We Are The Fallen

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
A shot at Evanescence perhaps, but that is the name of the new band that features Ben Moody and recently departed Evanescence members John LeCompt and Rocky Gray. Fallen was the first album of Evanescence back in 2003, back when Moody was still in the band, when they shot out of no where to be one of the biggest acts of that year.

But with the new group, lead by Carly Smithson could very well be Evanescence 2.0. With an album slated to come out next month, I am wondering if it will be so. NEver a huge fan of Evanescence, I know that Ben Moody was the talent behind all the music, and Amy Lee was just the pretty face with the great voice.

If Carly can captalize on the rest of the band I think they can be successful. She has a great voice from what I have heard, winning American Idol 7, but damn, with a shitty name like We Are The Fallen, I am just not sure. The Gothic sound seems to have been dropped as of late, but I still think it can be successful.

I wouldn't mind a second Evanescence, having been a casual fan for quite a while, loving their singles for the most of it, although I've stumbled into some incredibly shitty songs on their albums too, hence casual fan.

Although I do think that Amy Lee, even if she was just the pretty face with a great voice, I think she's at a level of talent that will make it hard for We Are The Fallen to capitalize on the success that Evanescence debuted with and continued to have throughout the years of their prime (seeing as Evanescence obviously lost quite a bit of their line up from what I've read through you TM, not really following the band, just like their music, so this is news for me really)

But in the end, I won't be one to judge them just yet, seeing as we obviously haven't heard their album release just yet, and while there's a chance that one or two singles can prove to be an absolute hit, it won't mean that they'll be an absolute success, because I think even though Ben Moody was the brain behind the music, that it takes a special singer for the group to get a proper success, and as I stated, Amy Lee's voice isn't gonna be easy to cover or even try to overdo, but that's just my opinion.

Didn't something similar happen with Metallica??? One of the members (Dave Mustaine I believe) left/got kicked out of Metallica and went on to form Megadeth. Now not being a big metal fan I believe Megadeth is 2nd to Metallica in pioneering metal music.

What I'm trying to say is We Are The Fallen are going to do something really good to get one over on Evanescence. Evanescence have already established themselves and some might see We Are The Fallen as Evanescence lite as they have a similar line up (female vocals) and a former member of Evanescence as well.

I'll keep an ear out for them though

"We Are The Fallen", huh? It does make sense that they could be making some shots at Evanescence because 4 of the members were once members of Evanescence. I get it that Moody would be upset at his former band's success since he's done.... what.... one or two songs for movie soundtracks, since after he left the band? He's barely relevant now. Plus, Evanescence's second album was very underrated in my opinion. It was almost as good as Fallen and the two are nearly on par when it comes to quality of the music.

I wouldn't mind giving this group a listen if they are going to be "Evanescence 2.0" as TM described them. Alex-awesome made a good point too, about how this could be similar to Metallica and Megadeth way back in the day. Similarly to that situation, I wouldn't count on this group ever becoming as big as Evanescence, it's just not going to happen because they are better off without Moody. Their first cd is coming out May 11th, I might check it out and see if they are any good.

I actually heard their first single already. It's really good and if you heard it you'd think it was Evanesence. I know that Amy Lee is working on a new evanesence album but I think that we are the fallen is the next big thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back