What If: Lance Storm

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
What If: Lance Storm would've won the W.C.W. World Heavyweight Championship?

So in my review of a couple older tapes, I went through my 2000 collection of favorites and there was my all-time favorite Superstar from that era in W.C.W.. Lance Storm.

This guy had it all, almost literally. He had a faction that was one of the best. He was one of the top rated heels, and carried the Canadian war almost as good as Bret Hart in 1997. He held 3 fricken Championships, at one time. (United States, Cruiserweight & Hardcore) He had a World Heavyweight Championship match w/ Booker T. that he lost, but took Booker to the limit and the match was absolutely amazing.

So why didn't they give Storm the opportunity to run with the Championship, at least for a month? You can't tell me a Storm v. Booker T. rivalry would've been worse than a Booker T. v. Scott Steiner rivalry, or Storm v. Gen. Rection.

All in all, I think W.C.W. missed a big opening with Lance Storm. I'm sure had the company been around a year or two after this portion of time.. Storm would've easily been a Heavyweight Champion. However because of the lack of time and options, Booker T. was the golden boy that got the push.. and Storm received what is arguably twice as big of a push, only through mid-card standards. (No one else, to my knowledge, held three titles at once)

So what are your opinions on Lance Storm during this period of time? Do you think he could've been a World Heavyweight Champion? Would you've wanted to see him as World Champion?

People say during his W.W.E. days he didn't have strong character, but in W.C.W. he had tremendous character with the Canadian rivalry against the United States. So I think he would've been arguably a very top ranked heel.

What are everyone else's opinions. Please explain in detail. Thank You.

What If: Lance Storm would've won the W.C.W. World Heavyweight Championship?

Well, it would have meant as much as it did for Booker T, Vince Russo, Scott Steiner & others. Which is nothing. While I agree that Storm was a highpoint in WCW at that time. The promotion was still a waste of time. If he'd won the title nobody would remember it by now. How many of Jeff Jarretts reigns do you really remember?

The more intresting perspective is what would have happened to him in WWE if he'd been a former world champion? Err, nothing. He was given a solid WWE push was it was when he first arrived. I guess WWE either didn't like him or rate him. Booker T had potential, so did Storm. That was almost it when it came to potential Alliance world champions, unless you scrape the barrel and say Sean O'Haire. I guess WWE didn't see enough potential in them at that time. It did, after all, take Booker years before he was really over as a heel.

Lance Storm was above most of the people in WCW during the dying years of the company. He was impressive and was a legitamate threat to Booker T. The Booker T match is still fresh in my mind, idt was deffinatly one of my favorite matches, despite me not watching since the date of. Lance Storm was very important to me. As a Canadian, he represented something we in Canada love. Cocky Canadians fighting against the Americans. That night if he had captured the WCW championship from Booker T, it would have reopened the main event up for the smaller champion. It would have been a lot higher quality of matches, than those with Scott. It wouldn't have helpede the comapny, who was bleeding black blood by this time, but it might have given Lance Storm and Booker T a better jump into the WWE. Lance Storm could have become the WWE Champion, if he would have (deservingly) been given the WCW Championship.

Here's the thing bishoff wanted storm to have the title but at this time turners standards and practices was controlling the show and the booker t championship was never meant to happen because it just didnt make sence to bishoff and others at wcw and oh yeah the scripts were origionaly written by wcw then they were sent to standards and practices where they rewrote them for them and sent them to bishoff an hour before the shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back