Right now I'm looking at:
WWF: Wrestlemania X-Seven
WWE Starrcade: The Essential Collection
WWE: The History of the World Heavyweight Championship
WWE: The History of the WWE Championship
WWE: The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection
WWE: Greatest Stars of the 90s

Good choices?

WrestleMania X-Seven is an incredible PPV. Angle vs. Benoit, TLC 2, Undertaker vs Triple H and Rock vs. Austin are all fantastic matches. Watch it at all costs.

I own Greatest Stars of the 90s. It's OK. I enjoyed the documentary as I don't know much about wrestling in the 90s, but if you're a big fan of the period you probably won't be entertained by it save for a bit of nostalgia. Watching most of the matches is still on my to-do list, as I've only watched a few - so commenting on the match quality would be a bit silly.

The only other wrestling DVD I own is Chris Jericho's Breaking The Code. The documentary is interesting and there are a handful of great matches. It made me a massive Jericho fan. So look into that if you're a fan of his.

You won't find Wrestlemania 17 for cheap, bro. You might as well invest into some of the Anthology sets. You can buy Wrestlemania 16 through 20 from the Anthology series cheaper than Wrestlemania 17.

The Ric Flair DVD is great, though, both the Ultimate and Definitive Collections. I'd recommend the both of them.

I don't dig the rest of your list, personally. Brian Pillman and Roddy Piper's DVDs are the ones I'd recommend if you're looking for good biography sets. Outside of that though, just look at the matches featured on DVDs and you should be able to tell for yourself if it's something you'd like.

I've always had an obsession with collecting "media." I have a library second to none, a CD collection that is overtaking my living room and, of course, DVD's. My collection of wrestling DVD's is 83 discs strong. I agree JMT225 that you should invest in the WM anthology. Same with the Royal Rumble set.

I am partial to the Ric Flair DVD's, but I would also invest in "The Monday Night War," Legends Roundtable set, and "Pick Your Poison, The Jake the Snake Roberts Story."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back