• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Warrior responds to Vince

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Looks like Warrior and WWE could 'do business'.

A lot of people suggesting a legends deal but aren't his figures already created and in circulation? He may be 54, you could never rule out a match either. A surprise Rumble entrant? Maybe he could represent McMahon at WM30!!! More likely he will be the big name getting inducted into the HOF. I think we will see Warrior on WWE TV at some point...

@VinceMcMahon Vince, thank you for your personal welcome back to the WWE Universe. It is noted and appreciated. All the Warriors of Parts Unknown take pride in being one of the original galaxies of the Universe you created. Not one of my days has passed without a flashback to my time in the business and my relationship with you. After 17 years of battling one another, perhaps the stars have finally aligned and Destiny is prepared to tell one of Sports Entertainment's greatest stories: how two of the industry's most determined, colorful, intense and explosive personalities brought to life a persona that made such an inspiring impression that it still captures the hearts and minds of fans all over the world, even all these years later. I am proud Ultimate Warrior is an iconic, immortal spirit in the Universe you created. I know, Vince McMahon, you are proud, too. The inhabitants of your WWE Universe believe your personal welcome is an invitation of sorts. If so, consider this my RSVP with one condition. Wisdom takes a seat at the table with us when we meet, but we each also leave unburied a slight edge of the hatchet we've carried over the years. that other gutless and heartless God-fearing men urge us to lay to rest forever. Face it, neither one of us were ever any good at being bored or boring others. So coming prepared to kill one another makes for a interesting backup plan. Always Believe, Warrior "

Looks like Warrior and WWE could 'do business'.

A lot of people suggesting a legends deal but aren't his figures already created and in circulation? He may be 54, you could never rule out a match either. A surprise Rumble entrant? Maybe he could represent McMahon at WM30!!! More likely he will be the big name getting inducted into the HOF. I think we will see Warrior on WWE TV at some point...

As far as figures and video games, those licensing deals were done with the toy and game makers, not WWE. This, however, is a whole new ballgame. This is Vince and Warrior acknowledging each other respectfully with a wink and nod. I certainly wouldn't rule anything out now. No telling what kinds of private conversations they've had. A Hall of Fame spot is all but assured, and I'm all for him making a TV appearance. Long overdue.

MtBqezi.jpg

I watched the interview with the Warrior on WWE.com and he does seem genuinely pleased to be "working" with the WWE again after all these years, and is grateful to the fans for still loving the character after all these years.

I think if he remains on good terms with McMahon then he will be an inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame next year, which he definitely deserves. Along with Savage (and until recently Sammartino), Warrior not being in the HOF left a gaping hole so hopefully this will happen and he can be deservedly inducted this year.

I think he will make an appearance on TV, plenty of other legends of a similar age do so why not? As for a match....a Royal Rumble entry maybe but that's all. I dont really want to see another Ultimate Warrior match.

To be honest, as someone who has followed the Warrior with an interest over the years, I think Savage's death really badly affected him. After Savage died, he made a video which was quite touching, and I think it made him realise that a lot of the bile and negativity he felt wasn't really very constructive at all, and perhaps that the wrestling community wasn't all bad. I don't know, I'm speculating, but since then, I've noticed a thawing in a lot of the way he speaks.

The Ultimate Warrior is far and away one of the biggest stars in the history of professional wrestling, and I think more than anything else, he's possibly the second most charismatic wrestler ever, after Ho Kogan. I think the fact is, Sammartino, Savage and him where the three ex-champions that have never really been welcome and the three that people most often talk of being absent from the Hall of Fame. Sammartino has buried the hatchet and Savage is dead so he is the only living outcast from WWE. It is in everyone's interest for that to be rectified. Warrior is too single minded to be of use backstage or anything, plus I don't think he really cares about wrestling, but he is TV gold, and definitely worth seeing in the hall of fame preparations next year. The crowd would go apeshit to see him lay out Heath Slater.

I'm sure Triple H would like to forget but didn't he beat him in 12 seconds or something at Wrestlemania?

I'm not keen to see another Warrior match either I think the days of run to the ring, shake the ropes, pick someone up, drop them, splash, pin, shake the ropes some more and leave are best left behind.

One last crazy Warrior promo would be funny though....

But seriously I hope he goes into the H.O.F next year and if a deal can be worked out for Hogan to induct him that would be brilliant.

To be honest, as someone who has followed the Warrior with an interest over the years, I think Savage's death really badly affected him. After Savage died, he made a video which was quite touching, and I think it made him realise that a lot of the bile and negativity he felt wasn't really very constructive at all, and perhaps that the wrestling community wasn't all bad. I don't know, I'm speculating, but since then, I've noticed a thawing in a lot of the way he speaks.

I think that goes both ways, as Savage's death likely made Vince realize that he needs to get as many legends in the Hall as possible before they're in the grave. Regardless of the circumstances of their falling out, Vince knows that Macho Man on stage giving one last "Oooh Yeah!" would have been a great moment, and that Randy and the fans deserved it.

I'm sure Triple H would like to forget but didn't he beat him in 12 seconds or something at Wrestlemania?

You're right about Warrior squashing Hunter, but wrong about Hunter wanting to forget:

Triple H said:
"It's funny, a lot of people bring that up in a negative way like it was this terrible thing in my life. While working with him personally wasn't the highlight of my life from a business standpoint, for me to go to my first WrestleMania and wrestle a legendary figure in the business -- and that is what he was and is -- like the Ultimate Warrior, a Hall of Fame superstar in the business in my first WrestleMania appearance, squash or not, was a mind blowing thing for me. I was thrilled to be in that position and to have that match with the Ultimate Warrior. I was thrilled with the fact that at that time Vince McMahon was willing to put me in that role. The Ultimate Warrior wasn't there till the day of the show, so I had to do all the promotion for that match. I wanted Vince McMahon to look at me as a guy he could count on to handle the return of a guy that he was hoping would be a huge impact on the business. He had the trust in me and I would do a good job with it. So to me, that was nothing but a good experience. Potentially, I could bring him back and get the win."

As far as figures and video games, those licensing deals were done with the toy and game makers, not WWE. This, however, is a whole new ballgame. This is Vince and Warrior acknowledging each other respectfully with a wink and nod. I certainly wouldn't rule anything out now. No telling what kinds of private conversations they've had. A Hall of Fame spot is all but assured, and I'm all for him making a TV appearance. Long overdue.

MtBqezi.jpg

Yeah that is a game changer and he's pretty much guaranteed to be the featured inductee in the HOF this year.

I'm not a fan of his whatsoever, but I'll admit that he deserves to be there.

It would be fitting if they could get Savage inducted this year too. Warrior always had his best matches with Savage... because unlike most workers of that era, Savage liked to script out his matches start to finish, and Warrior was always a guy that could follow direction well.

In fact... maybe even go a step further and have Pat Patterson induct him. After all... without Patterson laying out Warriors big matches for him (in more detail than he did for anyone else), I doubt that Warrior ever would have made it. Besides, with how little the guy is liked or respected by the people he worked with back in the day, I don't know who you'd find to induct him (without having to pay through the nose).

Yeah you can tell I really don't like the guy, but it is really hard to justify keeping him out of the HOF.

....I think Savage's death really badly affected him. After Savage died, he made a video which was quite touching, and I think it made him realise that a lot of the bile and negativity he felt wasn't really very constructive at all, and perhaps that the wrestling community wasn't all bad.

That's a kind thought and it would be nice if that's what truly behind this apparent "thaw."

Yet, I point back to Bruno Sammartino. As much as I believed he should have been a part of WWE all these years, I doubt Bruno's sincerity in suddenly deciding to return to the fold so suddenly and surprisingly. I think he was offered a huge sum of money to announce he had changed his mind and would come back to WWE because he had decided they were "family friendly" after all. WWE wasn't really doing anything different; what spurred Bruno to say they were?

Money really does talk, and I wonder if that's the case with Jim Hellwig, too. He was such a lunatic both in and out of the ring for so many years....and so bitter toward the profession that he wasted a couple decades growing old in his home rather than entertaining us and enriching himself. Even if he appears in a WWE ring tomorrow, nothing can make up for the wasted years. Too bad for him.....too bad for us.

I like Tastycles' idea, and hope Warrior's return would have more to do with his being affected by Randy Savage's mortality causing him look at his own, but I suppose even if it's just a matter of money, it's no skin off our butts because we don't have to pay it (not directly, anyway).

I enjoy seeing legends coming back to WWE.....and if stubborn old farts like Bruno and Warrior can be enticed back, I guess Vince McMahon can do just about anything.

I remember Bret talking about carrying that big back of rocks in reference to his spat with Vince and then getting the phone call from VKM when he had the stroke. They are getting old, and you just don't wanna die a bitter old man. Warrior has a great legacy in the WWE and deserves his spot.

At this point the HOF class of Mania 30 looks great. Owen's widow has patched her differences. Warrior's here. Paul Bearer (RIP) is there already.

One last thing about Warrior. I wish to God there's a Rumble appearance. Match, maybe maybe not. You could have a match where he is protected and shit like a tag match but really a part of the Rumble last 4 would suffice.

I wouldn't mind seeing Warrior wrestle at least one match. Or be involved in some sort of angle. Unlike some of the legends that come back, Warrior still looks to be in very good shape. His hair is shorter, but he doesn't look THAT old with the makeup on.

Plus, since he hates Hogan with a passion, Warrior going back to the E would be a nice dagger to put in Hogan's back.

Really would be something to see Warrior have a spot in the Rumble next year. If it got to be too many guys needing the work that night, they could always make it a 40 Man Rumble again. Hopefully we'll see Jake Roberts and Scott Hall appear too, they've made such phenomenal turnarounds in their lives staying sober and losing weight.

I mean, it's the Rumble starting the Road to WrestleMania XXX.... it's gotta be an all-out effort. The three of them have been away for so long, that place would come unglued.

They are doing the "courtship" dance, but in reality Warrior in particular knows he has been a dick at times - and if anyone has to be "nice" he is... but he is right in his "let's not play too nice" idea - people want to see him face off with Vince, just as they did with Bret - sure no match but on the mic...

BUT I can also see why guys like DiBiase will have a big issue with this, mainly cos he is basically taking Savage's spot... the best thing Warrior can do is NOT go into the HOF this year but come out and (with Lanny's blessing hopefully) say he is gonna induct Randy (the Poffo's too if needed). Then when he does that without going "rant", he gets his slot the following year... that is fair...

If he's gonna wrestle, it has to be meaningful - give it to Barrett and have him win and win big... don't let it be the Trip's getting the win back or even worse squashing 3MB... Warrior shows up does a job but to someone like Barrett who hasn't found the right groove- beating the Warrior could make him stellar (if Taker isn't prepared to do the favour instead).

If Warrior is willing to do it and do it all as he is asked, he'll make a lot of money with WWE this time for little actual hard work - but at the end of the day Vince is in the best position here, he is "out of it" with talent - Trips is doing it and that can be his play, "Jim (yuk yuk laugh) I never had a problem but I am not the man who makes that call now, things moved on and that guy did you a big favour once already..."

That really sums it up...

While i have my opinions on Warrior most of them not good i am glad to see He and Vince are burying the hatchet. If Randys untimely death had an affect on him,then its good. Warrior for along time was bitter and a very arrogant individual. I absolutely loved the WM 7 match as im sure it was warriors best match ever. No one wants to die a bitter individual,life is too short.

This does all but assure,his spot in the HOF at next years WM me thinks. But i do have one small problem with it. He should not get in before Savage,Undertaker,the Rock,Paul Bearer,other than that i have no problem with him being inducted. As far as one more match,sure i be down for that. As long as he was protected,he could go whoop heath slaters ass or be in a tag team. Jim Warrior Hellwig is a HOF but at 54,is he in any kind of wrestling shape? Im sure a little padding of the pocket changed his mind as well,but i digress

imagine the fucking POP if Ultimate Warrior was in the 2014 Royal Rumble, UNANNOUNCED.....Now that would be a friggin moment. He is in still great shape, with the facepaint and tassles etc it would mask alot of the aging. Hell Warrior hitting the rin and eliminating The Sheild say all at once, then turning around and a 1-1 staredown with Undertaker, or a HHH.......an old time sake pop. Not saying at all he should win, but the pop Diesel and Booker got a couple of years ago would pale to what sort of riot like action the crowd would go through if Warriors music hit and he ran to the ring for a Rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back