• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WCW vs WWE: Booker T

Booker T in...

• WCW

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Booker T, the greatest black wrestler?? maybe...

Booker T was in WCW from 1993-2001
in WWE from 2001-2007

In WCW he was one of the best TV Champions ever, also a 4-time WCW world champion and was 1 half of argubly WCW greatest tag team, Harlem Heat...he ahd feuds with the likes of The Nasty Boys, American Males, Public Enemy, Outsiders, Fit Finlay, DDP, Chris Benoit, Harlem Heat 2000, Stevie Ray, Jeff Jarrett, Steiners, Kevin Nash....

In WWE he had a fair share of titles as well, and fueds with Vince McMahon, Stone Cold, Edge, The Un-americans, Triple H, Ric Flair, Evolution, The Undertaker, JBL, Kurt Angle, John Cena, RVD, The Boogeyman, Bobby Lashley...

Championships and Accomplishments
WCW
1-time WCW United States Heavyweight Champion
4-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion
10-time WCW World Tag Team Champions w/ Stevie Ray
6-time WCW World Television Champion

WWE
1-time WCW Champion
1-time WCW Tag Team Champions w/ Test
1-time World Heavyweight Champion
3-time World Tag Team Champions w/ Goldust, Test & RVD
1-time WWE Intercontinental Champion
3-time WWE United States Champion
2-time WWE Hardcore Champion
King of the Ring Winner (2006)

So based matches, feuds, impact created when he was there....What would you say: Booker T in WCW or WWE??

I would have to choose WCW...he was amazing there...was in a good shape and spent most of the 90's with his brother and won 10 tag titles...thats incredible!! After he left the tag team he went on a succesful singles run, winning the US title and later a 4 time WCW World Champion...

If there was no KING BOOKAAAHH!! I would have probably gone with WWE...i think they used him well, but they slowly started killing the Booker T we all knew and loved!! So my vote is for WCW..

What Would you Say??

Please keep this thread on topic..thank-you!

I go with Booker T in WCW. It just seems like in WCW he was a more legitimate wrestler than when he was in WWE.

His accomplishments in WCW are amazing. I especially enjoyed his feud with Chris Benoit that resulted in a Best of 7 series of matches. I think that we really have to compare the two eras head to head.

WCW Tag Career:
10 time tag champ w/ Stevie Ray

WWE Tag Career:
1 time WCW tag champ w/ Test
3 times WWE tag champ w/ Test, Goldust, and RVD

*WCW gets the nod here as Harlem Heat was a real tag team. The had a lengthy run and were in no way transitional champions. They complemented each other perfectly. Tag runs with Test and Goldust barely count.

WCW Singles Career:
1 time US champ
6 time TV champ
4 time World Champ

WWE Singles Career:
1 time WCW champ
1 time intercontinental champ
3 times US Champ
2 time Hardcore champ
1 time King of the Ring

*Again, WCW has to get the nod here. Booker T was WCW World Champion in a very difficult time. He constantly rose to the top of a company that had no idea where it was going. He was one guy they could count on. Booker's US and TV titles in WCW are when the belts still meant something. They were highly sought after, and he put on fantastic matches in trying to win and defend them. Booker's WWE World title was good, but it came during his terrible King Booker gimmick. The hardcore titles do not matter or factor into the determination. Booker's IC title came at a time when the IC strap didn't mean that much and had lost some value. Booker's US title runs in WWE are not memorable at all.

Hell, Booker T's first Wrestlemania appearance (WrestleMania X8 against Edge) had a ridiculous plot. They feuded over who would appear in a fictional Japanese shampoo commercial. Terrible...

Booker T accomplished more when he was with WCW, while he did accomplish things in WWE, he wasn't at the same level as the time with WCW.

WCW nearing the end had him treated like a main event guy, he was winning world championships, something he only did during the start, and nearing the end of his WWE run, Booker T was mostly left to the upper mid-card during his WWE stint, and that I think hurts his position to be regarded as superior in WWE compared to WCW.

So my vote goes for WCW.

If it wasn't for King Booker, or the stupid shampoo commercial feud, I'd say Booker T in WWE

But, those both pretty much ruined it for me. And plus, Booker T in WCW was a lot more important to the company than Booker T in WWE

Booker T was always the hard worker, he never made it to the top. He was in the WCW Tag-Team ranks with Harlem Heat for so many years. Then he was in the TV Title and US Title ranks. I don't think anybody expected him to be fighting for the WCW Title the night he won it.

WCW. He was too much of a comedy act in WWE. Besides WWE built upon Booker T based on his main event status in the last days of WCW other than that, they probably would've shoved him to the side like most of the other WCW talent. In WCW, Booker T just came across more serious and more as an athlete. In WWE, he was entertaining as hell and built himself into a well rounded entertainer but he just seemed like a side show. Not to mention, his inring work in WWE dramatically changed. In WCW, Booker T's workrate was off the charts whereas in WWE, he seemed to be held back and lazy in the ring. WCW by a mile for Booker T. Now Can you Dig That Sucka!!!

WCW. I don't remember anything about Booker's title win in WWE other than it being at the GAB and it being over Rey. He was champion during a very dark time for Smackdown and did nothing at all of note. He was at least a somebody in WCW where we watched him rise through the rankings. In something of a way he was the Rock/HBK of WCW but that's another argument for later on. As for this though, it's one sided: his time in WCW was light years better than his time in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back