What happens with Orton post-TLC?

newteenforbb

Pre-Show Stalwart
Let us discuss some possible booking options, as they seem really wide open to me right now.

First, The Miz will obviously go over at TLC and keep the championship. With Sheamus and Morrison dueling it out to become the next contender (a spot that seems prime for Morrison and a Miz/Morrison feud), what could WWE do with Orton next?

The very next PPV is the Rumble, which I assume Orton will be a part of. But I doubt very much that he will win that. With all the other heels I could come up with involved or soon to be involved in feuds (Miz/Morrison, Sheamus/HHH, Barret (Nexus)/Cena), what in the world could they do with The Viper?

It's nice to have a wide open field of possible stories but it is also rather :confused: because I don't see anything solid on the horizon.

I just mentioned this in the CM Punk thread, but I see Orton and Punk beginning at either Rumble or E.Chamber. You could throw Jericho into the mix and make it a 3-way for Mania seeing as Jericho has a similar beef with RKO.

Randy, while he's still a cool character that's been booked well, has gotten mildly stale. He needs to be doing dastardly things that make him cool in that badass heel way. He should be a tweener and never smile, but instead he's a tweener that leans heavily face and smiles..it kills the gimmick of the anti-authorty. I would definitely not take the strap off Miz. So Orton can enter the Rumble, be on the verge of winning when Punk comes in (either as #30 or jumps up from the announce table) and takes Orton out. Basically all roads (IMO) lead to an Orton and CM Punk feud and match at WM27.

As I said in the CM Punk thread, I do believe CM Punk was referring to Randy tonight. He hasn't forgotten... Randy cost CM Punk his first ever Championship, without Punk even being in the match. They never feuded that out...

Punk apparently will be cleared to wrestle by January and I would love to see Randy vs CM Punk.

I`m seeing alot of spec that punk will feud with him, but lets not forget a couple wreslters who have beef of the injury variety. Jericho returns to feud with Orton while Bourne returns to feud with Punk.

Well at this time of the year WWE can keep over while not being in any major storylines.

He'll most likely be in the Royal Rumble barring any injury, and he'll be one of the final four contestants at the Royal Rumble alongside Cena, and this will foreshadow a feud later on. Orton will lose at the Rumble with Nexus eliminating Cena and ultimately distracting him and leading to his elimination. This keeps Orton busy after TLC and into the Rumble. Orton will qualify for the Rumble, basically RKO anyone in his path, making him look very strong and a favourite (ALA Undertaker in 2002).

After the Rumble, have Orton than qualify for the Elimination Chamber and be apart of the EC match alongside Cena, Miz, Barrett, Sheamus (I believe those 5 will be in there, with one spot open for guys like Morrison or even Daniel Bryan). Orton is eliminated in the Elimination Chamber by Cena or Barrett, but with Cena ultimately winning the title at Elimination Chamber.

After EC, Orton will than begin a feud over the world title against Cena at Wrestlemania. I say have someone on Smackdown win the Royal Rumble (Kane? I don't know who else should win that hasn't won before) because Smackdown, with their main event scene, needs someone with momentum to make the match seem meaningful. I want the winner of the rumble to be from Smackdown so I'll at least have some interest in the Smackdown main event at Wrestlemania. Than Orton-Cena will feud over the world title, a face vs. face feud, and the two biggest stars in the business today. This feud will be a lot more interesting than their past ones. Orton loses to Cena at Wrestlemania, and than the draft comes along and he can start new feuds than.

That's what I have in mind at least...it's easy to keep him busy now.

orton post tlc i believed should lead to a longer fued with miz. i think have this program last until elimination chamber. after that i would like to see him fued with an up and rising star. someone who has been in the mid card scene for a while and have them carry out their fued at least to mania. maybe cm punk but i would really like to see punk fueding with daniel bryan come mania. what i would like to see is have john morrison loose to sheamus causing sheamus to become the number one contender. that fued will now be over. so morrison is free. have him turn heel in the coming weeks and have him attack orton. morrison was always better as a heel anyway. this will lead to a morrison and orton fued. i think we can see some great matches out of these two. i believe a program with orton can really benefit morrison and help propel him to the main event picture thus a future wwe champion shot. it will be something good for everyone. great matches will come from orton and morrison. the fans will get to see some great stuff and it will help morrison's career.

Personally I think it has to be Jericho .. He's said something somewhere about being back around the Rumble time..

So have Orton fued with an upper mid-carder or several for a decent rumble spot just to give him something to do and to get that mid-carder more over (R-Truth springs to mind, a lot of people thought truth would turn heel and screw Orton, I can also see Truth blaming Orton for Cena's brief departure) .. Then at the Royal Rumble "BREAK THE WALLS DOWN" A Jericho fresh with Y2J gimmick costs Orton the Rumble *But does not win it*

I think its simple: A feud with CM Punk.

During Punk's promo after winning his Slammy for "Despicable Me", he talked about a person who had wronged him in the past. Someone he hadn't forgotten about, or forgiven. What better person then Randy Orton?

CM Punk's first title reign was rudely interrupted by the foot of Randy Orton's boot before the championship Scramble Match at Unforgiven 2008. Punk had no way of knowing at the time he would win a 2nd and 3rd title, which gives a man a reason to be quite bitter. Punk's reign ended before he could even defend the title, and the best he got for it was a blowoff lumberjack match with Orton that served as a vehicle for his program with William Regal. It didn't exactly settle the issue with Orton.

Fast forward two years, and both are on the same brand. And Orton just so happens to be challenging for the WWE Title in a table's match that one would imagine Punk will sitting feet away from. So instead of having Riley assist Miz in defeating Orton, I could see Punk sneaking in the back door and landing a GTS on Orton, allowing Miz to retain.

This would be the perfect vehicle for a dynamic feud between two of the best in the business, and a logical storyline built in. There's noone else that comes to mind that Punk could have been speaking of, and an interesting dynamic with Orton the face and Punk the heel.

Possibly a feud with Punk. Orton is obviously not gonna win the title back and either Sheamus or Morrison are next in line so he'll need a good story to keep him going and Punk played it pretty well on RAW. That's my guess.

Common sense would have him lose the match to Miz. The table concept allows for Miz to go over without Orton losing too much credibility. From there ist he Royal Rumble so thats a month of no real feud for Orton...then comes February leading to Wrestlemania. From the past and Punk's comments on Raw i really hope its him. Punk has reason to be mad at Orton and could return as a top heel on Raw once he's healed. I see Orton cutting a promo or in a match and Punk jumps from the announce booth and attacks him similiar to when he attacked Hardy. Would be a great top feud for Mania.

I think Randy Orton loses at TLC but then goes on to win the Royal Rumble.

I just don't see anything else they can do with him. They want to keep him in the spotlight so if he's not in the title picture, what other big heel can he feud with?

He's already feuded with Wade Barrett and Sheamus. Now he's feuding with the Miz. So, they'll stretch out that feud by having Miz retain through the Rumble (and likely losing at Elimination Chamber) and having Orton win the Rumble.

That's my prediction.

I believe that Orton will lose at TLC, as he is far more fun to watch chasing the title. It may just be me, but his pops seem so much bigger when he doesn't have the title. He will do one of two things in my view: somehow find a way into the WWE title match at the rumble with The Miz vs either Sheamus or Morrison, or enter into the rumble match. As much as I love Orton, I do not want him to win the rumble or anyone who has won it for that matter. Let someone else win it. I do see him winning in an elimination chamber match afterward. They will more than likely put him into a feud with Cena that will culminate at WM. Somehow Cena may find a way to get the title (probably at elimination chamber). Thats really all I can see Orton doing from this point on.

They will start the qualifying matches for the rumble after TLC. Orton will face random challengers just to give him something to do until the rumble match itself. If he loses the rumble, the same thing will happen leading up to Elimination Chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back