• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WE WANT RYDER!!! .... Wait.... I guess we don't....

LegendKiller_RKO

Occasional Pre-Show
So what happened with Ryder's push? Why did it fizzle so quickly? I'm a Ryder fan. Many others are. SO WHY!? Why is it that there's no fans pushing for him still? Is that because were all ban wagon jumpers? Or because the wwe wanted to shove in our face that "we don't know what we want!" I just don't understand how some people can be in such support of a superstar then let it all fly away because there to enticed in some shitty boring storyline between the same old guys that have been plastered on our tv screens for months.

Your thoughts?

dont know i am not a ryder fan but it seems like the wwe dont like him lol i mean they took the momentum he had and used it on eve the last time ryder was relevant was the whole kane and cena thing none really benefit from that but eve not zack when i say hie momentum think about it eve wasnt really cared about but at the time zack was over instead of giving him a push witch they could have at that time they have eve paly his ass givng her a new role since the dive division has and always will be dead maybe they was mad cause yder went in own his own and got fans to support him without wwe maybe they did not like that maybe vice ants to be the only person to make and break the stars

Zack Ryder is the epitome of "the same old guys that have been plastered on our TV screens for months." Cheesy gimmick, terrible execution, mediocre-at-best ring work. I mean, if you like the guy and honestly think his YouTube videos are entertaining...more power to you. Cheer your little spiky head off. But from where I'm standing, it's not entertaining.

You want to know why he fizzled, and why nobody cares just a few short months after his huge push? Because he's not a good wrestler. He's not a good promo guy. You can't take his gimmick seriously. You've got to have one of those three qualities, preferably more, or you make it absolutely NOWHERE in the business. Bret Hart could wrestle, John Cena could cut a promo, and Goldberg MADE you take him seriously. The only thing Ryder has going for him is initiative. I applaud him for going above-and-beyond while everyone else in his position continues to sit on their ass and wait for the system to churn them out a good gimmick. But lots of people have good work ethics and never make it past the under-card (check out the indie scene over the last few decades if you don't believe me). Like I said, you've got to have "it" -- or at least enough of "it" to fake your way to the top -- or ya get nowhere (re: The Miz)

Ryder got a break that hundreds of other jobber-level wrestlers never had, and likely will never have. He did his own thing, and because of the wonders of the internet the WWE was able to suck a few months of sizzle from his efforts. There's nothing WWE can gain long-term from Ryder's character. He might be able to convince the fans to chant his name when he's on a streak to the United States Championship... But what happens when somebody like John Cena is in his way? Randy Orton? What happens when he works his way into a legitimate feud that the company NEEDS him to draw money from? He won't be able to hold his own in a promo battle. Many guys have shown us that you don't NEED to be a great wrestler to hold your own in title match, but again...to get past that he'd need something to make people take him seriously. I still don't consider Cena a great wrestler, but he's damn good on the mic and his place in professional wrestling is damn sure good enough to MAKE me take him seriously.

All you can hope for, all you Zack Ryder fans, is a slow grind to build him the good ole' fashioned way. But now that WWE has over-saturated the market with cheesy YouTube videos and "listened" to the IWC with facebook, the Twitters and all that junk...Ryder's got no niche appeal. He's just a glowing symbol of the annoying mainstream, which is exactly where HE didn't want to be, and exactly where the company DID want him to be.

Because his gimmick is way to cheesy for him to be anything greater than the US Champion. He is more of a comedy act like Santino and Brodus Clay. Explains why Kane destroyed him several times. Kane losing to a face like Ryder or Santino would make Kane look like a complete joke. WWE can't have one of thier top Monsters lose to these comedians.

i agree with green ranger but like i said not a ryder fan but i i do respect the fact he went out own his own and got people behind him wwe could have change hie gimmick alittle when kane kept whoopin his ass they could have used that to give ryder more aggression and then change his character i mean kane could be used to get guys over why not he's not doing shit else. as far as in ring abilty i saw him vs ziggler at a house show last weekend and that was a good match but thats all in opinion i guess his promo work aint bad hell they pushed miz i dont see why the could not have oush ryder a little bit but hey whatever not a ryder fan

So what happened with Ryder's push? Why did it fizzle so quickly? I'm a Ryder fan. Many others are. SO WHY!? Why is it that there's no fans pushing for him still? Is that because were all ban wagon jumpers? Or because the wwe wanted to shove in our face that "we don't know what we want!" I just don't understand how some people can be in such support of a superstar then let it all fly away because there to enticed in some shitty boring storyline between the same old guys that have been plastered on our tv screens for months.

Your thoughts?

I am guessing you haven't been a fan of wrestling very long ( not a knock on you if you are) because if you had been them you should know my now wrestling fans are fake as hell. They jump on the closest bandwagon especially when they think they can control the outcome. But that is true about people in general that is why american idol and such are so huge because people want control.

Ryder was that stupid cause that people just wanted to get behind but them when they actually got him they stood back and said "This guy really does blow, what the hell was I thinking".

i agree with green ranger but like i said not a ryder fan but i i do respect the fact he went out own his own and got people behind him wwe could have change hie gimmick alittle when kane kept whoopin his ass they could have used that to give ryder more aggression and then change his character i mean kane could be used to get guys over why not he's not doing shit else. as far as in ring abilty i saw him vs ziggler at a house show last weekend and that was a good match but thats all in opinion i guess his promo work aint bad hell they pushed miz i dont see why the could not have oush ryder a little bit but hey whatever not a ryder fan

The days of kane jobbing or putting guys like zack ryder over are long gone now, they died with his resurrection. I say they also died in 2010 is well, when kane became WHC. But the remasking was the final nail that ended his jobbing days, and that was the whole reason, and one of the main reason's why kane remasked, and now that only the very top guys will beat kane now. Kane will put guys over, but not guys like ryder who will never be in the main event scene, it does not do much for ryder anyway, and defiantly would hurt kane. You look at kane's track record since his remasking, and only 2 guys have managed to beat kane, with no help, that is orton and cena. You cannot have someone like ryder beat masked kane clean, or remasking the character would have been pointless

Ryder's decline is a shame, but obvious something was going wrong behind the scenes. Maybe ryder pissed the top brace off, back in novermber december 2011, and perhaps that is why they booked kane to destroy ryder completely, to teach him a lesson. Maybe the cena/kane feud was a way to destroy ryder, more than give something for cena to do. Who knows

Why do people have this idea that when something doesn't happen right away, that it's not going to happen? In my opinion, Ryder is a success. He got himself over and the only thing to take away from his success, is the WWE faltering his push. Maybe the real issue here is that the fans were ready but the WWE wasn't. It's sort of like what they did to Daniel Bryan after Wrestlemania. Sure all the fans were behind him but the WWE wasn't prepared to explore DB as a face yet and didn't want to force it just for (what could be) a fad.

So they're playing out their angles first and should these characters still have such a massive fan support after these other pushes are complete, they'll probably move in the direction that the fans crave. In Ryder's case, after they took the title off of him, he didn't still have the fan support that he had before or during the title. There are no "WE WANT RYDER!" chants during random matches. And in DB's case, there are definitely not as many "YES! YES! YES!" chants during random matches as there were during the 2-3 weeks after Wrestlemania.

Fans were certainly trying to be ironic by cheering a guy that they knew was unlikely to be seen at the time (Ryder) and another guy who was a heel (Bryan). Not to say that a popular face can't be born this way (The Rock) but in Ryder's case, it's still a fresh approach by the fans that the WWE doesn't want to screw up by shoving this ironic-fanbuilt guy down our throats. (aka The 2007-2011 Cena Method)

Sorry, but Ryder was just a bandwagon.

If he was truly destined for something he would've survived. He got that push because of the hype surrounding his show, but when that hype disappeared, all you saw was a cheesy, not-that-great-in-the-ring, lame character.

The only push he really deserved was the one he got from Kane off the stage.

They can't change his character without destroying his show, the one thing that got him over to begin with. He's stuck now.

well i remember when he wanted to debut a new catchprase on Z!, but then he had to cut it. then we found out it was because of eve. i thought they wer gona start another storyline with them. bring in a heel superstar for eve (im assuming it would b otunga) and a face diva for ryder (i heard somewhere that it would be layla, which is a pretty good idea) and have a intergender tag team feud happen, at the same time, eve and layla can feud over the divas title, and when otunga FINALLY gets the U.S. title off of that good for nothing santino, he can feud with ryder over the U.S. title.

For anyone who cares, Ryder's only 26 or 27...there's still plenty of time for him to main event. Personally, he was a better tag team wrestler in my opinion.

Your thoughts?

because his gimmick and youtube show has turned stale. I had this crazy thought that on the night ryder won the title, he shouldve turned heel. That way he would have ditched the stupid gimmick of his and garnered attention and heel heat. It would have been a great raw momment and certainly made ryder a legit contender. Lets face it these jersey gimmick, cartoonish gimmick are just platforms to get people recognition rather than propel the career of the guy.

People only got behind Ryder because he was the underdog. The guy being "held down" by the WWE. That was his appeal. People cheered for Ryder to protest WWE. Once he gets pushed, that's out of the picture and he gets judged for what he actually is, and he's not that good.

his gimmick just isn't enough to get him to the next level. i have nothing against the guy but his gimmick is good to get a bit of a push but not much more. could you see
him cutting promos against punk, bryan or sheamus? having said that, i do find it weird that Santino is the US champ and not Ryder. they seem to like sticking title onto Santino for some reason but Ryder being champ would be a better fit.

I remember during his push I kept saying how mediocre Ryder is. I found it laughable people loved him, but hated Cena for the same reasons. Ryder's gimmick was so terrible, so stale, so frustrating to watch, and he's not anything special in the ring. But you guys all loved him.

And a couple months pass, we realize he truly is nothing special. Am I psychic? Or am I just not weak into falling into who you guys enjoy?

For example, how's Dolph Ziggler doing? How about Swagger? Remember, Cody Rhodes is almost there...right?

Never liked Zack Ryder. Zack Ryder was only good when he was in a tag-team with Curt Hawkins known as "Edgeheads".

His "Woo Woo Woo" gimmick is awful and guys like Zack Ryder and Santino Marella winning the US Championship really devalued the belt.

Don't like Zack Ryder, but answer is pretty known.

An intern posted a diary of his experience working with the WWE Creative Team around the time of Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble. In it he detailed why Zack Ryder has been de-pushed, so instead of giving you a biased, judgemental, hypoethtical answer that makes no sense like half the replies in this thread, here is the actual answer:

“I didn’t feel that the writers had anything against Ryder really. I think Gewirtz feels that he’s a natural underdog, and that’s why people like him. The moment you give him too much exposure or success, he’s no longer an underdog and becomes annoying so they try to stick to that.

Any personal feelings that stop someone from getting more success probably come from Vince himself. Absolutely no major plot points, no title wins or face/heel turns get on TV without Vince’s approval.”

http://www.rspwfaq.net/2012/05/former-writing-assistant-speaks.html#more

Every wrestler gets a push sooner or later. Ryder had his and now he's back to being buried. He'll climb the ladder again eventually if he isn't fired or anything like that. It's the roller coaster effect. One minute a wrestler is pushed, the next they're at the bottom. Eventually they're given a push again, but then down they go. It's a vicious cycle.

Never liked Zack Ryder. Zack Ryder was only good when he was in a tag-team with Curt Hawkins known as "Edgeheads".

His "Woo Woo Woo" gimmick is awful and guys like Zack Ryder and Santino Marella winning the US Championship really devalued the belt.

That's how I feel too. The only time I liked Zack Ryder was his tag team with Hawkins. I just can't stand this Jersey Shore gimmick. Woo Woo Woo is annoying as hell. It's awful. I never understood why everyone jumped on the bandwagon. I seemed to be one of the few that hated him, his show and his push. I laughed my ass off when Kane throw him off that stage. :)

I say repackage him and team back with Hawkins or a new partner and throw him back into the tag division. I don't think Trent Barreta is doing anything these days, why not team Ryder with him? Hell, they could be The New Dude Busters. :)

Bceause Ryder really isn't that good, he's just popular on the internet.

CM Punk only put him over because the fans were calling for him and Punk was trying to wake up the WWE's head guys to listen to the fans... back last summer.

I don't give a fuck about Ryder... future endevaor him.

The problem is his character really isn't built for the long term. There's only so far you can go with being a goof. Fans got tired of his act and wanted something else. He is a mid carder at best and he pretty much went where he's going. You do have to give him props though for doing the leg work himself and getting his name out there rather than waiting for creative to hand him something. He managed to parlay it into a short US Title run as well as being in a big match at Wrestlemania which is a lot more than he was doing the year before.

The days of kane jobbing or putting guys like zack ryder over are long gone now, they died with his resurrection. I say they also died in 2010 is well. i understand that but you dont have to lose to someone to get them over if i rember correctly undertaker faced jeff hardy in ladder match for the belt on raw and jeff lost the match but undertaker shook his hand out of respect now undertaker was a heel at the tim but that help him get over some in the wwe you dont have to lose a match to get a guy over im not a fan of ryder but i do think wwe could let some of the new guys shine over bringing back guys like atrain brock and the rock i like rock and brock but there not there full time i think wwe could push more newer starts thats all

NINO990 - They give ryder a good go against kane, it was just classic kane how Ryder tried everything, but kane can take a hell of allot of punishment he just showed that and finished him off.

The difference between jeff hardy and zack ryder is? this was 2002, Jeff Hardy was part of one of the attitude era's greatest tag team's of its generation, in the hardy boys. Jeff was so over at that point it was crazy, he was doing all sorts of crazy stunts, which got him over anyway. Jeff and his brother put on some of the greatest tag team matches with edge and christian, along with the dudley boys. It was a tag team division rivalry feud, that to this day cannot match that tag team division. Their matches at WM16, summerslam 2000, and WMX7 are some of the best tag team matches ever period. The tag team division now, are living in the shadow's of that tag team generation

your right i agree with you i was saying that they could have let ryder show a hell of alot more aggression then change him up his character cause the one he has now is getting old and worn out like i said not a ryder fan but you are right about what your saying i think i rather seen him get the push out of the whole cena and kane feud then have saw eve get the push at ryder expense ryder was a little over with the fans thay had something to work with they could have change him up and sen where that went but they kinnda just said well we used him to he was used up now lets forget about him

Here's my honest fan criticisms of Zack Ryder:

His build is okay. He's been wrestling in WWE for a few years, and I still think he could put on a bit more muscle. He really looks small compared to most of the roster. Ziggler is about the same size but his muscles look much more impressive.

Ryder's funny on his webshow some of the time. There is a lot of focus on his friends and other WWE personalities, which is fine, but I think the point of his webshow should be to promote HIS character.

One of his eyes looks weird. It's like it opens wider than the other one.

The Broski Boot isn't a very good move.

"Woo Woo Woo" has lost a lot of its steam.

When he complains about not getting featured on WWE TV, or complains about how he's used when he is on, it makes him look like a crybaby. i don't want to watch crybabies win titles. THAT really devalues a title more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back