• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What ever happened/Do you think they'll answer?

TheGreenEagle

Dark Match Winner
What ever happened to the storyline with the Sign from the Million Dollar Give Away falling on Vince. They had that happen and then didn't even talk about it after that too much. They just used it as a way to stop the Give Away.
Do you think they'll ever go back to answering the question as to what happened? Was someone involved? I know the whole blowing the limo up angle got messed up when Benoit died but this one could still have been answered. We're not stupid Vince!

You already said the whole reason for the stage collapsing on Vince.

They just used it as a way to stop the Give Away.

Thats all they ever used it for, and all it was meant to be. Vince needed a way to get out of giving away $1 million every week after he realized how big of a failure it was. This was his way of having it come to an end and get him of tv for a while.

If I remember correctly, this actually led to a few awesome episodes of Raw. JBL ordered marshal law and total chaos broke out every week since their was no authority figure. But it also led to the introduction of Mike Adamle as GM of Raw.

Keep in mind Vince McMahon isnt Bill Gates, hes only made of so much money..giving out a million dollars every week aint exactly..well, cheap lol

They had to drop the idea completely so they faked the accident and that was that!

well they don't have to treat us like we're stupid. they could have just stopped. That storyline could have gone somewhere had they done something with it.

There were two reasons

-The Million Dollar Giveaway was a complete faliure and was a bathroom break for the tv audiences
-It made for the Storyline for the Uncontrolable Raw, which was the offical last few weeks of tha TV-14 Rating. After the announcement of the Adamlie as GM, the rating of the show changed. I guess it gave fans the last time of Raw(the most watched wrestling show on a weekly basis) its last few weeks of TV-14 ness.

Here's something I've I always wondered. Back when Vince's limo was blown up, who do you think was going to be the person responsible for it? They canceled that story line when the Benoit tragedy happened and we never found out was going to be the one who did it.

The accident angle, like most have said, was a one time thing, not designed to go any further. We are not stupid, but they didn't just drop it either, stop looking for things to argue over.

As for the limo explosion, did anyone really think Vince was going to die? If someone admitted to blowing it up, they would have to explain how Vince survived it. Vince saying it faked it was the only way to get out of it, unless someone else faked it, either way he could NEVER have played it off as real because hes still alive.

Two of the dumbest arguments, and the easiest to figure out!!!

i would have liked to see more form the accident angle maybe like a person behind it but then Vince had the whole orton storyline made to hype up mania and get the Triple H Orton match on the card

ive got a feeling that the stage accident will be brought up again very soon after wrestlemania.and it will be the billion dollar princess who will reveal that it was she who tried to bump off daddy.the mcmahons will all be in trips corner tomorrow night and stephanie will turn on her husband by joining legacy and proclaim over the next few weeks that legacy are 'taking over' the wwe and that will lead her to explain why she exploded the stage on vince last year

i dont want to see that again, we've already seen this angle HHH vs Steph and Steph and Shane vs Vince has been done before. A little to unbelievable that Steph the wife with 2 of HHH's children is going to turn against him. I think none of the Mcmahons turn and a heel Batista screws Triple H !!!!!!

ive got a feeling that the stage accident will be brought up again very soon after wrestlemania.and it will be the billion dollar princess who will reveal that it was she who tried to bump off daddy.the mcmahons will all be in trips corner tomorrow night and stephanie will turn on her husband by joining legacy and proclaim over the next few weeks that legacy are 'taking over' the wwe and that will lead her to explain why she exploded the stage on vince last year

Where as I have a feeling the "stage accident" WON'T be brought up again. Its very rare that they will bring up old storylines. They're not going to all of a sudden start talking about Hornswoggle being McMahon's son either or the DNA tests because it failed. They don't bring up old failures. They might occasionally allude to old feuds but rarely old stories. Sometimes its as if they didn't exist at all. Think of it like a comic book. Some comic heroes have died many times but in different story arcs. If a writer creates their own then its like that old story never happened.

i dont want to see that again, we've already seen this angle HHH vs Steph and Steph and Shane vs Vince has been done before. A little to unbelievable that Steph the wife with 2 of HHH's children is going to turn against him. I think none of the Mcmahons turn and a heel Batista screws Triple H !!!!!!

How exactly would Batista fit in to the Legacy storyline ?? He's not even a second generation superstar. They can't simply end the Orton / HHH storyline & feud with the massive buildup that's happened.

Like what was said before, the only way the stage incident would be brought back up would be to promote a Stephanie heel turn to Legacy. I just can't believe that will happen...because Stephanie does have children with HHH. It's different then when they first done a Steph v/s HHH angle. There wasn't kids involved. REAL KIDS that is.

I think it will be forgotten about, simply because bad things were associated with it. Mike Adamle and the botched Million Dollar Extravaganza story aren't Vince's best work. Why would he want viewers to be reminded of it? I say the safe bet at Wrestlemania is Orton wins the belt by some kind of swerve. It could be Stephanie, but I think it will be Vince. He could do the turn on HHH and his kids and use the "I HATE HHH" angle. He never was a fan of Stephanie being doped up and married to HHH in the first place. THAT would be an interesting twist on things. Vince plays the 'I never forget' angle on HHH and makes his life a living hell the next few weeks leading to the next PPV or the Great American Bash. That's just a thought though.

I wouldn't look for the stage incident being brought up extensively anymore.

well, i dont have any exlanation about who/why blew up the limo, just wanted to add, that it may have been the best out of ring incident. how did he survive?
it looked like a real explosion. we didnt see vince's leg move till the last second possible. how was it done? was there a manhole under the limo? explosion proof box? i doubt he'd actually put himself in serious danger, but i dont think it was cheap camera tricks either
any ideas?
i could have been a great story if the benoit stuff didnt happen

so, how? why? and who dun-it all great unanswered questions of a chance at a great storyline.
anyone got a idea how vince kept all his hair? how did he survive? i know its show-bizz and all, but it was pretty convincing when you compare it to other things we have seen in the past

Amen, ICY. I know they'll never bring it back up but I still wonder who was going to be responsible, they even said they had found DNA evidence.

The "acceident" happened not long after a TNA crew member was killed after some peice of the stage set fell on him( I think it was about a week later). This caused some bad feeling in the wrestling community in genrel so that's probaly why they don't refer back to it.

They should have made Orton the guy who rigged the stage it would have made the most sense considering what happened afterwards - would have been better than what they actually did do i.e. ignoring the whole thing.

Are we talking about same Vince McMahon who thinks the audience who pays HIS salary (ticket sales, merchandise, PPV buys, TV ratings to attract advertisers, DVDs, etc) are total idiots? No, you were supposed to forget about that incident like good little sheeple... lol :icon_wink:

How do we know they did forget about it. Who's to say that VKM won't come down next show and say he has something to get off of his chest. He tells the crew to roll the footage of that near fatefull night on RAW. VKM says that for months he grew more, and more spiteful so he finally let the cat out of the bag. Vince says he has to know, and he is willing to pay for it, and that means even paying the person to admit it. He would pay them 1 million dollars cash.

Now the whole point of this would be to make it hard to figure out who really did it. Afterall aren't you going to say you tried to kill the man for a million bucks especially if he is paying you for it. This could go on for a few weeks. Until finally somehow VKM figures out who it really was. I would have it be HHH, who was conspiring with Stephanie & Shane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back