• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you think of this concept ?

I'm not sure I agree with his reasoning behind it in the first place. Heel heat can still be gotten without having to resort to real life.

It can be, but at the end of the day, not everyone is reading the internet and not everyone particularly cares about what these people do in real life. I don't care what Mark Hammill and Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher do in real life. I still love Star Wars though. What they do on the camera is what matters to me, and I think a lot of fans are the same way. A lot of the fans aren't thinking about and talking about wrestling 7 days a week. They watch Raw for two hours on Monday and Smackdown for two hours on Friday. Other than that, they don't think about it that much, at least not like we do.

I can understand what he is saying and how it can work, but I doubt it has to resort to that sort of magnitude yet. Wrestling isn't on dialysis, so outside sources to keep it alive isn't necessary. Personally, I cheer the faces and boo the heels. However, in terms of respect, it varies with different people. I will boo a heel Jericho or Punk any day, but I will laugh/agree/etc with some of the tactics they do to gain such heat or just simply by playing their characters. Some people get confused and cheer for the heels because of their work instead of booing... although there are a couple of idiots and/or #1 fans of wrestlers that do it intentionally.

Concept: Doable and would provide assistance, but not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back