What if Triple H's quad injury ended his career?

Hacksaw Highway

Getting Noticed By Management
So I've been seeing all these "What if?" threads on here and I think I have an interesting one: what if Triple H's quad injury back in 2001 had ended his career? What would the WWE be like now? Would there be people who are stars who wouldn't be, or visa versa? Triple H has been known to hold down people he doesn't like and put over hid friends, with him gone, how would the landscape look?

A lot of other guys would have had title reigns. Although, WWE Popularity and merchendise sales wouldve gone down since HHH is one of the WWEs top guys. I think we also would have seen longer title reigns for people like Jericho,Batista,Goldberg,and Shawn Michaels

A lot of other guys would have had title reigns. Although, WWE Popularity and merchendise sales wouldve gone down since HHH is one of the WWEs top guys. I think we also would have seen longer title reigns for people like Jericho,Batista,Goldberg,and Shawn Michaels

But think about it. Batista's status was heavily boosted by Evolution if HHH's career ended, Evolution would have probably never happened therefore Batista wouldnt be as big as he is today. I think the farthest Batista would have gone was the mid cards the he would have eventually been released. I think Orton would have still been where he is today but it would have taken a little longer for him to get anywhere i'd say he would have just been getting out of the mid cards by 06. Alot would have been different had Trip's career been ended

Batista properly wouldn't of gotten to were he is with out being in Evolution same as orton imo

So i think Batista would of been released. Orton would be on the WWE Roster but stuck in midcard like Shelton Benjamin.

Batista had an infinitely better gimmick as Leviathan, and without HHH, perhaps he could've remained in that role.

The chain effects of what would of happened if HHH's career being ended in 2001 would have been massive.The Rock could have possibly stayed,Lesnar may have too.That means Cena would have taken longer to develop on Smackdown! dude to Brock being there and Benoit would have been a no name without winning the title from HHH at Mania.HBK may have have never came back and TNA wouldn't have been getting half of the WWE roster because they would have stayed due to HHH being gone.Also Evolution would have never been thought of and Batista would have been future endeavored in a few months.

it wouldnt bother me a bit it would give somebody else in wwe to be the spoiled little brat and shine for a while. i wonder if a diva ever married shane if she would then become the womens champ for a long time and always win it, hmmmmmmm. yea so as u can tell i just dont like him, but i guess if u marry the daughter u get that.

In Bret Hart's book, he said Shawn and Hunter were both on the booking committee, in which they really tried to hold the Rock back and make him look as bad as they could. Look what happened with him. In the end, Vince has the final say. The WCW guys would have been booked to look bad anyways by Vince to show he one-upped the whole company. The only thing I can think of is Chris Jericho might be at HHH's spot right now.

A lot of midcarders would have had more opportunities to get pushes, including Benoit. Benoit probably would have been higher up on the card, and not stuck on ECW, so I say Benoit would have still been alive if HHH was gone in 2001

Well, there'd obviously be an extra space on the Main Event, although I'm unsure as to who would have gained them. I'm not one of those who listens to the 'Triple H held him down' rubbish, because all it is is rubbish. The WWE would have been without a few great matches. Shawn Michaels' return in 2002 was so big due to the feud with Triple H, which produced some great matches and promos. I'm unsure as to how he'd have returned without Triple H, whose history with Shawn set everything up perfectly.

The WWE has also used Triple H a few times when there hasn't been anyone else worthy to hold the belt. Without him there, it could possibly have gone on someone not ready to hold a title, which would have been a shame, as that can end a career as well as start it.

It's kind of sad, but if HHH's career would have ended, I may actually be a Cena fan :(

Before Trips took his massive heel turn, I was a massive fan of all the top face wrestlers. HHH changed my opinion.

It was the first time I actually watched wrestling from the standpoint of wrestling, instead of personalities. Prior to his first huge push as a heel, it seemed like wrestling fans marked out for any face in any match. HHH changed that for the wrestling world.

I know he gets criticized for using his relationship with Stephanie and Vince to get ahead, but I truly think HHH is one of the best wrestlers we have ever seen. He appreciates those who came before him and understands that it plays an important role for those who will come after him.

Say what you will about the Game, but it's been well played over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back