• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if Brock Lesnar was in ECW?

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Now I know what you're thinking, the two are completely different. Brock isn't an "extreme" guy, he isn't a "hardcore" wrestler but Brock is a Heyman guy and being a Heyman guy is all you need to make it into ECW. Steve Austin wasn't a hardcore wrestler but he was a Heyman guy and Heyman was gonna push him to the moon had he stayed in ECW.

The question I ask is, if Lesnar was in the original ECW, could he have gotten over with their crowd? Would he have the same success that he had in the WWE?

He would have gotten over just fine, given the right gimmick. That childish ECW crowd would hate him because he was a WWE-made superstar. But, if he was an ECW original, he'd be getting cheered.

He would've gone over HUGE!!

An unstoppable athletic force....Heyman would've pushed him to the moon!!

Rhyno got over and he had nowhere near the talent and athletic ability Lesnar possess!!
Yes I know it is a poor example,BUT it was the first name that popped in my head,but you get the point I was trying to make.

The greatest "what if" of the original ECW,to me...may he rest in peace,Bruiser Brody...just imagine the carnage he would've created!!

He wouldn't have had the same success because ECW (original) wasn't a huge success like WWF was on a global stage, how could anyone even compare the two?.

Would he have gotten over? most likely, hell people with no talent whatsoever got over with the ECW crowd, but would he have stayed? No. There was no money in being there.

Lesnar is ECW would have been a phenomenon. He would have been giving the wrecking machine gimmick and just gone on a huge rampage, destroying everyone he came up against.

Look at Rhino and Taz, they were both pushed so hard that the fans bought into them as unstoppable monsters. Rhino has nowhere near the level of talent that Brock Lesnar has, and while Taz was awesome in the ring, he lacked the size and strengh that Lesnar has. Brock Lesnar was extremely special when he debuted, and if he had first burst onto the scene in the original ECW, he would have been THE guy in that company.

Obviously WCW and WWE would have been sniffing around and he would have been signed by one of them, probably WWE, and Vince would have orgasmed at the sight of Lesnar's physique. I fully believe he would have ended up the WWE Champion at some stage, he was just too damm good not to be pushed right to the top.

Brock Lesnar had it all, and it's a shame that the wrestling business lost his talent after he left WWE. He would still be right at the top today had he stayed.

If Brock Lesnar was in ECW, I believe he would have been a multiple time ECW Champion. I think one factor that could have helped get him there is Kurt Angle. If Paul Heyman was able to get Kurt Angle to ECW, I think Brock would have been there as well, or at the very least, increase their chances in signing him. I don’t think it would have made ECW last longer than it did, but it would have been great to see nonetheless.

If Brock Lesnar was in WWECW, I believe he would have kept Kurt Angle in the WWE. WWECW would have become WWE’s 3rd Brand instead of a televised developmental Brand under the guise of the Talent Exchange / New SuperStar Initiative. Imagine Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Big Show, and Brock Lesnar in the debut of WWECW. Heyman might have even stayed longer and December To Dismember might have been something to remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back