Wade Barrett - World Champion in 2011?

FSWWE

Championship Contender
Wade Barrett was the breakout star in the WWE in 2010...

He was part and leader of the Original Nexus, one of the greatest thing in 2010 as well, that made such an high impact that they were nominated by PWI as Best Feud: Nexus vs WWE!!
Right after a stupid booking, they made him losing the leadership to CM Punk, and after that he appears here on SmackDown and form a new group called The Corre.
He won the Intercontinental Champion against Kofi Kingston on SmackDown and he had a tag team match in WrestleMania...
After that, The Corre started to be interesting, someone wanted the leadership, Wade and Ezekiel Jackson, however The Corre is a group of equals and that made the group look like they were breaking up, however Wade Barret, Justin Gabriel and Slater just destroyed Ezekiel Jackson, not once but twice...
He is one of the great reasons to stay tunned in SmackDown, he has a great look, a great mic skills and he is a good wrestler.

So what I want to know is...

• Do you think that Wade Barret is a mid-carder, upper-mid-carder or main event level?

[*]Do you think Wade Barret will be World Champion in 2011?
    [*]If you think, tell me how and when do you think he will be champion.

Personally I think Barrett is nothing more than a Mid card talent at best. I have not been impressed by him at all I feel he was shoved down the throats of WWE fans. The only reason he got heat was because he was facing Cena. I put him in the same boat as Sheamus two guys forced on people who for all there so called potential to me havent showed they deserve or can handle or carry the strap and have a title reign that actually means something.

Personally I think Barrett is nothing more than a Mid card talent at best. I have not been impressed by him at all I feel he was shoved down the throats of WWE fans. The only reason he got heat was because he was facing Cena. I put him in the same boat as Sheamus two guys forced on people who for all there so called potential to me havent showed they deserve or can handle or carry the strap and have a title reign that actually means something.

I would agree with you if Sheamus hadn't improved massively in the past year, I think he's capable of putting on a main event caliber match these days... his matches are always amongst the most intriguing and entertaining on the card these days.

I think that Barrett could get to a main event level, but he's been made to look weak. After the failure of the Nexus,I thought that the Corre would be what the Nexus should have been. However it soon became Barrett, Slater and Gabriel getting their asses kicked, then Zeke would come in and clean house. Now that Zeke's left, the Corre looks weaker than ever.

As a result, I don't know if I can seen Barrett at a main event this year unless he's booked as being dominant, which won't happen. The Wasteland is lame as well.

The question isn't if he will be champion it is if they would mess it up like Alberto Del Rio winning the royal rumble and then doing nothing with him or like christian as champ

Now that Jericho has left, only CM Punk can match him on the mic. Barrett was an absolute revelation last year and was amazing and looked very much the part as John Cena's foil. He has the size to match it and look credible against the top stars in WWE and I beelive is definately a main eventer, especially on Smackdown.

Barrett's gimmick is that he is a strategist and made even the IWC think he was better than Bryan Danielson on the first season of NXT which he deserved to win head and shoulders above everyone. He is the furutre of the WWE and sooner or later he will be a World Champion.

I view Wade Barrett as a main event mega-star that they are misusing horribly

Do I THINK he'll be champ in 2011? I donno , hard to say with this idiot booking that goes on but I hope he will be

I definitely see Wade as main event material but right now I am glad he has not become World Heavyweight Champion. I think he needs to break away from stables for a while and prove himself as a singles superstar. I really like him and hope he becomes Champion but I would like him to develop even more first. He needs a good run of wins over superstars higher up the ladder than himself and one big leg up into the main event.. a big win over Triple H or something I feel.

Hopefully the first British WWE Champion ever.

I see him as an upper midcarder. Someone who will make a bigger impact than guys like Drew McIntyre and Kofi Kingston, but not touch the world title.

Wade Barrett is main event level. He had a great first year in 2010 as the leader of the original Nexus and his immediate push to the world title scene against Orton. Working with guys like Cena and Orton was good for Barrett and he is way above the IC title he currently holds. I think he will be champion in 2011. Either he will feud with and defeat Orton late in the year like he originally was going to in 2010.... or he might win Smackdown's MITB match and cash that in. Either way I think Barrett will be a world champion by december due to him having already been ready for such a push a year ago.

i dont think he'll win it this year but he's a definite future main eventer his promos are amazing and if it weren't for the horrible booking he would have probably still been in the main event picture

Barrett established himself as a main eventer last year. Though he hasn't been there in a while and currently holds a midcard title, he's a guy that I could easily believe losing the IC title and immediately going after the WHC and Orton.
That said, I do believe Barrett will win the world title this year. He's ready and imo seems like the most obvious person to take the title from Orton at some point. It may happen as early as Summerslam or maybe Orton gets a long reign into the fall where Barrett takes it at or around Survivor Series, but I definitely see it happening. I saw it mentioned that he could win Mitb but I would rather that go to someone like Rhodes who is on the cusp of a true main eventer but not there yet. Barrett is above Mitb and I'd rather just see him earn a shot at the title, build a program with Orton, and finally win the WHC.

I think instead of offing him or giving him a few mid card runs they need to have him hold on to the IC title. A run like macho mans,honky tonk man,or even like eith of the warriors runs would suit him. He should hold on to that belt win the SD money in the bank, cash it in at mania,Win the whc and be forced to vacate the IC belt. I think that would be good for both him and the IC belt. I hate seeing the mid card belts tossed around like they often are its time they mean something again. Wade taking credit for this would be elevated even more.

i think barret will become world champ this year and i think it will come towards the end of the year the ppv in either november or december and then he will have about 4 or 5 runs with the title in the next 6 or 7 years

Wade Barrett is defintely a potential main event-er. He's has everything necessary to be a future champ, charisma, attitude, strength, personality and wrestling skills. The only thing is that as long as he's a part of a group(Corre) then he will never branch out and become champion. When that happens, it's going to be game over for those in the title hunt.

Do you think that Wade Barret is a mid-carder, upper-mid-carder or main event level?
At this moment in time at best he is a upper-mid carder but could easily be elevated back up to a main eventer. Anyone can look at his past feuds (with the Nexus behind him all be it) and see he can carry himself in that picture. He's great on the mic, has a great look and is half decent in the ring.
Do you think Wade Barret will be World Champion in 2011?
In answer to this question, it's hard to say. At this moment in time i would have to say no, the only big break i can see from him this year is winning Money in the Bank. Wade firstly needs to break out on his own, to prove he can cut it without backing from others. I wouldn't see him as a credible challenge in his current state as he struggles to get a win cleanly on his own. Now i understand heels are supposed to be conniving and cheat to win but even the Miz has proven he can win a match cleanly without any interference. This made the Miz a credible champion, Wade needs to follow along the same lines and win his matches without interference, which of course would mean breaking up the Corre. Where this leaves Heath Slater? Back where he belongs, FCW.

On a side note - Zack Ryder needs a push! WWWYKI. :worship:

(First reply, don't criticize me too much bro)

If the cards were in Wades favor he would of won the WWE title during his time on RAW, when he was in a feud with Cena. All the steam and momentum he had was lost when he was beat by Cena, and moved to Smackdown.

Barrett needs a lot of work before he's ready to main event, and he needs even more before he gets anywhere near a WHC title push/run.

1) a mid carder, i would go as low to say he is a jobber. he is poor inring and is so dreadfully annoying on the mic, the only person worse to listen to on the mic is the miz.
2) i hope he doesnt, he truly doesnt deserve it.

Wade Barrett was the breakout star in the WWE in 2010...

He is one of the great reasons to stay tunned in SmackDown, he has a great look, a great mic skills and he is a good wrestler.

Gotta disagree with you there. In the ring he lumbers about like a drunken frankenstein's mosnster. He's not bad on the mic, but I haven't heard him on the mic in quite some time, and hoping that he will get some mic time is certainly not a strong reason on its own to tune into Smackdown. And I will concede that he has gotten much better in the ring since he was leading the nexus, but he's still a bore to watch.

Maybe there's a future for barrett, but it seems like it's not uncommon in the WWE for someone to get a massive push, it fizzles, and they get dumped down to midcard status...it seems to be really difficult for them to climb back into the main event scene. Look at poor Kofi, for example, or Jack Swagger. Drew Mcintyre, even koslov or khali.

No, I think Barrett's time in the sun has passed. I'm not sure what happened. Him getting kicked out of the nexus would have been good if he had been given a chance to shine on smackdown but for whatever reason (maybe because he still kind of sucked in the ring) they saddled him with nexus version 2.0 and fizzled. I don't see him being champion anytime soon...probably the closest he'll get is being a random entrant into a triple threat or fatal fourway for a championship when they need another body.

If Miz can make it work, I don't see why Barrett couldn't. Miz hasn't had a great match in his entire career, and is still one of the top guys in the business. Barrett can interview/promo as well as Miz (who is terribly overrated in that aspect), so I think it's possible.

I would love to see him dump The Corre. That, or dump the current members, and run with Tarver and Sheffield. Those men are total bad asses, and would provide Wade with legitimate henchmen.

Apart from being a great talker, Wade is more than serviceable in the ring. Once again, he is, at the very least, as good as Miz, if not better. I could see him being Orton's biggest rival by the end of the year. Some didn't like their matches from last year, but I think if given the proper focus, they can work well together. You must keep in mind that last feud wasn't a feud at all.

Barrett has the tools, no question. He's a bit green, but he's been around for over a year now, and he's already been a main event level player. Given a proper change, better supporting players, and a storyline or two, it can work.

I think Wade Barrett is definitly on his way up to being a main event wrestler but at the moment i think he is not quite ready. He needs to break away from the Core and start his own thing by challenging Orton and win without the help of the Core. Having the Core help in basically every match is not showing his full capability and I think if he was not in the Core he will have an even better chance at being a High card character.

Not on Smackdown is your answer I think.

There are a lot of big personalities now on Smackdown and to break through the glass ceiling, he's going to need to capture more heat than anyone else. Now my issue is, since Corre, his heat has pretty much gone.

If he gets moved back to RAW through the year, we MAY find that he could end up becoming a definite main eventer. He fitted RAW better and he could get more potential feuds started there with the smaller, "raw" athletes. I think he'd benefit from a move, and then when The Miz and ADR are out of the picture temporarily (as they'll ALWAYS be there, they're THE heels of the show), Wade comes in and feuds with a major face. RAW could use one more top heel, just one more to really set up all the faces that are over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back