What If...Marty Jannetty didn't love Strippers?

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
"Hi, I'm Marty Jannetty, and I love ****es."

Ok, so he never actually said that. Not around me at least. But while people are asking "what if Sting had gone to WWF?" and "what if Sid hadn't broken his leg?" let's ask what would have happened had Marty not loved unclean ****s in trashy dive bars so much.

1. Marty would have been at least a 2-3 time Intercontinental Champion. He only held the best for 2 weeks the one time he won it - taking it from Shawn Michaels on an episode of Raw (and winning MOTY in the process), having a successful DQ defense against Bam Bam Bigelow the following week, and losing it at a house show to Michaels, sporting a new 7 foot bodyguard in Diesel.

But if he'd stuck around, Marty would have feuded with Shawn, Razor, Diesel, Douglas, etc. for that belt, and probably would have held the best a few times, and for longer reigns.

2. The Rockers would have had at least one truly successful reunion. Marty and Shawn never had an officially recognized tag team championship reign. For shame. If Marty let the big head do the thinking, he and Shawn would have reconciled, much as they did a few years back leading up to Shawn's match with Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania, and would have likely enjoyed a tag team championship reign.

3. Shawn and Marty would have been two-time Match of the Year Winners, once for a WWF Title Match. Marty would not have defeated Shawn, but he would have provided to terrific challenge at an In Your House type pay-per-view.

4. Marty would have wrestled Santino Marella. When Santino was doing the Honky-meter, a showdown with Jannetty would have been an answer to my professional wrestling wet dream. It sooo would have happened had Captain Strip Club not used up all of his chances.

Getting laid and drinking was never really his problem. It was coke and pills. Take the strippers away you still have the drugs... or if not strippers he is still a man on the road he is going to get laid by someone. So, you take em away and nothing changes.

You know, this is something that I thought while watching old Royal Rumble payperviews the other week. I think the original plan was definitely for Jannetty and Michaels to rise together, by feuding each other. I wouldn't have been surprised if the ladder match at Wrestlemania X would have seen The Rockers facing off against one another, as opposed to it being Razor Ramon.

Jannetty was always over when he came back in the early 90s and the match at the Royal Rumble in 1993 where Sherri got involved was an all time classic. That feud could have continued and had a big blowout match at Wrestlemania IX, but Jannetty managed to get himself fired. I really think if he had avoided his vices he could have found himself in the main event with Shawn by 1996.

Unfortunately, Jannetty is a classic example of a talent that shot himself in the foot. If you watch old Rockers matches, it is not clear which one would be the breakout star. Even after they split, it could have gone either way. It is clear that WWF realised his potential, which is why he was given so many chances, but he just couldn't cure his demons.

Marty Jannetty was as useless as can be. Yes he some good matches with Shawn Michaels, but tell me some other good matches he had with other opponents. He hasnt. I go back and try to watch some of his matches on old tapes of mine and it usually doesnt take me long before I finally just skip his matches all togeather. All Jannetty was really was a jobber even when he was teamed with HBK as the Rockers.

Well, he had a good watch with Kurt Angle a few years ago. So you know he can be a "good" athlete. But he was pretty much used differently when WWE realized he wasn't gonna amount to much in the business. That shot away a lot of other potientally good matches. Too bad, I've always liked Marty. I'm still secretly rooting for a comeback ^_^ Nothing big, just a Raw regular who puts on the occasional good match, get over some younger talent, ya know..

Marty Jannetty was as useless as can be. Yes he some good matches with Shawn Michaels, but tell me some other good matches he had with other opponents. He hasnt. I go back and try to watch some of his matches on old tapes of mine and it usually doesnt take me long before I finally just skip his matches all togeather. All Jannetty was really was a jobber even when he was teamed with HBK as the Rockers.

I wish I had red repped you for this post, but alas I did not. Marty Jannety didn't have enough time to develop into a star before he was taken from all so early in his life... by Miss Kitty's Sexaporium. Like IC said, imagine Jannety now? He would have retired a couple years ago, been in a Legends contract, won a few IC titles, maybe a long Euro title reign, and most importantly now that we look back, a tag team title. The Rockers would be remembered for more than they are now. And face is, Santino beating Jannety for the tag team titles would have been very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back