What Areas Of TNA Need Improving?

Here's a few aspects I'd like to see gone from TNA:

Constant Heel/Face Turns
Wrestlers in TNA turn heel/face so often it has no meaning. I wish they would pick a side and stick with it for awhile.

Less Stables and Fewer Members
TNA has a history of giant stables with a revolving door membership. Stables are ok, but I'm not crazy about groups like Immortal, where half the roster are members.

Less Stupid Gimmick Matches
Reverse anything, MMA matches, Retirement matches where no one retires, etc.

Dude, have you watched any TNA since BFG last year? Any at all?
Roode turned heel (for good reason) and has stuck with it since. Roode is an awesome heel.
Kurt Angle just recently turned face. Fair enough.
Austin Aries was turned face several months ago, organically through getting incredibly over with the crowds.
Crimson turned heel. He was totally incapable of getting over as a face.
Kaz turned on AJ.
Pope turned heel on Devon, but who gives a toss about that?

That's pretty much all the turns I can think of since October 2011. 8 months ago. 6 turns. None purely for their own sake. All make sense from a narrative point of view. Nobody has turned and then turned back in this period. Constant heel/face turns you say? Hardly.

Stables? The insufferable Immortal is long dead. So is Fortune. Hogan has settled into a good GM role. Flair is gone. Bischoff is off camera. Jeff Jarrett likewise. Steiner is fired. Gunner de-pushed. Bully Ray is currently the best pure heel in wrestling. There are currently no active stables in TNA. Hell, there's barely a tag team.

Stupid gimmick matches? Totally gone since Russo left (yay!). We have had one 'firing' stipulation match since BFG, used to write the Jarretts off TV, so Jeff could go work on Ring Ka King. The days of reverse battle royals and fish market street fights are long dead. Instead we have had some cage matches, a 30 minute iron-man match, a ladder match, an ultimate X match and not a lot else I can think of. You fail again.

Seriously, try watching the company you're commenting on next time.

As far as the actual wrestling product, I think they've done a great job lately. The storylines are simple and make sense, the wrestling is as always great, and the titles definitely mean something lately which is a big win for TNA lately.

My problem with TNA is the production value. Nothing makes TNA look second rate more than its presentation. The theme songs are unrecognizable and bland (for the most part. There are some good ones) and the entrance videos are normally just cheesy loops of bland logos that looks like a high school kid who just learned After Effects threw together in a weekend.

The Impact Zone has to be a thing of the past. Gone. Get out of there. WCW wasnt taken seriously until they got out of Disney World and the same thing is going to be true of TNA. It's tiny, makes the whole thing look Bush league, anew devalues everything that happens because in the end, it's only just happened in front of the same unenthusiastic 900 smarks as it does every week. Seriously, the crowd is awful. Going live is a great step in the right direction, but they need to extend that ideology further.

The name TNA is absolutely awful. Why they decided to name their company a cheap sexual pun is beyond me, especially with a meaning as contrived as "total nonstop action". A typical, sense-making name like "_______ Championship Wrestling" would go a long way I think. The name currently sounds like it's an offshoot lingerie league or something stupid, and again, is difficult to take seriously at first glance.

I was really happy when the whole "Impact Wrestling" change happened, but now it looks like that was just a reboot of the show Impact itself and the company is not renamed at all, despite the massive amounts of confusion surrounding its own name.

Like I said, the product has been good. No more Bischoff, no more stables, no more egregious heel/face turns and valued titles are all awesome. It's presentation is what really, really has to change if they're going to truly compete.

These topics crop up with a great deal of regularity, and are usually quickly infested with arrogant, know-it-all WWE armchair experts, convinced they can 'fix' the 'broken' TNA product (the 6 sided ring thing keeps cropping up. Don't think anyone has yet mentioned the old chestnut - hiring Paul Heyman and letting him fire every wrestler over the ripe old age of 30 though).
I really don't see that. Just because someone criticizes your favorite product doesn't make them know it alls, or even wrong.

Of course, there's always going to be room for improvement. Has any company ever produced a 'perfect' wrestling product (well, it's subjective, so of course not)? Just so I don't come across as a completely biased TNA mark, I will concede that IW could improve a few things here and there. Some of their entrance music is pretty lame. Could do with making some of them more distinctive. And sure, we'd all like them to eventually leave the Impact Zone, but considering they can't even run all their PPVs from outwith Orlando yet, it's a while off. Going live is a nice compromise though. And we can all agree that the tag and X-Division need a boost. I have faith that they have plans for both.
You're right and you don't come off as a complete TNA mark yet.

TNA
1. Bobby Roode world title reign/rise of James Storm - fucking compelling viewing. Oh, and the main focus of their shows and PPVs, unlike another company...
2. AJ/Dixie - A slow-burning epic, filled with twists and turns. Not being rushed. Remains interesting. Punctuated with great matches.
3. Bully/Joseph Parks - As above. Nothing being rushed. Interesting. A little corny, but the suspension of disbelief required is quite old school. I like it.
4. Sting's masked attackers. Only just begun but a nice premise to keep Sting away from the world title picture.
5. Austin Aries' rise to the main event. He's over as fuck, and probably just as good, if not better than CM Punk and Daniel Bryan - both in the ring and on the mic.
6. The Bound for Glory Series kicking off. A universally praised concept returns. Makes it seem like the world title actually has some value...
7. Joey Ryan..
Well logically you're right atm what's happening is impressive for TNA. I've said it's amazing to see at the moment. But the truth comes through consistency and while right now they are impressive, they need to keep gaining momentum. Which they haven't been able to do in their history.

WWE
1. Cena vs Generic Authority Figure/Angry Giant for the hundredth time. ZZZZZZZZ.
Actually Cena has done amazing as of late, with Rock, Brock, and even Johnny. His promo's are killer, his effort is stellar and above all else this is actually different. I know it's 'Authority figure vs Cena' but Cena's character is growing through this. And is visibly becoming more and more frustrated. It's pretty damn good considering everything around him has been going wrong for months and people aren't even noticing.

2. Prima donna UFC fighter (admittedly a huge draw) who doesn't give a shit about the wrestlig business, being paid to job, perhaps 3 times over the year for $5million (correct me on the figure if I'm wrong).
First off brock has already made over five million dollars for the company and that's all that really matters. People are going to care even if he just jobs the next two times he's in the ring. Brock puts on a show, and is entertaining even if you don't like him.

3. CM Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ. What the hell is this all about?
Only the best storyline in wrestling today. It could realistically go three ways minimum. And we don't know what it's all about just yet, that's part of the beauty of it, and it's compelling as all hell. Not to mention two of the best wrestlers in the world having mat classics to enhance the story. Not really a bad way to go if you ask me.

4. Sheamus - A world fucking champion - has NO story.
True but that could be because of others and not him. Is it WWE's Fault Orton's a fuck up? Or that Del Rio got hurt? Hardly, sometimes the cookie just crumbles no matter what you do.

5. Santino vs what appears to be a spoiled Mexican child.
Yes but you put that up there and it's kind of confusing to me since Christian vs Rhodes is bigger, unless you can't think of anything negative to say about that, and you're just pointing out flaws (like those evil WWE fans)

6. Rikishi v2.0
If you're talking Brodus Clay, they've actually made his interesting on a number of levels. First off, he's still the same guy but you can see a change in him since what the big show did to him. Not only that but he could have a legit feud coming up with Big show which seems to be what they are building towards. It could also make the Clay into an actually threat. Building up a new talent.

7. Some clumsy fucking Goldberg wannabe who WWE talent is too scared to work with? Hahahahahaha.
Meh to each their own.

While we're on that, endless, pointless, dull squash matches on TV, in a desperate bid to get guys over? Really? Giving Hernandez one solid, semi-entertaining PPV match with Kid Kash probably got him more over with TNA fans than Ryback is in the WWE.
Lol no.

I know you'll all say, "the rating don't lie". Sure, more people do watch WWE, and they make more money. Nobody is arguing with that. But who actually benefits here? Not you. It's VKM. It's the shareholders. The advertisers. The sponsors. But certainly not the average fan watching at home. They would get more benefit and personal utility from watching a better wrestling product.

So just to bring this thing into land, before I'm accused of going off topic, I think TNA could certainly make some small improvements to tweak their currently excellent product. But I believe their ongoing storylines and booking style make for a great show. Nothing is perfect. However WWE is force feeding the world the same old, bland bullshit, peppered with reactionary stunts to spike poor rating (bit like TNA used to do). So I think next time the question you need to be asking is not "what can TNA do, but what can WWE do, to improve their product and compete with the quality of TNA?" Not ratings or revenue. Or mainstream recognition. Quality.

I agree with you to a certain extent but I'm sure any WWE mark can tell you some things wrong with the product they love, and you still call them fanboys. My issue is you criticize them for not giving TNA any credit then you go on to give the WWE no credit. AJ/Kane/Punk/Bryan is amazing if you can't admit that you're just being bias for bias sake. The same thing you accuse them of.

While some people seem to think the creative side is getting better, I'm not seeing this. I'm very unsatisfied with the story telling and the talent featured on the show. D-von has no place as a singles champion. He should probably be released. Bully Ray on the other hand is someone the WWE should consider rehiring.

I think Devon can be a veteran who jobs out like what Goldust was doing although his reign hasn't been too bad and the crowd always seems to like him I do want him to drop the title ASAP.

Robert Roode gets a lot of praise around here, but in my mind this is what an Arn Anderson world title reign would have looked like and it's not pretty. He's a good talent, but he's not a star. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve his reign, but he's shit on the mic and looks like a deer in the head lights and while I wouldn't advocate taking the belt off him he sure as hell better improve as his reign goes on.

Shit on the mic? Are we watching the same guy? I think he's one of the best on the mic, what promos didn't you like?

Hulk Hogan... Just get him off the tv.

The Knockouts... Please knock out (see what I did there?) the 10 minute women matches. 2 minutes is more than enough time to go to the bathroom.

I think Hogan has simmered down now. I'm fine with him in the GM role, I just hope he's not getting paid too much. And as for the Knockouts I don't particularly care for women's wrestling but aren't they always the highest rated segments? And I'm guessing they're trying to present an alternative with the longer matches.

Production value... It's God awful. The backstage segments are unwatchable.

What don't ya like about them? The type of camera they use, or the content? I think they're great!

The confusion over the name. Is it Impact or is it TNA? Just pick a god damn name for your company and be clear about it.

I don't think there is confusion. TNA is the company and Impact Wrestling is the show. Just like WWE is the company and Raw is the show, right? Though I do wish Impact Wrestling was the name of the company too.

And then the dead weight. None of these old guys on their roster draw. I'm sure they cost way more money than they bring in so it's time to let them go.

Which guys exactly?

I agree with your other points though!

Funny How Facts Work go eat your mcdonalds and keep watching your john cena pg rated "wrestling" show you cheap jabroni. Self High 5 has a lot of valid points. And Hugh G Reaction, i disagree vehemently with bobby roode best on the mic. Roode is a great wrestler, and I believe he deserved a title reign, but, he's more of a transitional champ who's reign has overstayed its welcome. He's not the number on heel, i do see a lot of great things with Bully Ray being the number 1 heel. The talent is there no doubt. The entrance theme songs are irrelevant if the product is better. So what would I do to improve TNA (which i think is a cool name). Definitely improve the X division and tag team division and I dont mean make a team out of 2 singles wrestlers. Stables arent a bad thing as long as they're not too big with half the roster on it. Also, Hogan NEEDS TO GO! Bring back 6 sides, and many might not think that makes a difference, but it makes the product unique, just like the x division does (or did). Very importantly, stick with storylines. Sometimes we get a storyline that starts off good and then what happened? It's like nothing happened. WWE is famous or that, but TNA is also guilty of. In the old days of WWF seemed like all the wrestlers had feuds and storylines. TNA is pretty much doing that now, even for the mid carders which is good, not saying every wrestler, but a majority of them. If a GM is needed, it should be one like WWE President Jack Tunney, a do nothing, hardly on the air authority figure who only comes on to make major decisions. Let the wrestlers have feuds with each other because the wrestler vs. authority figure has been played out for 2 long its too repetitive which gets boring. The PPVS have to be better. It cant seem like a 3 hour edition of Impact where nothing gets settled. A PPV every month is too many, i think 4 a year is better as it lets the PPV build up into something special, ill even settle for 6 a year. TNA should get talent from indy promotions and from mexico and japan, and with WWE no longer looking to indies (so ive heard) TNA has an opportunity to claim some gold. AJ, Kazarian, and Daniels were home grown (Im aware of AJ jobbing in WWE), they can lock up some of this talent and make them home grown just like AJ, Kazarian, and Daniels. Gut check is a start.

Funny How Facts Work go eat your mcdonalds and keep watching your john cena pg rated "wrestling" show you cheap jabroni. Self High 5 has a lot of valid points.
I agreed with a lot of his points. If you actually read my post instead of simply insulting me you would've read. "Well logically you're right atm what's happening is impressive for TNA. I've said it's amazing to see at the moment. But the truth comes through consistency and while right now they are impressive, they need to keep gaining momentum. Which they haven't been able to do in their history." I even agreed that TNA has the better show atm than WWE. Just because I don't think the WWE totally sucks doesn't make any point I made less valid. I believe both shows are good.

I was simply saying anyone who says that the WWE totally sucks right now is viewing it through a totally bias viewpoint. The same with anyone who says that about TNA atm.

But if you want to make cheap McDonald's jokes and look like a total fool, then you go ahead. You did an amazing job.

@Self High 5 To answer your question, I've watched very little TNA since Bound For Glory. Bobby Roode inexplicably losing the title match turned me off the company for the last six or seven months, and I've only felt like giving it another chance the last month or so.

I've followed TNA news, and am aware the stuff I mentioned has become less of a problem and the shows are getting better. Hence, why I decided to resume watching Impact and ordered Slammiversary.

But the problems I mentioned have pretty much defined TNA in the past, and there's no reason not to think half the roster will turn heel and start an ever imploding stable in the near future.

But I agree with you that TNA is heading in the right direction. I hope it stays that way.

Add two more corners to the ring.
Start doing the matches they used to like KOTM, Feast or Fired and Steel Asylum to make it more interesting.
Focus less on the ex WCW/WWE/ECW guys so the young guys can get bigger.
Travel for every impact and stay live for all time, not just for this summer... the live thing is working.
Spend more money.
Pay the wrestlers more so they stay and that more people decide to come to TNA.
Advertise more so ppl here about TNA.

I'll admit I only watch TNA when there is just nothing else on TV, so my opinion isn't probably the most well rounded. But having said that, I feel like the matches I watch are so choreographed that for me it takes away the realism factor. Not to say that some matches I watch in the WWE don't have the same feeling. But it feels that way more so with TNA. I don't hate TNA, in fact I've seen some good move sets that I have not seen in the WWE. But I just can't get over the lack of realism in the matches that you can tell they are just setting up for the next move. It's like WCW in its last day where guys were just going through the motions

I think Devon can be a veteran who jobs out like what Goldust was doing although his reign hasn't been too bad and the crowd always seems to like him I do want him to drop the title ASAP.

I actually agree that he does have a place on the roster, but the fact that he's a champion has made me a little more critical of him. If he were used as you described I wouldn't be so hard on him, but he's taking up a decent amount of time every week and his main job appears to be getting Goofball Bischoff over.

Shit on the mic? Are we watching the same guy? I think he's one of the best on the mic, what promos didn't you like?

Yeah, I'm not backing off that point. I seriously think his mic work is crap. His facial expressions are bad, what he has to say is bad, and his delivery is bad. The promo he cut on Hulk Hogan a couple weeks ago made me wonder why a 60 year old gimpy Hulk Hogan wouldn't cut him off and say "'I'm Hulk Hogan. Most people don't even know your name.". It would have floored Roode and made him look like an idiot. Sort of in the same way Punk did to Alberto Del Rio last year. His promos come off as so scripted and generic and I just don't buy into them. With that said, I really enjoy watching him in the ring. Don't think that I'm just out to trash the guy, because in my mind he's always good for a solid match. I just think he's a boring champion and listening to him talk is borderline painful.

I think Hogan has simmered down now. I'm fine with him in the GM role, I just hope he's not getting paid too much. And as for the Knockouts I don't particularly care for women's wrestling but aren't they always the highest rated segments? And I'm guessing they're trying to present an alternative with the longer matches.

My issue with the knock outs is a personal preference. I get that they're trying to say "Look how tough our chicks are compared to the WWE divas", but that's like saying "My ******ed cousin is smarter than your ******ed son". As for Hogan, It's another personal preference but it seems to be a popular one. Call it Hogan burn out. The man has just worn a lot of us out in the good will department.

What don't ya like about them? The type of camera they use, or the content? I think they're great!

A lot of it is how they shoot the backstage stuff. I do have directoral gripes, but I'm going to go a bit less technical and say that my biggest issue is out the segments are produced. I think the agents need to do a better job helping talent with their promos and understanding what they're trying to get acrossed. I understand for some of these guys this is their first go round on national television and that's where it's up to the powers that be to help them along. Another huge gripe is the theme music. It's too damn quite. Pump up the music and the crowd noise. The quality of the music is pretty crappy too, but all I can hear are the damn announcers.

I don't think there is confusion. TNA is the company and Impact Wrestling is the show. Just like WWE is the company and Raw is the show, right? Though I do wish Impact Wrestling was the name of the company too.

While I'm pretty sure you're correct about the company/show names I don't think it's as obvious as you say. I've watched entire shows where no one references TNA outside of the logo on the belt. I wish they'd just say "TNA: IMPACT WRESTLING" or just officially change the company's name like they sort of hinted in the first place.

Which guys exactly?

I agree with your other points though!

Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Hulk Hogan and Sting in my opinion have all out lived their usefulness. There's probably more that I'm just not thinking of, but these guys are probably some of the more expensives contracts on the roster and there is no way they draw what they're making. Kurt Angle is on his last leg but still has some value left in my opinion. Jeff Hardy is someone I'd get rid of for general principal, but in reality you have in Jeff a guy who would be a legit main eventer if he weren't such a F#@K up. I see the value in Jeff, but he better be straight this time because he's running out of second chances.

And thanks for agreeing with my other points. What was left? lol

I have seen Sting a lot and I think he can still go. Should he be in the main event scene? Probably not. I definitely wouldn't mind him being used to put over other guys though. His matches mic work and matches are still entertaining.

About Devon: hes over but I don't think anyone really takes the TV Title serious. IMO, they should have had Hardy go over him when they had that fan vote gimmick match.

Right well, as much as I feel bad for saying it, because TNA fanboys seem to get Butthurt when anyone disses TNA but I have to say I am about 90 - 100% with Headman on this one. (p.s. can you please tell me what the my little pony referance is on your tag....I like meme's but the Brony thing never tickled my fancy)

Well, I have to admit I enjoy Impact sometimes but very rarely. I think what they are doing with Bobby Roode has been great, but its starting to get old. The constant #1 contender matches between men Roode has already faced and beaten is pathetic and the Mid card is absolute GARBAGE.
Bully Ray is entertaining me but is floundering in this utter mess of a storyline, and what is Abyss? KANEfoley Hybrid ripoff boring repetative.

Sting = Fantastic, past his prime, needs to retire on a high note....TNA HoF, is not it.
Jerrett = Limelight hogging WAY past his prime, loved him as a HEEL in WCW but not anymore
Angle = Can still go, but is wasted in TNA
Aj = Overated, I'm a big fan but he is not being given the oppertunities he has broken his back for and Hindsight is a wonderfull thing...should he have had another shot at WWE, we will never know.
Jeff Hardy = Shot himself in the foot, should have remained in WWE and kept himself clean...his career will never be at such a level.
Anderson = Boring....nuff said
Crimson = WHO?
Bully Ray = The Best thing TNA has right now
Roode = Potentially the best thing TNA has to offer
Storm = Out of shape for a man of his age and build...over, but why?

Dixie = ******ed
Hogan = Deluded
Bischoff = Pushing his Son to the Moon....does'nt really care about the wellbieng of the business, only in it for personal gain.

TNA needs to improve on a hell of alot. I wouldnt be surprised if they are actually loosing money by the millions.
Don't get me wrong, I want them to succeed, and I want them to improve.....and I watch it every week so its not 100% utter Shite and Aids. But I spend the majority of the show bored off my ass and making secondairy means of entertainment, Ie, Texting, Games on the phone....random Laptop browsing.
It must improve soon, the ratings do not lie.

(Austin Airies was left out of this post on accounts that he is AWESOME)

:lol: Much like the 90% of WWE fans and 10% of IWC fans want to "fix" the TNA's product? I don't understand what is so wrong with the product that needs to be "fixed". I can side with the fact that the ratings have not improve since the move to an earlier time slot (and the fact going live) but everything else has went from "meh, okay to "Damn, that was a pretty good show". It's been said from time to time that it's hard to keep a wrestling audience interested. Whether it's TNA or WWE. When you read forum's or hear good things about TNA/Impact Wrestling around the internet; it makes even the most jaded fans tune in to watch. TNA/Impact Wrestling may not get WWE like numbers but it's a success in my eyes, much like WWE and ROH is a success. I don't watch WWE or care what they are doing but they are still around. Don't like it, there's the remote. :)

I'm pretty happy with TNA as a whole. It's a great product. Lots of intriguing things going on and the booking has been really well done in my view. Not everything about it is perfect of course (there's no such thing as a completely perfect thing), but I'm loving the majority of things they're putting out.

There are area's I'd improve of the product. Not much, but only a few things...

X-Division: I think we all know Aries is going to be leaving the division next Thursday to go for the World title (storyline terms, anybody would do it and it is a logical move to not have him lose steam). One thing I would do once Aries is gone from the division is get somebody like a Joey Ryan or somebody from the Indy's and let them be the king of the division, but also make it a bit more meaningful and add some of the current guys to do their thing (with some fine tuning for some of them). It's gonna be a long, long process to repair that division but they need to be patient with it.

TV Title: I like Devon as the champ and they are doing a hell of a lot better with the division these days, but they need to put it on somebody that's a bit better than he is. A Bully Ray or maybe a younger name who could use the boost... and if they go with the second option, let the guy beat some credible names to not only build him up, but the title as well.

Get rid of the Hogan's and Bischoff's: As I may love TNA, even I gotta agree with the majority of people on the net and say that they gotta go. I can't stand Garret Bischoff. He's all around terrible and isn't even ready to be in one of the big two promotions yet nepotism allows him to be there. I don't even need to speak on ET in a wig... I mean Brooke Hogan. And Hulk and Eric... that's kind of self-explanatory but I can't count one thing they have done for the company in two and a half years. If they're not doing anything... then cut them loose.

The title scene's I feel will take time and growing pains so we'll watch that unfold, but I think as long as they apply those things above. Then it'll be much better than the good quality they're already doing.

I like your post and it's very similar to some of my own ideas, so here are mine.

The re-vamping of the X-Division: I have a feeling we will get a swerve and Aries will NOT relinquish the X-Division title, at least I'm hoping so. It will make the X-title seem very important to the man and also give him a reason to fight for wanting to keep it while still wanting the World title as well.

I'd prefer if Aries feuded with Roode at a later date anyway and sometime during this maybe he could drop the title to someone else.

As for the X-division itself, kill the weight limit rule for good though I think has already happened but make it official. Make the title seem on par with the World title but of course with the WHT being more prestigious (Think of the WWE title and the World Heavyweight Title).

Add your top names like RVD, Jeff Hardy, Joe, and AJ styles, and maybe even Kurt Angle to the division to really give it that big feel, mixed in with younger guys like Ion, Sabin, Joey Ryan you will never run out of possibilities. It gives TNA back what brought them to the dance and no longer alienates many of TNA's original fans anymore.

The TV title: At first I was dying to see a TV title in TNA but it was made to look like a joke for so long and while Devon is doing an ok job as the fighting champion he's not the guy to carry the title.

Have him go out with an "injury" leading to a small tournament to name an interim TV champion. I would let Eric Young win this(Not really a fan of his current character but it helps where I'm trying to go)

Anyway, the silly and lovable Young goes on to call his newly won interim TV title "The North-American Championship" where he sticks US and Canada decals on the title. He eventually crosses paths with Bully Ray who goes on about how Canada is a 3rd rate country and should never be on any title etc...leading to a couple of months with this two feuding and Ray being more of a bully than ever. Ray would eventually win this title and want to rename it the American championship, or NYC championship to be even more of a douche. This leads to Hogan coming out with an announcement that he loves Eric's idea so much that he will infact re-name the TV title to the North American title while presenting a new designed belt...and tells Bully that it will carry a few of the TV title's rules only different: and that is the title must always be defended when there's a show on North American(US and Canada) soil.

Anyway the returning Devon eventually has a match to unify his old TV title with the new NA title. Bully goes over and continues to dominate as a fighting, dirty,and obnoxious champion. He's been losing some heat lately and a title would help him out a lot and also introduce a brand new title with a new twist.

The World Heavyweight title scene:

Once Aries is moved in the title picture there will be an extreme lack of heels as stated before. Crimson is not ready and I'm not sure if he'll ever be, Joe could maybe go full heel and switch between both divisions, and then you have Matt Morgan...if TNA can somehow get him resigned he should no doubt turn heel and become his egomaniac self again. A David vs Goliath feud between him and Aries would be wonderful.

That leaves TNA with a new title that's considered (Midcard - upper mid card) and TWO top titles( One for the "no limit", high flying style of wrestling) and the other more your more traditional style.

That's my arm chair booking for the day.

We've got a lot of good points in here. I do fully agree with some things that were brought up, such as how difficult it is to pry praise for TNA out of a WWE mark. I get that they being marks in the first place precludes them from recognizing anything else as good. I also get that TNA has it's own marks who are just as critical of WWE and refuse to acknowledge reality vis a vis TNA's standing when compared to WWE.

I am a fan of both TNA and WWE. I think both do things well. I think there are a few things that TNA does better right now. However, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that they're the better company overall right now. But there's no shame in that. Compared to the vast history of WWE, TNA is still an upstart. But I do think TNA has been doing very well and still continues to improve lately. I also think a lot of WWE fans are reticent to admit that.

But this is about what TNA should improve, so on topic:

Production- As several others have said, production is one area where TNA is clearly inferior to WWE, and is in sore need of improvement. Production is so important to how the product comes across, and even when TNA does great things storyline-wise or wrestling-wise, it is often cheapened by their production level. As many have touched on, the entrance music and videos MUST be better. Most songs sound generic or are completely forgettable. The videos on the screen are an absolute joke. Every single one is a loop of the same two or three images. Some have fancy motion...ooh!! I can't think of one that has images of the wrestler in action. Most don't even have the wrestler's image in the video at all. I think Tessmacher's has her face now....... does anyone's else's? Just thinking quickly, I don't think so. Even if they do, it's so forgettable, that's the point. WWE videos have action shots of the wrestlers kicking ass, doing their finishers, being awesome, with other cool stuff in between. And they go perfectly with the song. Think of Cena's video, the music starts, it builds and builds, the video shows a few shots of him, then the music explodes and at that very moment his name fills the screen, the crowd goes crazy one way or another. Orton's video goes perfectly with his music, etc. TNA's entrances are terrible compared to that. I know they have the side screen that constantly shows the wrestler's image, and I think that's a neat idea, I wouldn't change that. But they have to start making the main videos at least an ounce worthwhile. Coupled with the bad music, it just kills almost everyone's entrance, and that can kill enthusiasm For what's about to happen. Look at Bobby Roode's entrance. The music is awful, plus you can barely hear it. His video has a couple of swinging chains. Then he comes out and walks to the ring with barely any expression. I'm not criticizing Roode, I get he's a heel and that's his character, he's not going to be jumping around. But the whole thing is just so underwhelming. Give him a more intense song, pump up the volume, get the green lasers going. Make it seem like business is about to pick up. Again, I like Roode, I think he's done a great job, and I like the overhead shot they do when he stands on the turnbuckle now and he looks up at the camera. That's the kind of thing they need more of.

Almost everyone needs a new song. Keep Hardy's, Anderson's, Storm's, Bully's, Joe's, and AJ's. Change everyone else. And more people could use pyro. Not in the budget you say? How about reducing or eliminating Hogan's pyro? He's got enough on his own to spread around to three guys. Seriously, why does the GM have the best entrance on the show? He already has the most recognizable song with the remixed NWO theme, so they give him by far the biggest pyro out of anyone too? His pyro is like AJ and Angle combined, for Pete's sake. I get he's a legend and probably an egomaniac but come on. Give some other guys some pop in their entrances instead of using the aforementioned green lasers as a cheap substitute.

I went on about that longer than I thought I would, but in my opinion it's the one thing that right now would make probably the biggest immediate difference. Just some other quick hits:

TV Title- Devon's done ok, but put it on someone else now. You could go with a younger guy (not Robbie E) to give them a boost, or maybe even one of the main eventers with not much to do right now. Hell, even Hardy. Just make sure they're not fighting C-level guys every week, put them against quality opponents who have a name and it will help the title and the wrestler.

Go on the road- I know it's not feasible right now, but at some point in the future, get out of the Impact Zone, at least some of the time. Going live was a big step and a good one, this will be as well.

Tag teams- Everyone's already said it. More are needed.

Color change- One person mentioned this, I forget who, but it's something I hadn't thought of. But now that I do think about it, I think it's a tremendous idea. Whoever said that was absolutley correct. Blue has become the color of the secondary show. It really is a great point, it's sublime. Almost like an unconscious association. As much as I would like to say go with red (my favorite color), too many people would scream that they're copying WWE again. Green and black is a good choice. I also want to say orange instead of green, but it probably wouldn't look right. Even if you don't want to do a drastic change, make the shade of blue dark, really dark, like a midnight blue or something. Like the Yankee's shade of blue. (No, not a Yankees fan, I hate them actually). Just get away from that electric blue shade. Sadly, their best chance to make a change like that was probably when they went live, not sure how you'd introduce it now.

Edit: LegendKiller716 originally had the point about the color, wanted to give him credit. Also, keep Sting's entrance song as well.

A few months ago I'd have an extensive list. A couple of years ago the list would be huge... Now, the list is getting smaller. TNA has finally done something right and as much as we can hate Hogan and Bischoff, I'm starting to believe they have seen that it's not all about them but about TNA's own talent. It is great to see that a TNA homegrown is carrying one of the longest title reigns... It could very well be Angle, Hardy, Anderson. I don't mind WWE exes winning the title but it seems like when they do they make a big deal about it but they really can not be pushed to the curb. That'd be like Vince burying WCW stars after the buyout.

I still think TNA needs to develop their own product. It is getting better but I'm still thinking they take ideas from the WWE. The Dixie-AJ affair sounds too much like Jericho trying to ruin CM Punk's image... I honestly like the Dixie-AJ storyline better.

Overall, right now I'm please with the product.

I dont find a whole lot wrong with Impact at the moment. I think the show has been pretty much flawless this year in the building of storylines and development of characters that fans can relate to. But of course there are little things that sometime get on my nerves but they are nothing major.

Earl Hebner - I don't know what it is but I always seem to get distracted by Earl's counting of a pinfall. He knows a wrestler is going to kick out and just stops the count, sometimes too early, and to me it really shatters the build to the finish. You also know the finish when Earl makes a really fast count. I might be nitpicking though :D

Knockouts Division - It's gotten to a point where I'll just skip right over the women's matches. I just find every female on the TNA roster is generic and far too similar to one another. They also seem to just throw the title on the girl's who are the best looking, or who have the best arse like Velvet and Tessmocher. Where the hell has Mickie James, Winter etc. disappeared to? They need to have a serious overhaul of the division, although I don't like how Brooke is now the GM of the women's division. What fucking credentials does she have to run the division?

I don't have too many concerns with the current state of the X-Division and Aries leaving for the main event will be the best thing for not only the company, but for the X-Division. They'll have more of a chance to build a superstar from a more level playing field and that can only be a good thing.

Love TNA right now.

And more people could use pyro. Not in the budget you say? How about reducing or eliminating Hogan's pyro? He's got enough on his own to spread around to three guys. Seriously, why does the GM have the best entrance on the show? He already has the most recognizable song with the remixed NWO theme, so they give him by far the biggest pyro out of anyone too? His pyro is like AJ and Angle combined, for Pete's sake. I get he's a legend and probably an egomaniac but come on.

This gave me a good laugh because it is true Hogan's pyros are like Jeff Jarrett x2 and saying that I think he is the only GM in wrestling history who has had pyros.

Shame they got rid of Roode's pyros now but I guess they were too reminiscent of Beer Money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back