• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WCW Invasion

they can have something similar to an invasion angle or wcw/nwo. sure they can bring in a few guys like the stieners, buff. and you already have wcw talent within the company. dont see goldberg ever doing a tna angle simply because hes negotiating hall of fame and one last match with the wwe. back to my point. it dont have to be an invasion. think of it as the new nwo maybe renaming themselves and just tearing through tna but in the end put over younger talent. someting similar to the MEM. another powerful cliq always works. just it be wcw.

I still think that if you make it Hollywood(WCW) vs. Hardcore(ECW), it would be a pretty cool faction war. Here would be the teams:

Hollywood (WCW)-
Hulk Hogan
Kevin Nash
Ric Flair
Eric Bischoff
with new TNA recruits-Abyss & Fortune

EV2.0-
Tommy Dreamer
Mick Foley
Sandman
Sabu
Stevie Richards
Raven

Then you bring in a TNA/face group that wins out in the end. This group would consist of:
Jeff Jarrett
Sting
Rob Van Dam
Samoa Joe
Jeff Hardy
Rhyno

Now, of course, you'd have some heel & face turns to make this happen, but what good wrestling faction war doesn't have a few of those? What do you all think?

no nono no noooooooo. you guys are so bitter over the habitual rehashes of the past decade your burned out on the invasion but thats not fair. None of you hae ever see an invasion. The closest you older guys like dangerous dave have seen to that would have to be unification bouts betwen NWA and AWA champs or AWA and WWWF champs. The closest we have seen was ECW's invasion of the WWF c. 1997. The only legit example i can think of was when Douglas threw down the NWA belt. Switching up on the NWA and its brass there constitutes something real close to an invasion.

ECW ONS was technically an occupation but with hostilities still present it was close to a second/third ecw invasion. Hardcore Justice althought highly unoriginal is basically summed up as a get togethor of TNA who share the common denominator of being ECW alumni. Being an alum is different from being a beligerant in some inter-promotional war..

The best thing TNA can do stave off anymore controversy over their originality outright is basically to allow the ex-ECW guys to celebrate their style and heritage as well as their new home and their goal of bringing what they know and have learned to TNA to AID IT in its endeavors.

After the above intentions have been made clear as no to confuse fans ex WCW guys can balk at this display. The way to start a WCW invasion is for the issue of the alliance's inability to take over the WWF to be used as a reason to hate the ECW guys.

Everyoe s TNA, with the legal disolusion of WCW and ECW they have no choice but to be TNA, TNA already is at war with WWE, both factions have past experience dealing with the WWF/WWE, the conflict will stim from TNA-WCW guys believing TNA-ECW guys don'thave leadership skills and will take away from TNA's efforts to conquer WWE.

1.This way we cn still stay focused on TNA because duh we are in TNA

2. We can avoid a good deal of debate on whether or not TNA is a copycat fed.

3. We can have a logical reason to justify incorperating TNA originals.

4. With the defeat of the factions the storyline will mesh with legit management descions which would be to release under performing wrestlers. This is good for a storyline that needs to end with the "invaders' being exiled.

5. Another reason the Alliance's defeat must be kept a focal point is because We can avoid questioning the realism of the storyline. Real talk I dont care who Dixie has had eat supper with her family or what type of repor they have, if WCW called they'd bounce Sting, Nash, and all, and if ECW was truly and legally back RVD and the like would be out as soon as contracts permitted. Thats just real talk. Its not personal but wrestlers are usually loyal to specific companies, thats reality. Fans knowing that these wrestlers are only in TNA because their is no second ship to jump ship to hurts the storyline and makes TNA look sorry. If WCW and ECW talent dont like TNA why should any fan?

6. A struggle over war plans between these lieutenants would show TNA ie the general is still serious about being number one. This would be a perfect buildup to TNA returning to monday nights. In effect the passion displayed in the conflict would "pump up" the General and giving him a new out look as well as making him more brazin then ever.

the invasion would actually give TNA alot of tools to work with, and for once instead of ECW and WCW guys suckng the life out of promotions TNA can slurp up their remaining star power then terminate them.

there perfect :)

P.S. Mick should remain neutral because hes like 15% wCw, 15% ECW, 5% Japan, and 65% WWF/E.

You wouldn't actually have to call it a WCW Invasion, it could just be the fact that this certain group of guys used to work for a certain company that they ran into the ground. I'd say most wrestling fans would know exactly what they were talking about and move on.

It'd be nice if the Main Event Mafia was still around to kind of use as the WCW group, since that's pretty much what it was outside of Kurt Angle.

MEM members were-
Kurt Angle (from WWE)
Sting (WCW)
Booker T (WCW)
Scott Steiner (WCW then nWo)
Kevin Nash (nWo)

It wouldn't have to be this group, all I was saying was that most of the group was in WCW, take out Kurt Angle entirely. Eliminate the nWo threat and there you go.

MEM members were-
Kurt Angle (from WWE)
Sting (WCW)
Booker T (WCW)
Scott Steiner (WCW then nWo)
Kevin Nash (nWo)

It wouldn't have to be this group, all I was saying was that most of the group was in WCW, take out Kurt Angle entirely. Eliminate the nWo threat and there you go.

they were all from WWE too, 1 from ECW, from Jim Crocket Promotions. Its just coincidence I mean being WCW alumnidoesn't make one a "WCWite"..

they were all from WWE too, 1 from ECW, from Jim Crocket Promotions. Its just coincidence I mean being WCW alumnidoesn't make one a "WCWite"..

Honestly, if you really want to get technical, everybody has to start somewhere, and it is EXTREMELY rare that a wrestler will start out on the "major league" level of pro wrestling. I understand what you're saying, but I also think you're being a bit picky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back