• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What company resets do you want to see happen after Wrestlemania?

Wald

Mid-Card Championship Winner
The night after Wrestlemania is often hyped, sometimes overhyped in my opinion, as the night WWE resets its calendar and starts from scratch creatively. Sure Wrestlemania feuds often carry on until the next PPV but you do often gets things like big debuts (Paige, Goldberg, Umaga, Brock, Mankind etc.), re-debuts (X-Pac, Brock) and storyline evolutions (Triple H's DX formation, Rock v Cena announcement, Austin v McMahon official kick off). So what big changes would you like to see happen the night after Wrestlemania this year?

Limit it to three and try to be realistic. For me, it would be:

1. Roman Reigns heel turn but not to join the Authority when Dean Ambrose wins the world title off Triple H.

With the reaction Roman is getting in comparison to Dean Ambrose than I think there's a perfectly logical story to tell that would get Roman over as the company's top heel. To achieve it, don't have Triple H v Roman go on last at Mania so you can have Triple H go over in some screwy fashion. Potentially, you could bring Ambrose down during the match to try help Roman out, Triple H nails him with a sledgehammer, Roman checks on Ambrose instead of going for a pinfall and it costs Roman the match and title. That leads to Raw the next night where Triple H defends his title against Ambrose in a culmination of their current on TV feud with Ambrose going over clean and winning the belt. Out comes Roman to celebrate but instead he just attacks Ambrose and beats him bloody, finally snapping at the fans, the Authority and his friends.

That allows you to reset Roman as a brooding monster heel.

2. Debut The Balor Club as heels to oppose AJ Styles

Finn Balor has done just about all he can in NXT and is ready for a midcard slot on the main roster, personally though I think the guy works a bit better as a heel. So, what better way to introduce him, Gallows and Anderson than to have them attack ex-Bullet Club member AJ Styles? Have the announcers even mention their history together in Japan and just let them go at it for the next few months. Gives WWE a big time high midcard feud, should get all four guys over more with the WWE audience and would give us some quality PPV draws and matches. Even set up some tag matches between them and Y2AJ.

3. Debut Bayley to oppose a heel Sascha Banks as champion

Another person who has done all they can in NXT is Bayley. I anticipate her losing to Asuka at the next Takeover to allow her to move up to the main roster so lets get a re-run of last year's feud with Sascha. You can re-run the entire thing too but having Sascha claim Bayley needs to get through the entire women's roster before earning a shot, allowing them to have a slow burn feud heading towards an eventual showdown at Summerslam.

Limit it to three and try to be realistic. For me, it would be:
To be honest, I loved your all proposed changes. Lets dissect them. :blush:
comrade_mario said:
1. Roman Reigns heel turn but not to join the Authority when Dean Ambrose wins the world title off Triple H.

With the reaction Roman is getting in comparison to Dean Ambrose than I think there's a perfectly logical story to tell that would get Roman over as the company's top heel. To achieve it, don't have Triple H v Roman go on last at Mania so you can have Triple H go over in some screwy fashion. Potentially, you could bring Ambrose down during the match to try help Roman out, Triple H nails him with a sledgehammer, Roman checks on Ambrose instead of going for a pinfall and it costs Roman the match and title. That leads to Raw the next night where Triple H defends his title against Ambrose in a culmination of their current on TV feud with Ambrose going over clean and winning the belt. Out comes Roman to celebrate but instead he just attacks Ambrose and beats him bloody, finally snapping at the fans, the Authority and his friends.

That allows you to reset Roman as a brooding monster heel.
Right. Nicely done, buddy. The only thing that can save Reigns is a heel turn into a silent badass. Reigns would need help if League of Nations intereferes for Triple H. But Ambrose will most probably be destroyed by Brock and therefore wouldn't afford to come out after the beating. And Triple H will not defend his title on his own wish so it would be possible only if Shane wins at Wrestlemania and makes Triple H to defend at Raw. Maybe I am just nitpicking. I liked this idea as it could solidify Reigns somewhere.
comrade_mario said:
2. Debut The Balor Club as heels to oppose AJ Styles

Finn Balor has done just about all he can in NXT and is ready for a midcard slot on the main roster, personally though I think the guy works a bit better as a heel. So, what better way to introduce him, Gallows and Anderson than to have them attack ex-Bullet Club member AJ Styles? Have the announcers even mention their history together in Japan and just let them go at it for the next few months. Gives WWE a big time high midcard feud, should get all four guys over more with the WWE audience and would give us some quality PPV draws and matches. Even set up some tag matches between them and Y2AJ.
Totally awesome build. Balor loses the title to Joe at TakeOver and then debuts targeting AJ Styles.
comrade_mario said:
3. Debut Bayley to oppose a heel Sasha Banks as champion

Another person who has done all they can in NXT is Bayley. I anticipate her losing to Asuka at the next Takeover to allow her to move up to the main roster so lets get a re-run of last year's feud with Sasha. You can re-run the entire thing too but having Sasha claim Bayley needs to get through the entire women's roster before earning a shot, allowing them to have a slow burn feud heading towards an eventual showdown at Summerslam.
Nice Idea. Sasha can have a long run as a champ till Summerslam where she loses it to Bayley. Bayley can trade wins over Paige, Charlotte and Becky on ppvs and Sasha can defend it against one of the three mentioned. Therefore, It gives us 2 women matches per ppv which is good as all these five women are good enough.

:devil:

The announcers on nxt have mentioned bullet club and history, but not with AJ I don't think, and ya, if you want any chance of getting Finn heat, AJ is one of the few targets you could get him booed on, so it works out and it's the feud we'd all want to see, could last until SS.

I'm really hoping the 4 horsewomen go rampant on each other over the next year, see Sasha, Becky Charlotte and Bayley all in different singles matches fighting over their NXT days would keep interesting for quite a while, culminating in another 4 Horsewomen fatal 4 way around Rumble time.

Roman Reigns turning heel is something I think nearly everyone wants to see, but it ain't happening because of Vince wanting to keep pushing him until he bankrupts the WWE over it. I've seen 1000 ways to book it, most of them beat the Superman Punch and Spear out of nowhere booking we've been handed.

The Major story I want to see, is Shane winning and forming his own Committee to run RAW the next night, where we get a FACE Authority to basically oppose the heel authority we have now, Unfortunately, most of the guys I'd like to see in this position are injured now, but I'd love for him to announce Seth Rollins as his interim GM until he gets better, which follows up a big face turn and some face time for Seth while he's recovering. This will setup Triple H vs Seth in the future for control of RAW to return to the authority sometime within the year.

I like the 3 changes that were proposed here.

One change I would make to the changes is in the Bullet Club storyline. Instead of having Finn Balor, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows vs. Y2AJ, I’d set it up a little differently. First I’d start with Y2AJ winning the WWE World Tag Team Championship Titles from the New Day. Then I’d have Y2AJ defend the WWE World Tag Team Championship Titles against Anderson and Gallows. During the match Balor appears and Styles turns on Jericho to lose the WWE World Tag Team Championship Titles to the Bullet Clubs’ Tag Team. Finn Balor then goes for the United States Championship Title and AJ Styles goes for the Intercontinental Championship Title. They both have plenty of time to go for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title in the future. For now, they just have to dominate. Finally, they announce they have a new member who will go for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title and if he wins, he’ll become the new leader of the Bullet Club. That SuperStar is…John Cena!! I know what you’re thinking, but even though Kevin Nash (AJ Styles) and Scott Hall (Finn Balor) were the NOW (Bullet Club), they still needed Hulk Hogan (John Cena) to get them off the ground and into the main spotlight.

Another reset I’d like to see involves Shane McMahon winning control of the WWE. Onscreen, I’d have Shane takeover Raw, Stephanie controls SmackDown and Triple H runs NXT. Behind the scenes, well, I don’t really care what goes on behind the scenes. Then I’d have the return of the Brand Extension, dividing the current WWE roster in two, and the annual WWE Draft, not draft lottery, not a “win a match and you win a pick” draft, but an actual draft like the one from 2002, picking “rookies” from NXT.

Last reset I want to see is Vince McMahon announcing his retirement, induction into the 2017 WWE Hall Of Fame, and intentions to run as the Republican Vice President candidate and running mate of WWE Hall Of Famer, Donald Trump.

1 - Vince McMahon announces he's officially stepping down to let Stephanie McMahon / Triple H take over 98% of the company. McMahon no longer has any say with creative. Only helps with political side of things, but stays out of the limelight completely.

2 - Stephanie McMahon pulls a powerplay-like maneuver like her father did, she buys out TNA and recruits all of TNA's talent / library into WWE.

3- All the programming is reworked from RAW, Smackdown, NXT and PPV's; that includes, show times, length, commentating, budget and added/deleted shows and PPV's.

I haven't really watched their TV since October and I just checked in for the Rumble and Fastlane to see what was going to derail so I'm a little behind on certain details. But nothing seemed to change that much in 3 to 4 months that was really glaring to me so my changes are more general. And I only have two worth explaining.

1 - Debut a new Divas Championship belt that actually looks like a credible championship as Charlotte formally adopts the "Flair" name from now on and forms an all-female version of the Four Horsemen but with a modern feel that the fans can relate to. Charlotte as the leader, Tamina as the heavy, Natalia as the technical one. Sasha Banks teased as the fourth member and being put on the spot by both the Horsewomen and the babyfaces to choose a side, the babyfaces in this case being Becky, Paige, and Naomi (she's too endearing to be a heel). Sasha fakes going with the Horsewomen and attacks them instead, Paige turns and helps them beat her down thus revealing herself to be the fourth member. Ric plays the role of JJ Dillon to help do the talking to smash them over, Charlotte gets to work on her mic skills in the process by trading banter back and forth with her dad. Bayley is brought up to the main roster to even the odds in their feud at some point. You can do old-fashioned wrestling angles like this with the ladies because it's new to the common fans. They've seen it to death with the guys, it's fresh material for the gals.

2 - Roman turns heel. It actually would work better if Seth Rollins hadn't gotten hurt when he did. I had the idea originally that the Authority was going to turn on him and actually have the art of the wrestling performance imitate real life since nearly everyone knows Vince and Triple H have been grooming Roman for the top spot. We all know it to be true so just do that on camera. It would have been akin to how the fans reacted towards Vince after the Montreal Screwjob. Maybe not as momentum shifting but it would have been memorable. The Authority screws over Seth, the belt gets put on Roman and he's suddenly the top heel in the company with heat that blurs the lines between being a shoot and being kayfabe. Then down the line Roman will be primed for a babyface turn against the Authority that people would have appreciated.

Roman Reigns Heel Turn - He isn't over, and he seems much more comfortable as a heel. This should have happened a long time ago.

A bunch of returns and NXT call-ups - Cesaro, Cena, Barrett, Orton, Rollins, Sting, Kidd, Aries, Balor, Joe, Bayley, etc. It's RIDICULOUS how talented the roster is.

Dean Ambrose is established as the #1 face and Kevin Owens is established as the #1 heel.

I have a lot more ideas, but these are my biggest and most realistic changes.

i would like to see a paradigm shift. Create a reign of terror with the wyatt family its my big wish but far from possible.

i would love to see a big war of stables, just like the good ol days. New Day, LoN, The Authority, SOC, Balor Club, Wyatts...hell even reunite Shield if needed. And have all the titles being on the line in this "war" of stables.

Roman Reigns Heel Turn - He isn't over, and he seems much more comfortable as a heel. This should have happened a long time ago.

A bunch of returns and NXT call-ups - Cesaro, Cena, Barrett, Orton, Rollins, Sting, Kidd, Aries, Balor, Joe, Bayley, etc. It's RIDICULOUS how talented the roster is.

Dean Ambrose is established as the #1 face and Kevin Owens is established as the #1 heel.

I have a lot more ideas, but these are my biggest and most realistic changes.

Knowing WWE, they'll probably start trying to turn anyone who becomes more popular than Reigns.

We'll probably have Reigns vs. Ryback for the next 3 months - Extreme Rules, Payback, MITB.

We'll probably get an Ambrose heel turn before anything. That may headline Summerslam if WWE doesn't decide to give Cena another title match at Summerslam like they do mostly all the time.

1. Debut of a new stable. Let small leaks come out about how something BIG is coming to RAW tonight. Everyone would assume it's Bullet Club finally debuting on WWE TV. Buzz would he huge. Could even tease it and have Balor debut on the main roster mid-show thinking this was the reveal but NOTHING. Shane will have defeated the Taker somehow (with the help of John Cena?) and now controls RAW. He would book the main event that night to be defending Champ HHH vs. Ambrose in a no holds barred falls count anywhere street fight for the WWE championship. Place would be popping. Ambrose would come out first. Then BOOM. Legacy music hits. HHH walks confidently to the ring with Flair by his side as Shane-O mac is at ringside to watch his guy beat Trips. Roman would be booked as being re-injured and not there. Match goes off and Ambrose is looking like he's gonna win which causes a Flair run in which would be countered by Shane. Scuffle ensues. Then a returning Orton hits the ring and starts sizing up Dean for the RKO. Boom Roman comes flying out from the crowd for the big save. He hits the ring looking fierce but suddenly flashes a huge grin to Orton and they systematically break down Ambrose and leave him bloody. Que the following week which would be Roman's "If you can't beat em join em" career defining heel promo.

2. As I mentioned I'd like to see Balor hit the main roster. Although I wouldn't want just a random match for his debut. Maybe feed him a clean win over Owens? I know that will ruffle some feathers but what other credible heel option is there? I don't buy the BS that he will be a heel on the main roster. The demon is too good of a selling piece.

3. I'd love for the WWE to revise their PPV schedule.
Mania > Payback > ROYAL RUMBLE > Summerslam with whatever place holders in between they want. I bring this up because the Rumble winner headlining mania has become stale and required re-writes and all sorts of swerves because the back themselves into a corner. Let the winner of the rumble headline Summerslam. It would add legitimacy to SS main event and it would boost their typical "down season" which makes no sense since summer is when there is no sports to compete with. MITB should be held in between survivor series and mania instead. Just throws a tire iron in what has become a stale schedule.

After WM32 there needs to be a change. I know it would be stupid to let Shane Mcmahon defeat the Undertaker, but it just needs to happen. We cannot rely on "The Authority" angle forever. It has been going on for almost 3 years!!!!!!!! Enough is enough. Lose the authority, and have some sort of Face GM for a while. I'm sick and tired of HHH and Stephanie being the only people to get heat on the roster. Believe me, I think they're great heels, but I just think it's annoying to see the same storyline, (insert face here) against the authority! How can he beat the odds??

There needs to be some change so the Authority is gone. That's the only major change I want to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back