• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What If TNA Never Existed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
You can talk about a bunch of stuff here. What would the iMPACT! be if TNA had never existed?

Would Kurt Angle be dead?

Would Booker be homeless?

Would half the roster be pointless indie wrestlers?

Would ROH be doing better business?

Would WWE have picked up some of the stray talent?

There's no real point discussing if a rival promotion would have come up instead, unless you want to be painfully specific.

Personally, I just wonder why James Storm and Alex Shelley would be. I wonder whether they'd have been picked up by the WWE or would be in ROH full time or something like that. Basically, there'd be nowhere for ex-WWE/WCW wrestlers to go, and there'd be nowhere for promising indie talents to come up to... save WWE.

I dunno, I'm just bored. Think outside the box.

Would Kurt Angle be dead?
I think he would still be in WWE working through the pain until he had to retire due to permanent neck injury or retire and go to Rehab due to an addiction to Painkillers
Would Booker be homeless?
no he'd probably be working full time on his PWA promotion in Huston
Would half the roster be pointless indie wrestlers?
They probably wouldhave stayed in the Indies but they would not be pointless. Guys like Styles, Sabin, Shelley and everyone else probably never would have left ROH which leads us into the next question.
Would ROH be doing better business?
Yes if the guys I mentioned and everyone else had stayed in ROH that's where they would have made it big and they most definatly would be doing better business
Would WWE have picked up some of the stray talent?
Probably some, but most of them would have stayed in the Indies and never got up to the WWE due to all the pressure they put on guys to conform to the WWE style of wrestling

I think if TNA never existed guys like Christian, Angel, Booker, and Foley probabaly would have sucked it up and stayed with the WWE, since their would be no other promotion to go to that has a stable following, regular TV time, endorsements ect. This is unless ROH, was able to get the spot that TNA is in now, then maybe they would have been there. I think all the indy type guys like Styles, Shelly, Sabin, ect...probabably would still be in the Indy's or ROH. Wrestling would be different, but I think it's good that TNA exists just so the WWE someday may have a little competition.

If TNA never existed then ROH would be bigger, and the WWE roster would be much bigger. Guys like mysterio fan said, Angle, Booker, Foley etc. would probably still be in the WWE, and they would've probably picked up some of the indy guys like AJ Styles. Also, WWE might have more cruiserweights and therefore have kept the cruiserweight title. But some of the older guys, such as Sting and Scott Steiner, wouldn't be wrestling right now. It would definately be different and ROH would probably be the TNA right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back