What do you think makes someone worthy of being World Champion? Redone

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
What do you think merits someone becoming world champion?

Christopher Daniels said something very interesting on a recent ROH on HD Net he said the TV title was better because of the way Eddy Edwards defended the belt. The man made the title, the title did not make the man. And I like that.

I mean there's really two schools of thought when it comes to this type of thing.
You can have guys who are hot at the moment and in the fans eyes are the #1 guys and give them the belt and they should keep the belt until someone eles comes along and is better than them or...you can put the belt on someone and have the belt give them a little rub and hopefully enhance their character. I go more for the first example.

When a guy like Bruno Sammartino or Bob Backland or Hulk Hogan holds the belt for over 2 years or so that makes the belt look great. Guys like Sheamus and Swagger were given the belt and the belt was supposed to give them the rub this can work sometimes but again I think the first scenario is better.

I've been thinking lately that I really want John Morrison to be champion. But I change my mind now. If the WWE had their #1 guy in Cena be champion on Raw for over 2 years and have their #2 guy Randy Orton be champion for over 2 years until someone really worthy of that spot came along I personally really couldn't agrue with that. I think that's the way it should be. Be at the top of your game or you're not getting the belt. I guess my reasoning was Sheamus and Swagger had the big belts so guys like Morrison, Ziggler and McIntrye should too. Screw it keep it on the best of the best it will make the everyone work harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back