War Games

kennyg9

Pre-Show Stalwart
Anybody remember back in the days of WCW when they had their pay-per-view Fall Brawl War Games....2 rings and one cage that resembles the current hell in a cell on covers both rings. You got 2 teams of 4 guys and every maybe 5 min a guy from one team enters and you rotate the entrance.

I think WWE should bring this back in a Raw vs. Smackdown format.

What are your thoughts on this and participants?

Man that would be really cool to see that shit again....plus like u say it could be smackdown vs. raw...the ratings would shoot up th roof.

[U]Raw[/U]
John Cena
Kane
Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton

Smackdown
Batista
Lashley
rey mysterio
Kennedy

What do you think????

Would be a GREAT idea. I wish we could pitch ideas like this to the heads of the WWE. I rememeber that PPV . I also wish they would bring back Halloween Havoc. It seems like something always happened on that PPV. The WWE brought back the Great American Bash, why not rename some of their other PPV to the old formats. Like-Unforgiven would be WAR GAMES and No Mercy could be Halloween Havoc and New Years Revelution could be Starcade

I would love to see War Games again, it was my favorite specialty match that WCW put on each year at Fall Brawl. As far as teams for RAW vs. SMACKDOWN....

Team RAW
1. Triple H
2. Shawn Michaels
3. John Cena
4. Ric Flair (a veteran of the War Games match)

Team SMACKDOWN
1. The Undertaker
2. Booker T
3. Batista
4. Lashley

^^Halloween Havoc kicked ass

this same conversation took place all day in another thread about ECW joining the survivor series. That's why no one is responding to it.

what about a triple-threat brand war games match with raw vs. smackdown vs. ecw.

team raw

john cena
hhh
hbk
kane
edge

team smackdown

batista
lashely
mr. kennedy
the undertaker
rey misterio

team ecw

the big show
rvd
sabu
cm punk
kurt angle(if he's back)

Sorry havent been on here all day but you got to admit it War Games was always a good match to watch...

Team Raw
John Cena(captain)
DX
Randy Orton

Team Smackdown
Undertaker(captain)
Rey
Batista
Kennedy

....this is what i would like to see
....but this is the type of match that can create stars if the wwe would maybe put 1 or 2 mid carders on each team to propel them to main event status

Raw, Flair {Cap. because he has had this match how many times} HHH, HBK,Carlito or Umaga........Smackdown Undertaker {Cap.} Batista because i can't think of anybody else unless Benoit is healthy then he takes Batista's spot, Lashley, and KENNEDY......ECW, RVD {cap. cuz he is ECW} TOmmy Dreamer, Sandman, Sabu......plus this leaves all of the heavyweight champions so they can defend their titles since it would obviosly be a PPV

actually i think you would probably be able to include the champions because I think you would just have the interpromotion participants for the War Games. this wouldnt be like SumerSlam or WrestleMania. It would be like Unforgiven or No Mercy , where it was actaully a particular brands PPV

War Games would be a better idea for TNA. TNA is the future of wrestling not WWe

I have to disagree with you on that one. TNA already has the Ultimate X matches and they already have pretty cool cage matches. I think if they got someting like War Games it would just flood the average idea of a cage match. Cage matches back in the day were the last resorts to settle feuds so I think the WWE needs to utlize them more. Especially maybe using them at the last PPV of the year to settle a long lasting feud. maybe even at a WM.

There are plenty of cage match ideas that are ripoffs. Namely Hell in a Cell. It's just a knockoff of the old WCW Thunderdome cage match from the late eighties/early nineties. Either way, I'd still love to see some of the old WCW gimmick matches in use again. War Games, World War 3, and Battlebowl are a few of the formats I'd like to see again.

World War 3 was always good. The last one I rememeber seeing was involving the NWo getting control. MAN that was so long ago. The PPV itself was a great idea and had na wonderful format. Too bad WWE doesnt want to use it

This would be great. My oppinion on the teams would be:

RAW
HHH
HBK
Kane
Cena( I like him now because of the recent RAW with DX)

Smackdown!
Undertaker
Batista
Bobby Lashley
Booker T

ECW
Balls Mahoney
Tommy Dreamer
Rob Van Dam
The Sandman

Those are the best superstars from all the shows, I like the ECW selection but they would get their asses handed to them on a silver platter. It would be close between RAW and Smackdown! I would love to see this. I would like for it to be at Survivor Series.

Hell In a Cell, and all the current stuff that Vince is doing is childs play compaired to War Games. I think Vince isn't willing to risk 8 top stars in such a match.

It will be very interesting to see how they place the ECW faction in the mix at the Survivor Series. They always usually have some kinda catch or clause for the match. Whatever it is I believe the ECW branch will bring a interesting element to the PPV

frank281 said:
Man that would be really cool to see that shit again....plus like u say it could be smackdown vs. raw...the ratings would shoot up th roof.

[U]Raw[/U]
John Cena
Kane
Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton

Smackdown
Batista
Lashley
rey mysterio
Kennedy

What do you think????

What about adding ECW in the mix?

ECW
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Tommy Dreamer
Sandman

Well for it to make sense to me it. you dont have to call it smackdown vs Raw just find 4 heels and 4 faces that dont like each other even a mix of brands on both teams. like back in wcw it was NWO vs 4 horseman. theres no point to put 8 random guys out there if theres no storyline behind it.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board. anyway, I think this would be a great idea, Raw vs Smackdown vs ECW would be brilliant.

Also, do you think that if WWF were to go with a DX vs nWo fued at some point, a DX vs nWo in a War Games match would be good? (unlikely I know, but nevermind, just a thought).

Sorry, WWE. Old habits and all that.

Does anyone remember War Games from like 92 or 93? The teams were Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Dustin Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, & Barry Windham VS Ravishing Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, "Stunning" Steve Austin & Larry Zybisco. Dustin Rhodes shoved AA's head in between the two rings!! Steve Austin and Ricky Steamboat were battling the hole time, simply a classic!

War games was a good idea but its old. It was a Dusty Rhodes invention just like the Great American Bash. I dont think WWE wants to steal anymore of Dusty's ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back