WCW 1999: minor hint on the Sting vs. heel Steiner Brothers feud at GAB '99

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP

Pre-Show Stalwart
Lex Luger made a surprise return from his torn biceps injury (last seen during the nWo Wolfpac Elite angle) on a May 1999 episode of WCW Monday Nitro when Sting had a throwaway match with Rick Steiner (now with a bandana and a couple of new catchphrases: "You Want Some, Come Get Some" and "You Don't Like Me, Bite Me!" that ended with Scott Steiner's run-in and both Steiners ended up cornering Sting.

Guess who came out to run them off? Lex Luger, even though his allegiance at that point wasn't known. He didn't even wrestle full-time until August 1999 though, but he did appear to be a babyface for that night on Nitro by helping Sting fend off the Steiner Brothers.

After all the times that happened with Sting and Luger during the nWo days defending WCW's honor, I don't think fans were ready for Luger's heel turn in 1999 by joining up with the nWo Wolfpac Elite. They thought Luger's short lived run in nWo Wolfpac Elite ended with Rey Mysterio, Jr. slamming the car door on Luger's torn biceps to put him out of commission. The WCW fans still didn't take to Hogan when he reverted back to Hulk Hogan, given all the kayfabe trouble that he caused in '96-'99, and also that his initial Hulkamania face run in WCW fell flat from 1994-95 to 1995-96.

After nWo Wolfpac Elite ended with Konnan being kicked out by Luger, Luger being injured by Rey Mysterio, Scott Hall incurring a broken foot when a car backed out and crushed it at SuperBrawl IX, Hollywood Hogan being injured by Diamond Dallas Page at Spring Stampede '99, Kevin Nash quietly leaving the group and Buff Bagwell being kicked out by Scott Steiner...
,...Scott Steiner was the last remaining member of the nWo Wolfpac Elite standing, and he inducted his own brother Rick into the nWo Wolfpac Elite, even though Rick was not a fully indoctrinated member of the Wolfpac Elite much like how Bret Hart (I will now call, Bret Hard) wasn't a fully indoctrinated member of nWo Hollywood for most of 1998-99.

The nWo begins with The Outsiders and officially ends with the Steiner Brothers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back