• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Virus help

I Suck Ass

I survived the Rapture
My dad was playing Farkle on Facebook when it started running really slow. Firefox crashed after his game was done, saying dxdiag.exe has crashed. I went into the Control Panel, and there was a process called d-xdiag10bc.exe that was using 80 to 100% of the CPU, which is a Phenom X4 9550. A quick google search told me that it was a virus. I shut down the process and searched dxdiag.exe in the Vista search bar. It found a file in the Windows folder called dxdiag.exe, so I deleted it. Has anyone heard of this process before? And if so, did I do the right thing?

Yeah I've heard of it and had the experience of something similar, and of course you made the right decision deleting it. Dxdiag is a trojan, if you don't know what a trojan is, "It is a harmful piece of software that looks legitimate". In your case dxdiag is what you use to see your computer specs however there is a virus called this as it is a clever disguise. Wise move on deleting it though.

Thanks. I found the file in the windows folder and deleted the whole folder for it. Hasn't popped up since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back