or Survivor Series. No need for WrestleMania cus they had Starrcade.

You're probably correct. No telling how many names they would have used from the WWF/E. They would have owned it all anyways.

Milk, I'm sorry but you made a few errors there. For one, Chris Beniot, Eddie Guerrero, Perry Saturn, and Dean Malenko debuted at the same time as the radicals. Dean Malenko couldn't handle it? No. He retired from wrestling and still works backstage. I gotta say, this thread is pretty vague. If WCW were to have purchased WWF, WCW would have had to be a completely different company at the time? They would have had to make some drastic changes. With that being said, this question is impossible to answer. Too many variables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back