Went to a TNA House Show Tonight...

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
If you're interested in some details, here they be.

* Alex Shelley won a three way over Robbie E and Austin Aries
* Mickie James retained the Knockouts title over Winter
* Jeff Jarrett beat Eric Young
* Mexican America retained the tag titles over Pope & Devon
* Mr. Anderson beat Bully Ray
* Kurt Angler retained the world title over AJ Styles

- Main event was very short, but I guess it's a pretty big deal just to see Angle at a house show these days, so I don't mind. Quality for what it was. MOTN was probably the tag match. Opener was good, as was EY's match.

And, now, some general things.

* Went to the pre-show meet & greet, unfortunately it was just a bunch of wrestlers coming around ringside and signing things, and I wasn't early enough to really get a good spot, so. Here's what I gathered of the various wrestlers who came around, though:
- Shelley made a big effort to get to everyone, even hopped a guardrail to sign more things.
- Winter is stunning in person and incredibly friendly. She also hopped said guardrail.
- Austin was a lot like his character, so I'm not sure if he was playing the part or what. Friendly and personable, though.
- Pope was a lot of fun, joking with people, playing his character.
- Devon's a class act, especially with kids. Seemed like a great guy. Also, looks jacked in person whereas I thought he was always kind of flabby on TV.
- Robbie E just played his character the whole time, which was amusing.
- Hernandez and Anarquia both seemed like friendly guys.

After that, there was a chance to meet Eric Young at the merch table. EY is ridiculously cool. Incredibly friendly, down to earth, the whole shebang. He just hung out and talked to people about whatever.

I also bought into the $175 guitar/backstage pass combo, which, if you have the cash to blow, is extremely recommended. You get a really nice looking guitar (I have no idea about its quality as an instrument), a personal meet & greet with Jeff Jarrett, a backstage pass, three 8x10s (mine were Mickie, Devon, and JJ), and a free photo in the ring with AJ Styles. It's some serious cash but it's really nice stuff and all very fun.

- Jarrett is an awesome dude. Friendly, talked to me about wrestling for a minute. Great guy.

Show started, went backstage at intermission.

- Met Kurt Angle. He seemed a little out of it. Just kind of went through the motions with the signing. It was a big crowd, though, and a hot night, so I don't really blame him. He was also there with his wife and kids (we saw them walk to his trailer) and he probably didn't enjoy being separated from them, so.
- Met AJ, who was a pretty friendly guy, especially with kids.
- Met Anderson, briefly, friendly.

Met Mickie for her signing. She's awesome - really beautiful in person and extremely friendly. She was the only wrestler to ask for peoples' names all night for signing, which was nice of her.

So, show continued. They did the in ring photo with AJ. This is really neat, they hand you a photo on the spot and you also get a digital copy.

Jarrett signed 8x10s after the show and I talked to him again. Again, awesome, awesome man.

All in all this was a pretty awesome night. The wrestling was quality but the real highlight was getting to meet so many people and interact. If you're willing to drop some cash (or be loud enough to nab a backstage pass, though you don't get the other assorted goodies, guitar being the highlight) these things can be incredibly fun. If you ever get a chance to see TNA live, I'd highly recommend it.

Wow $175. You had cash to burn. Also I marked out at the Austin line only because I forgot about Austin Aries. No idea why it crossed my mind that Stone Cold would be at a TNA house show though.

Sounds awesome :)
So was Angle a heel or a face?
What was the ending of the match between Angle
and AJ?

I haven't watched TNA in a couple months. Just can't get around to it. I thought Pope and Devon were feuding?

The one thing I've always heard about TNA is that their fan interaction sessions tend to be really good and there are guys and gals who span the entire roster. Might try and catch a show when they come to the UK. Sounds like you got your moneys worth though.

I've always said that if there's one thing TNA does better than WWE it's house shows, the fan interaction alone is worth the price of admission.

$175? That's not bad considering that WWE had about 1000 dollar Wrestlemaina seat tickets. I would choose the TNA backstage experience over expensive Wrestlemaina seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back