What if Sting joined the Original NWO?

If Sting had joined my guy would have been Benoit to be the savior/fighter.
Think about it the guy was billed as a tough guy. He had matches with Meng, Barbarian, the dungeon of doom and the guy was clearly tough as nails. I just think if WCW had needed a guy he could have stepped up and the guys in the locker room could have come to watch his back.
Outside of Benoit there really was nobody (except Sting)
Luger- Couldn't even SAY WCW let alone put butts in the seats
Flair- as stated was having issues with WCW management/backstage issues
Piper- Didn't he have major hip surgery around that time?
DDP- ehhh touchy subject with that. People did get behind him but to put him as a top draw/main event guy I still shudder when I see him winning the gold strap.
Savage could have potentially stepped up to the plate and all.
The Giant perhaps?

And to the special people saying Sting was penciled to be the 3rd choice have your heads examined. Sting was never slated to be the 3rd man. Hart was rumored but all in all it was HOGAN all along. Hogan, Bischoff and other WCW writers held meetings to debate and discuss names. Hogan was very worried about turning heel but ultimately made the switch.

when the nwo idea was first presented bischoff went to hogan, and then when hogan showed signs of not doing it bischoff went to sting. my opinion is that if sting wouldve been the third man hogan wouldve been the savior and wcw wouldnt have came close to touching the wwe in ratings.

If Sting had gone "Crow" and joined the black and white of the original nWo as the 3rd member it would have worked, and it would have allowed Hulk Hogan to be the "saviour" of the company. That would have got over.

However, the heel turn of Sting would have been a big deal, but not comparable with Hogan becoming a bad guy for the 1st time in his legendary career. Hogan turning was the biggest news in wrestling for a long time. The impact of the nWo would not have been as great had Sting been the 3rd member of the faction instead of Hogan, and would not have given us the classic Sting "dropping from the rafters and stalking the nWo".

Hogan was getting booed back then as a face anyway, the WCW fans were tired of him as the good guy and he finally realised that he needed to change to a heel to stay relevant, and it worked. Hogan was the best damm heel in the business during his initial Hollywood run. Sting has tried to play heel (we've seen this in TNA) and it's never quite worked. Hogan embraced it, and it got over.

So, I am glad that Sting didnt become the 3rd member. It would still have been good, but the way it turned out was better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back