What if there was no WRESTLEMANIA?

xxdef25xx

ALLSTAR by day ROCKSTAR by night
Seriously what if the Grand Daddy of em All, the place where legends are made wasn't around. What if way back when ol' Vinny Mac didn't think about this and build it like he did, I mean we are talking about a change in history. Does the WWE/F still go on to become what it is? Is it just a local promotion for us in the NorthEast? Do WCW and ECW come to be?

Put it this way no 'Mania means NO Hogan v. Andre NO Savage v. Steamboat NO Warrior v. Hogan NO Hart v. Hart NO HBK v. Ramon Ladder Match NO HBK v. Hart Iron Man NO Hardys v. E&C v. Dudleys TLC NO Austin v. Rock and a BIG one NO "STREAK", I mean 'Taker's career is built off the streak and if 'Mania never happens Undertaker is just plain ol' Joe Schmo at your job. When we talk about our favorite wrestlers from whatever era there is a great chance we also mention there Wrestlemania moment as there best.

What do you guys and gals think? No 'Mania you think your still a wrestling fan today? You think WWE/wrestling comes anywhere near the popularity it is now? You think some promotions still stay in business while other never even emerge? Do some guys stay in certain promotions and and never step foot in WWF/E? Maybe Henning stays in AWA or Million Dollar Man stays Deep South. Please discuss how you think you would be and how wrestling would be today without WRESTLEMANIA.

ahhh the "what if" question, look man no one really knows what would happen but i would guess wwf/e would have gone down because wrestlemania is what built wwf/e and without it, it just would of been another wrestling promotion with noting special

What if Steve Austin was never in the WWE. What if Bret Hart was never screwed. What if, what if what if. It's tough to answer like that because you will never know. All you can do is guess and assume and that's pointless IMO.

Quite simply, if there was no Wrestlemania, then there would be no WWE as we know it. With Stone Cold put aside, Wrestlemania was the only thing that helped the WWF in the Monday Night Wars, and without a Wrestlemania, Austin may not have even left WCW for the WWF. WCW would ultimately win the Wars, and TNA would not exist as Jeff Jarret would still work for them. Then, perhaps WCW wouldn't live up to standards without competition. Pro Wrestling would be changed forever.

Or not, whatever...

Quite simply, if there was no Wrestlemania, then there would be no WWE as we know it. With Stone Cold put aside, Wrestlemania was the only thing that helped the WWF in the Monday Night Wars, and without a Wrestlemania, Austin may not have even left WCW for the WWF. WCW would ultimately win the Wars, and TNA would not exist as Jeff Jarret would still work for them. Then, perhaps WCW wouldn't live up to standards without competition. Pro Wrestling would be changed forever.

Or not, whatever...

well here's my thing I know the what if questions are hard to answer but this one affects an entire business.. NO WWF/E NO WCW because what got WCW over was.....Hogan Nash and Hall that was the trio that started the push. You take away 'Mania and Hogan probably doesn't get builded into what he was going into WCW because theres no Andre moment or his other 'Mania moment there's NO effect of Hall or Nash because maybe Nash doesn't go to WWF now or Hall isn't relevant because there's no Ladder Match moment and he stays in AWA. No Mania means little promotions or possibly NO wrestling it becomes excint in the 90's

What if Steve Austin was never in the WWE. What if Bret Hart was never screwed. What if, what if what if. It's tough to answer like that because you will never know. All you can do is guess and assume and that's pointless IMO.

What if Bret Hart was never screwed? God if only that was true that one is a for sure no what if, if that happened WM 26 wouldn't of had to suffer through the pointless 23 chair shot match, and his character would be done because he couldn't be the whiny little bitch he is. Wah Wah Vince screwed me over. NO BRET you wouldn't drop the belt and you knew you had to because you went to another company YOU FUCKED YOURSELF...so if Bret never got "screwed" we wouldn't of heard crying for the last 13 years! Also if Wrestlemania never existed what would the Undertaker be known for lol?

The only "what if" would be.....if it never happened, I'd be $40.00-$60.00 richer every year because it means I would never have to buy it (the sliding scale is for inflation....I've been around the block, and it used to be like between $30.00 and $40.00 in my younger days). No seriously.....I think anymore, the last two to three WM's have really been letdowns. I mean think about it....with the exception of the streak, and the re-match between U and HBK, there hasn't been more than just one standout match. I'm not talking a "spot"---where someone jumps off the top of the GatorBowl and lands squarely on the table :worship: , I'm merely talking how one angle ended, or that there were two or three matches that went 30 minutes or better. Yes I know, the attention span ain't what it used to be, but for heaven's sake, you're setting aside FOUR HOURS on the PPV schedule....one would think that matches would really be extended :banghead:. It used to be back several years ago, there would be arguments over which match was better, or who left a better lasting impression (i.e. SCSA). Now it's....well....it's almost just that they're building up the sales, or trying to, with really only one good match, storyline and all, and the rest is filler.

Seriously what if the Grand Daddy of em All, the place where legends are made wasn't around. What if way back when ol' Vinny Mac didn't think about this and build it like he did, I mean we are talking about a change in history. Does the WWE/F still go on to become what it is? Is it just a local promotion for us in the NorthEast? Do WCW and ECW come to be?

Put it this way no 'Mania means NO Hogan v. Andre NO Flair v. Steamboat NO Warrior v. Hogan NO Hart v. Hart NO HBK v. Ramon Ladder Match NO HBK v. Hart Iron Man NO Hardys v. E&C v. Dudleys TLC NO Austin v. Rock and a BIG one NO "STREAK", I mean 'Taker's career is built off the streak and if 'Mania never happens Undertaker is just plain ol' Joe Schmo at your job. When we talk about our favorite wrestlers from whatever era there is a great chance we also mention there Wrestlemania moment as there best.

What do you guys and gals think? No 'Mania you think your still a wrestling fan today? You think WWE/wrestling comes anywhere near the popularity it is now? You think some promotions still stay in business while other never even emerge? Do some guys stay in certain promotions and and never step foot in WWF/E? Maybe Henning stays in AWA or Million Dollar Man stays Deep South. Please discuss how you think you would be and how wrestling would be today without WRESTLEMANIA.

flair never wrestled steamboat at wrestlmania. the most famous stemaboat match at mania was against savage for the i.c. tittle which is consider the best i.c. tittle match at wm history. im sure if there was no wm we would of still had some of those great matches and rivals but it wouldent mean as much

if there was no wrestlemania then maybe midsouth/nwa crockett productions could have become the mega-company since starrcade was first...but who knows its all pure guessing and speculation, there really is no right or wrong.

Look at the bright side, if there was no WrestleMania there would be no Hogan lol.

Besides, I think most older wrestling fans would say it wasn't WrestleMania that really put them on the map. I think most would say it was when Hogan slammed Andre at WrestleMania III. That moment really thrust wrestling as a whole into the spotlight.

Its kind of a waste of time to even discuss this though. Wrestling is a business first and foremost, If Vince didn't figure out to create there version of the Super Bowl then someone else would have. Starrcade was a good, maybe even great idea, but what made WrestleMania was it was at MSG. Where was the first Starrcade, Greensboro? Atlanta? Who cares they couldn't compete with the big city and bright lights atmosphere of NYC.

What we should be discussing is what if Starrcade was held at MSG instead of the Greensboro Coliseum? This might have changed the history of wrestling completely as we know it. Maybe WWF/E doesn't become what it becomes. Maybe NWA reigns supreme. WWF/E virtually put UWF and AWA out of business, that doesn't happen. Harley Race V. Ric Flair in a cage match for the NWA title at the garden, WOW. Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood V. The Briscoes, Valentine V. Piper. Wahoo McDaniel, Carlos Colon, Abdullah the Butcher and Kevin Sullivan just to name some others on the card. They had a good base of talent. If you look at the names at the first WrestleMania, you will see that most of them were on the first Starrcade. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.

Even if there was no Wrestlemania, Undertaker would still be who and what he is right now. He would still be the dead-man, and the phenom, names which were given to him when the streak was probably only 2-0 or 3-0. He would still walk the top rope, he would still be the scary man from the dark-side, he would still tombstone piledrive and and choke-slam and last-ride people, he would still vary and evolve his character from mortician to dead-man to lord of darkness to ministry of darkness to American bad-a** to Big Evil to hybrid, there would still be Paul Bearer, there would still be Kane, there would still be Mankind and all the other great feuds he did, there would still be hell in a cell, casket, inferno, buried alive, etc. The dead-man would still be the most dominant, destructive force in WWE history, and one of the all time greats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back