• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if Aces & Eights was the Group Who Snatched Up Joe 2 Years Ago?

The HEEL JuiceLee

Pre-Show Stalwart
What if ace's & 8s was the group who snatched up Joe 2years ago?

I know it's not a big deal anymore but i just think it would be cool to fill in the holes up an unanswered storyline like that.

When the big reveal happens if Samoa Joe is with the ACES's & 8's he can
say that they put this plan in motion along time ago when Hogan was 1st coming to TNA & he cant believe how stupid this company is for never asking him who was behind it all.Since nobody bothered to care what happened to me it made my decesion easy to join up with the outlaws.
So i layed low & waited it out for the right time.Well this BFG series is it.You don't think i could really stay away from the main event.Im Samoa Joe.I could of been dominating this company,but for the group i flew under the radar & waited until all the pieces & personel were ready for the takeover.I showed them how to get in & out of this building no problem.Well now it's time.
TNA locker room.Joe gunna Kill you.

Or if he is not apart of the group he can do a backstage thing where he is talking to Hulk & Sting.He could say that when they kidnapped him ,That
the ACE's & 8's warned him something like this was going to happen,but so much time had went buy so he didn't take them seriously,My bad for not
giving the heads up.I was so mad that nobody asked about me or what happened,i was so mad at the company i didn't even care.

Obviously the people who get paid to write this stuff would make it better then the garbage style i wrote it in.I just think it would be alot better than how Raw discovered there computer GM was by santino playing
Sherlock Holmes for a night.

I don't know tell me what you guy's think.Tell me why you think it's stupid or it wont work.im ready for all the IWC complaining.

I do not feel that it is at all obvious that these "professionals" would write the scenario better than you just did.

That being said, such a thought as yours above has occurred to me. I like it. I feel there is not much chance that they will go that way, considering the way they have handled things in the past.

Ya know.... that's actually a great idea!

Would make sense to have Joe involved with Aces & 8's. And it would give Joe the Main Event push he so rightfully deserves. Not to mention it ties up a huge plot hole for TNA.

It crossed my mind as well, but then if they truly were Joe's kidnappers, how come Joe never said anything about it?

Unless he's actually with them. I do remember him spouting off about the kidnapping "changing" him.

Either way, the idea would only work if it happened months after Joe's kidnapping. I believe that was in 2010 and it's been 2 years. Pretty sure only the IWC has such a death grip on that occurence and even we kinda forgot about it already.

Good idea I just think it's just been too long.

Simply put, it's just not necessary to tie up that "loose end" any longer. It's too far gone, and too irrelevant a point to continue to harp on. TNA fucked up with that angle, and they managed to get out of it relatively unscathed. There's honestly no reason for them to have to close that loop IMO. It wouldn't necessarily hurt to, but it's not at all necessary.

If this Aces & Eights storyline had begun about 6 months or so after the aborted Samoa Joe "kidnapping" angle, then I think this would have been a very interesting idea. Loose ends really annoy me, so I think it would have been a good way to tie everything up, but unfortunately as IDR said, too long has passed now, and alot of TNA fans ho watch Impact weren't even fans of the product two years ago and would have no idea what Joe was talking about.

Shame, as it is a good idea.

I think the guys who kidnapped Joe are hanging out with the RAW "Anonymous GM" in the great limbo of unfinished wrestling storylines.

While TNA may lean on a group of "seasoned veterans," the show still has young fans who probably don't remember or weren't even watching two years ago. New viewers always have to jump in and catch on to current storylines, but that's something creative teams just have to deal with. If newbies feel like they're supposed to have to know backstory, it's even harder to get them to stick with it.

Since some of the WWE stuff right now seems to be stuck in holding patterns, I think the TNA should keep themselves as accessible to new viewers as possible. I know my own two kids, ages 9 and 11, have just started to ask if they can watch TNA. They've always been WWE kids. WWE is more kid-friendly, but I think they just want to see some new (to them) faces. Besides, the 11-year-old won't quite admit it, but I think he's just a bit in love with the TNA women's champion and can't tell most of the WWE's women apart from one another.

Anyway, the point I lost somewhere in the middle there is that it would just be confusing for newer fans to go back to the Joe getting kidnapped angle.

You're telling me they traded the ninja garb for a biker motif?

The guys that kidnapped Joe were intended to be Immortal and Joe was intended to play the role Abyss played on the whole 10/10/10 thing. But they opted with Abyss instead. Joe was the first to utter the whole THEY thing that led to 10/10/10. It would be really out of place at this point to reveal them now.

I really like the idea, but like others have said, I think it has just been too long. If they would have had aces and 8's happen even 6 months or a year after the kidnapping I would say this could work, but as of now I am sure most people have forgotten that Joe was even kidnapped.

it's a good idea, but i think it's got a low chance of happening since that happened years ago, BUT i could see Joe as a potential Aces and Eights leader. my first thought is still Jeff Jarrett, but if TNA goes surprise, then Joe and RVD would be fine leaders for the group and would add more top heels to go with Roode and if Bully stays in TNA, then i think he's also a potential leader for Aces and Eights, but your scenerio as good as it sounds, i just dont see TNA going that far back. if the kidnapping was more recent like 4 months ago, then i could see that.

I just think it would be alot better than how Raw discovered there computer GM was by santino playing
Sherlock Holmes for a night.
As for this now, i always thought and even said that i think WWE had Hornswoggle as the computer GM and had Santino discover it because they just wanted to blow off who the GM was. i think WWE never really had a huge idea on who the GM would be. i think they had ideas, but either scrapped them. there were many rumors including having it be Big Johnny. i dont think Aces and Eights will end like the computer and i think the kidnapping story is like the White Hummer story in WCW and like the Winter and Love storyline. all forgotten.

Okay I think this is a great idea BUT like many others have mentioned has its problems. Here's what I would do if we assume Joe turns heel and is behind Aces & Eights. I think it would be best if it was somewhat implied, but not explicitly stated. Joe could say he has known them "for some time, ever since they took me in" or some other line that would make the hardcore fans go "Aaaah". That way it can be open to interpretation while not alienating the "casuals".

I hate unresolved storylines lol so this would put my mind at ease somewhat

I reckon Joe is one of Aces & 8's along with Abyss and Crimson. Seeing as none of them three have been seen fighting A&8s when even Robbie E, Robbie T and Gunner have been seen out defending Impact Wrestling. Then the other three main ones might be Wes Brisco, Luke Gallows and Jarrett.

If it is them guys when they finally get unmasked, that has to be the most underwhelming stable since X-Factor. We know for sure that Wes Brisco is one of them and despite who his dad is, he struck me as another bland nobody in FCW.

is it just me or do you guys think that this group is being run by the repo man, he is reposesing the old run down wresters

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back