Was the creation of WCW the saviour of the WWE?

Did the compition of WCW save WWE?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Billie Jean

Mr.Wrestlemania
Again if this has been done please can you delete it. I could not find it anywhere. I was wondering weather or not to put this in the WWE section but this could be an event that could have changed the whole landscape of wrestling as we know it, so I only feel it suitable that we place it in the General Wrestling section.

As many of you will know, WCW Nitro was once a wrestling show that aired on Monday nights going head to head with WWF Monday Night Raw. This show if it was successful in defeating the WWF, which it almost was, would have changed the wrestling industry forever. But many controversial moments in their history caused to their demise.

I feel this is a very good topic considering what is going on just now with WWE and TNA.

Back to the topic through, WWE was huge in the eighties. But their rating and the ratings of wrestling in general started to heavily increase in the nineties. The world of professional wrestling was at an all time low.

Now the question I ask you is, would World Wrestling Entertaiment still be here today if it were not for Nitro?

I know Nitro nearly put them out of business, but if no one was there to push WWF, would the networks at the time just get sick of wrestlings low ratings and cancel it.

I feel that it would still be here today, but there would have been no attitude era or anything in memory we hold dear to us.

Was the creation of WCW the Saviour of the WWE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back