• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What does Edge have to do to get a DVD?

Rated K for Kennedy... Kennedy!

Talk loud, hit harder!
Does anyone else find it CRIMINAL that in 9 years with WWE Edge has never had a life story style DVD, in that time John Cena (who has been with the company for 3 or 4 years has had two as has Rey Mysterio.

Does anyone this anger anyone else?

Are there any other WWE stars who have been overlooked for a best of (Kane maybe)

What are you're thougths?

I think it is purely because he is a heel. Heels are not normally merchandised in any other way than the norm (t-shirts, stationary, etc.) Look at Triple H he hasn't got a DVD out other than the DX stuff because most of the time he has been a heel. Also maybe another reason is beacuse a lot of his earlier stuff contains Christian who is in TNA.

Does anyone else find it CRIMINAL that in 9 years with WWE Edge has never had a life story style DVD, in that time John Cena (who has been with the company for 3 or 4 years has had two as has Rey Mysterio.

Well, unofficially if you look at it. Shawn Michaels was in the W.W.E. from 1988/9-present.. & he didn't get his first 2-disc, DVD until 2003.

Furthermore, Rey Mysterio has been in wrestling far longer than just his W.W.E. stint. So you need to factor in, a "best of - career" DVD would focus on the ENTIRE career.

Are there any other WWE stars who have been overlooked for a best of (Kane maybe)

I honestly hope you're kidding. And if you aren't, then shit man, why not just go ahead & mass produce a Great Khali "best of" DVD.. I'd long to see a 9 hour DVD of Khali chopping the crap outta Batista & Kane. Whatever you do though, be sure to send in your e-mail, allowing W.W.E. to know you absolutely DO NOT want them to leave out ANY of Khali's promos, cause when "I" think of great promos.. I think Khali.

And in all honesty, to give you some credit.. a Kane DVD wouldn't be completely bad.. but you must be kidding if you'd rather see a Kane DVD, than a best of "The Cruiserweight Division" (which to W.W.E.'s credit is also known as the new Rey Mysterio DVD) or even the best of "Tag Teams." (which would allow some newer fans to see what they missed out on so many years ago)

Now Finally, yes, I'm upset that Edge hasn't received any notable DVDs in his name, or favor. But I'm sure one will be coming. Honestly though, I'm one of the biggest "Edge marks" you could possibly find.. yet even through MY eyes, he truly hasn't accomplished a ton of things that can be featured on a DVD of his own, that you can't find on practically any OTHER DVD thats already been released.

He had a run with the Brood, that I'm sure he'd like to forget more than anything. He was dominate in the Tag Team division for most of his career, & from 2001 on, he's been on his own in the single's divison winning several Intercontinental Championships along the way.. but in all honesty, his career didn't start to explode until the end of 2004, when he turned heel.. & hasn't looked back since.

Simple - because it won't sell.
The WWE make DVD's that are going to be sold!John Cena sells,so does Rey Mysterio_On the other hand - Edge does not.
For one - he's a heel and he is supposed to be hated by the fans.Second - even though you probably are an Edge fan,do you really think fans will buy an Edge DVD?
And also - what are they going to put in the DVD that will be interesting to watch?I think only the JC vs. Edge feud,what else?
Although,I find this uninteresting,you might find it interesting.But I know most fans don't find it worth money...

I think it is purely because he is a heel. Heels are not normally merchandised in any other way than the norm (t-shirts, stationary, etc.) Look at Triple H he hasn't got a DVD out other than the DX stuff because most of the time he has been a heel. Also maybe another reason is beacuse a lot of his earlier stuff contains Christian who is in TNA.

This thread is turning more into "What do SUPERSTARS have to do to get a DVD" but on the Edge side of things I'd have to agree with you its because he is a heel and heel stuff just doesnt sell, I'd buy the Edge "Best Of" DVD but I dont think 2 - 11 year old Cena fans would and there the biggest Influence: The Kiddies

Unfourtunantly I dont think a Triple H or kane DVD will be made until they retier, thats sad really because they both have well established carrears and I would really like to see them.

Triple H has a couple of DVDs out, they both came out awhile ago but still..., One is a feature with hardly any matches in the extras, that is Triple H: The Game, then I think a year later they released another on that was just matches called That Damn Good, it only has 6 matches though

As for Edge, I think the reason he hasn't gotten a DVD is because as said before he's a heel, heels useally don't bring in as much money as faces and legends, but I could see an Edge DVD coming out here in the next couple of years, which I hope they do, Edge is deserving of his own DVD and I think it would sell pretty well, I think a Jericho DVD should also come out, especially now that he has returned, I think now would be a prime time to capitalize on it with his return and all, it would allow younger fans that have never seen Jericho before to become more familier with him, they did a similer thing with HBK when he made his return

well, even though it's not "official", edge is all over the best of the ladder match dvd. and think about it, a lot of edge's great matches have been ladder matches, so any best of edge dvd would already include a lot of those matches. plus he had a book in 2004 about his life, so his entire background has been covered. i'd buy an edge dvd also, but it's not like he hasn't been covered at all

Soon enough Edge will have one but we will have to wait a while.

One reason as to why he hasn't had one is because most of his truly classic and great matches are gimmicks. The Ladder Match DVD just recently came out so most of his Ladder matches are on there.

Another reason why is because he just rose to main event status in early 2006. He had a year-long feud with Cena and then started a short feud with DX in which they had one great match and the others decent. In 2007, he had a somewhat lengthy feud with Batista until he was hurt for the majority of this year.

So what do we have to put on the DVD? A years worth of John Cena/Edge matches, a match with DX, and a couple matches with Batista. He needs more time to develop more feuds and have more matches to add to a DVD.

The only other matches to add would be his matches with Angle and his tag team matches with Mysterio, Angle/ Benoit, Los Geurreros which truly define what tag team wrestling is. But good luck getting Benoit on a DVD anytime soon or ever and I doubt we will be seeing much of Angle in WWE.

If you take a look at it, the WWE is barely releasing any DVD sets on modern superstars (except Cena & Rey Rey). If you look at majority of the DVD sets being released, they are mostly on WWE legends with a good history or story that will sell. There is an exception for John Cena because he is the top superstar of the WWE. What about Rey Mysterio? He had an amazing career in ECW, WCW and the WWE with a lot of amazing matches. What about Edge? His greatest matches were highlighted in The Ladder Match DVD set already. Other than his ladder matches and TLC matches featured in a DVD set already, majority of his career was already highlighted. He would need to accomplish a little more of a man that only made a name for himself in the WWE.

How would it look to the casual fan/s for Edge to promote his DVD set trying to convince the audience to buy his DVD set and the entire crowd boos as if no one gives a shit to purchase it when that's not the message the WWE wants to send out if they want to get good buys for their DVD set. It's common sense.

i think the following people have been looked over in dvd's not that i would by any of some but i agree that they should have them.

edge- come on all those lader and tlc matches with hardyz and the rated r era and the brood and the wrestlemania winning streak i mean there are alot of good matches to make the dvd work.

kane- (preety much same reason i just cant name any right now)
um who else .....................
thinking......
thinking lol.........
um CHRIS JERICHO CORRECT ME IF THERE IS ONE BUT I DO NOT SEE ANY ! I MEAN UNDISPUTED CHAMP ETC...

Edge is on that many other DVD's theres not much need. Almost any WWE feature DVD that comes out has a slice of Edge. When they do release a DVD of his it will be one of the best. It's not like a HHH DVD that will highlight his fluctuating weight issues, average matches (other than gimmick ones). Edge has talent in every aspect of wrestling.

I feel that Edge is too injury prone. I can't see him wrestling for a long time. I feel that there will only be another 5 years or so of Edge before he's forced to retire. I can wait till then for an ultimate DVD release.

He will get one possibly 2008 or early 2009 because hes a big main event player now come to think of it tho you dont see a Batista DVD or many Undertaker DVD i dont even think theres an Orton one either.

Must be because they dont have confidence that he would sell becasue of his heel status as most people have said.

think his best bet is either retire launch a rap career, or move to TNA. wwe only tend to release legends or else superstars that are way over with the kids (rey and Cena). dont see many parents who dont know a lot about wrestling buyin the rated r superstar for their little darlings. so the main reason he doesnt have one... $/£/€ (depending on ur currency). not big enough main event player yet or over with the kids. Jeff hardy'll have one before edge is my guess

think of any on the rosters at the min kane and jericho are the only 2 close to deserving one. somehow im not seeing the only other wrestler in recent years to deserve one getting a DVD made of his matches - benoit.

I actually think waiting will be to Edge's benefit. There are two things that certain WWE stars are doing too soon right now - writing books and releasing DVD's. What you get is watered down material and a lack of stellar extras. Edge would make a fair DVD right now, but not what is could be in 5 years.

Why Edge and Matista wrote books already I am not sure of. Do they have enough great experience to write about? If not, then why have a DVD?

The ball was dropped years ago with the release of the "Break The Walls Down" Chris Jericho video. It was all WWE material and it was marginal at best. Edge needs to keep doing what he is doing and be prepared for a great video in 2013.

edge is great... he keeps me guessing... the stuff he is doing with vicki right now... that is awesome... i love it.. i would deff buy the DVD

screw Edge, what does MATT HARDY have to do to get a DVD?? The guy was an internet sensation back in 05 when he was unfairly released from his contract due to his airing of public issues on his website. The night he showed up on Raw to attack Edge, Raw ratings went THROUGH THE FN ROOF!!! The next Raw it happened, same thing. He came back to the WWE with a lot of momentum just to get buried in Smackdown after capping off his feud with Edge. I say screw an Edge DVD, lets see a freakin Matt Hardy career retrospective DVD. I do love Edge though, don't get me wrong but Matt Hardy is sooooooo overdue a DVD of some sort.

screw Edge, what does MATT HARDY have to do to get a DVD?? The guy was an internet sensation back in 05 when he was unfairly released from his contract due to his airing of public issues on his website. The night he showed up on Raw to attack Edge, Raw ratings went THROUGH THE FN ROOF!!! The next Raw it happened, same thing. He came back to the WWE with a lot of momentum just to get buried in Smackdown after capping off his feud with Edge. I say screw an Edge DVD, lets see a freakin Matt Hardy career retrospective DVD. I do love Edge though, don't get me wrong but Matt Hardy is sooooooo overdue a DVD of some sort.

Matt Hardy was buried because he couldn't hang with Edge in that feud. Matt Hardy had everything in the world going for him at that point. He had the crowd support and he had momentum. He got put into a big feud and he folded like a lawn chair. Clearly the right star was created from that feud, because Edge has been mega over ever since, while Hardy is slowly climbing out of the self induced hole he was buried in.

But never fear my friends, if there is truth to this rumor, we will all be happy.
A Hardy Boy DVD set to be released in May, so that will settle down that one.

And yes, an Edge DVD set for release in November of this year. This should be pretty damn interesting. The guy has plenty of matches, and plenty of promos. We're not just talking about the great stuff he has done as the Rated R Superstar, but we are going to be treated to Five Second Poses for the Benefit of those with Flash Photography. This is fucking awesome in my opinion. As i stated in another thread, I simply hope to god that this doesn't lead to an Edge face turn to promote the DVD. He works so much better as a heel.

It annoys me on how the WWE bring out several DVD's of the same superstar while they are still wrestling. Good examples of this are Rey Mysterio and John Cena. They both have several DVD releases and are still full time wrestlers. This is purely for money purposes though and as for such superstars as Edge the DVD would not sell as well as others is because of him being heel at the moment. Younger kids would not be interested in buying a DVD of someone who beats their favourite face wrestlers. However Edge has done plenty to have a DVD of his own yet in my opinion i think DVD's of wrestlers should only be released once they retire to have a full look over their career, yet money purposes get the better and that’s why we see so many different DVD's on one person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back