• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What could have been of Kaval?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Kaval better known as Low Ki around the world in wrestling. But while in the WWE he was known as the Kaval character. Kaval won NXT season 2 with Lay-Cool as his "pro's" on the show while it ran on the SyFy network. Kaval made it to the WWE main roster where we would lose most of his matches. The WWE tried to pair Kaval up with MVP as a tag team on Smackdown. But not much after that Low Ki aka Kaval was released by the WWE. In a interview with a wrestling reporter Low Ki stated after his released from the WWE. "Me wrestling in the WWE wasn't my dream anyways". Tears of a clown?

But what could have been of Kaval? He came up from the same road as Daniel Bryan. Wrestling in the indies as well as Ring of Honor (ROH) as a big name in the promotion. But why couldn't the WWE do for Kaval that they are now doing with Daniel Bryan? The whole underdog character with the "not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog" mentality! Kaval did have a following going in to WWE's NXT from his days wrestling in ROH. If Kaval was never released from the WWE and the E giving Kaval his due run with the company like how they did for guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Cesero.

What could have been of Kaval?

Honestly I think he was going to be Kofi mk 2. You look at his move set, his ability and you think; he's good but not world champ material.

I think what he said factored in. If the dream isn't to work for the e, your motivation in the e will lack and it'll show. It'll show big time.

I think he'd of been a highlight reel and nothing more. Simple.

If I remember correctly, He asked for his release and stated that WWE wasn't what he thought it was going to be. I'm pretty sure that's what happened, unless i read a false report, or something new came out. Either way I'm not totally sure what could have been. To me he seemed very talented, but i think he would have been an upper midcard guy, that if need be, could be used in a main event situation. I think he might have won one world title, but only if it was because of a certain situation and he needed to have the belt for a short time due to an injury to someone else, or in order for the belt to get from one guy to some one else without them meeting. I don't think it would have been a title run that WWE seriously devoted a lot into. I guess a transitional champ is what im trying to say. I'm sure he would've racked up the IC title, and tag title wins.

Isn't that the guy who was in the rap battle on NXT or Raw and mentioned "Total Nonstop Action" . If so I agree with Sheamus' Suntan(Awesome name btw) he was another Kofi. Would of been a tag team with Sin Cara probably

He was never going to amount to much. He was fun to watch, and his ridiculously deep voice was entertaining. But could he ever gotten over to a point where it actually mattered, where he was actually relevant? Unlikely.

He may have gotten a midcard title win or two. Eventually he'd be in a thrown-together tag team with Evan Bourne or something. He'd be released sooner or later.

Plus, there were reports going around that he was actually kind of a jerk.

I was a fan of the Kaval character & would have at least liked to see him have a solid IC title reign or something like that before he left. But Kaval in the WWE was a upper mid-carder/transitional World Heavyweight Champion at the very best, while Low Ki is a top tier talent on the indies & Ki knew that. Also if that quote of his is true & from what several other are alluding to it seems Ki didn't care much for the corporate world of the WWE & either asked for his release or encouraged his relase through his actions, all of which would indicate that Kaval was doomed to fail from the beginning & Low Ki is happier w/o the WWE.

Kaval would have been a mainstay in the midcard had he stuck around. He ended up getting an Intercontinental Championship shot. Had he received another title push, he'd have been a good choice for Intercontinental or US Champion to really get the crowd excited at the opening match of a show. I doubt he would have made it too much further up the card though. He wasn't as good on the mic and didn't seem as motivated during his Smackdown run to achieve more than guys like Punk, Bryan, or Cesaro have. At the very least he would have held one of the two midcard titles once if he had stayed.

I think he was a good wrestler to the ic title on and I am talking about mid card purgortory I am talking about acatal respect. However wwe screwed that up big time. There is no way i would put a world title on him. He was a good mid card wrestler.

I loved Low Ki's work in ROH and was injoyed watching him compete in TNA as part of the X division, But when he went to the WWE, I found that Low ki or Kaval as he was known as by that point, was just not suited to the style of Wrestling WWE was pushing at that point and was restricted to what he could do in the ring. Low Ki has always been lacking when it came to Mic skills as well so really struggled to get over with the fans. In the end WWE were more then likely right to let Kaval go and return to the indys where his style of Wrestling is more suited and already had a solid fan base.

Mid-card. The guy in my opinion had mid carder written all over him. There was nothing about him that got me to say hey hold on Kavals about to have a match, he looked bland, any promo time he had seemed boring and his moves made me think, this is what we see in guys like Tyson Kidd and Kofi so why's he different?

Kaval could have been a united states champion or maybe a intercontinental and tag team champion at best just because he wasn't that exciting or compelling to watch.

I have no problem with size however, I happen to think that Sami Zayn is one of the best guys in WWE's future and I actually want to watch him and he is just about the same size as Kaval so it's not that him being small made him any less entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back