• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince still hates WCW

patriotjay

Pre-Show Stalwart
Was just thinking back on some of the long gone WCW tv productions of the past and how I enjoyed so many of them and just can't help but think,Vince Still hates WCW.I meen think about it in this day of gimmick pay per views WWE throwing shit at the wall hoping somthing sticks while WWE owns all WCW propertys so instead of bringing back Battle bowl:The Leathal Lottery,War Games,and my personal favorite Halloween Havoc(remember spin the wheel make the deal) which I know would work catering to younger viewers kids love Halloween.I just think WCW had a few good ppvs that will never see the light of day cause I believe Vince still hates WCW.Yeah WWE gave The Great American Bash a couple year run then threw it in the dumpster and the U.S title and World title are still in existense I think more out of respect for the guys who wore them then anything else.I just think instead of Fatal 4 ways and Over The Limits bring some of these classic ppvs back and I think a lot more fans then WWE thinks will buy them.

Well the Wwe is trying to target their product toward kids or the younger generation so that could explain why we have not seen classic WCW Ppv.As far as Vince's hatred for WcW think back to when he first aquired the company his words were and I quote: WCW is buried and will remain buried. Does that answer your question ?

It's not so much Vince McMahon hates WCW but more that Vince McMahon hates anything that wasn't created by him. Look at how he changed Goldberg, the nWo and ECW once WWE owned them. He wanted to change them to prove the original sucked and his is better. That's why they have the Elimination Chamber and not War Games. I'd love to see War Games but unless someone can talk him round (and I understand that Triple H is one of those that keeps pressing for War Games) I doubt we'll see them in WWE

Im just sayin theres alot of wrestling fans out there that miss those ppvs and why not bring back a familiar established ppv then some bullshit WWE just pulled out of thin air.I realize theyre catering to kids but atleast half they're fans are adults and adults buy ppvs.keeping WCW buried just for ego is bad buisness imo.I bet if they brought back Halloween Havoc they'd sell atleast 20,000 more ppvs then Bragging Rights will...unless ofcourse they bring back War Games at Bragging Rights.But thats just my wishfull thinking.

I don't think he hates WCW because he really has no reason to. Like someone said earlier, he buried WCW and wants it to stay that way.

He dosent hate WCW but as someone else said if he didnt create it (with a few exceptions) its bad. I think he should use some of those matches though especially War Games as that was always a great match. It would be a smart business decision that could make Vince alot of money (and we all know how much he loves that). Think about it if Vince decided to do a War Games PPV then it would get great buy rates as old school fans would want to see another match and newer fans would be intrigued by the match type. He could even release a best of War Games DVD, I know I'd buy it.

Vince didnt create WCW it was'nt his company it was'nt his idea. Vince can do what he wants with the various copyrights and promotion libraies he owns. WCW was a company from the late 80s through to 2001 which was a great company. But WWE is aiming towards kids 14 and under who would be to young to know what WCW is and how important it was to the wrestling world. Vince changes stuff about the company because he owns the rights and we all know that WWE likes to change the history of wrestling (see History of the World Heavyweight Championship).

WWE is and always has been the best promotion in the world. Im from the north east we are raised on WWE but its not the only wrestling promotion to ever exist and that attitude drives me nuts.The fans aren't stupid we know Vince didn't invent pro wrestling,yes he brought it to the main stream and revolutionized the buisness but he really should show homige to the other innovators in the buisness.Treating WCW like it never existed but meanwhile the WCW world title has been on a WWE wrestler for nearly 10 years.Give me a break,Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and do right by the fans and the whole he's catering to 14 year olds as an excuse to keep WCW in the closet is total bullshit.Yeah 14 year olds don't remember Halloween Havoc or Battle Bowl but they don't remember Roddy Piper,Ricky Steamboat or any other legend that seems to find his way to WWE tv either.So the way I see it the only reason these WCW productions which our WWE property now will never see light of day is because Vince Still Hates WCW plain and simple and we the fan will pay the price.

WWE is and always has been the best promotion in the world. Im from the north east we are raised on WWE but its not the only wrestling promotion to ever exist and that attitude drives me nuts.The fans aren't stupid we know Vince didn't invent pro wrestling,yes he brought it to the main stream and revolutionized the buisness but he really should show homige to the other innovators in the buisness.Treating WCW like it never existed but meanwhile the WCW world title has been on a WWE wrestler for nearly 10 years.Give me a break,Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and do right by the fans and the whole he's catering to 14 year olds as an excuse to keep WCW in the closet is total bullshit.Yeah 14 year olds don't remember Halloween Havoc or Battle Bowl but they don't remember Roddy Piper,Ricky Steamboat or any other legend that seems to find his way to WWE tv either.So the way I see it the only reason these WCW productions which our WWE property now will never see light of day is because Vince Still Hates WCW plain and simple and we the fan will pay the price.

Vince brings back those legends all the time mainly because they were big parts of HIS company back in the day and that man will bend over backwards to toot his own horn. Also the majority of his audience, and the part that he most likely cares about more, are the fans that either have no idea what WCW was, don't care about WCW, or were strict WWF fans during the Monday night war which caused a major brand favoritism. WWF fans despised anything WCW and vice versa, shown greatly by the WWF's audience refusal to cheer for ANY of the WCW wrestlers during the invasion angle and the only person that I have known to get pops from the crowd was RVD and he was an ECW guy. In Vince's mind it should stay dead and that alone will help his ego til the day he dies. The only thing that sounds remotely cool that they could bring back from the WCW days to me was the War Games PPV, it hasn't been done since the end of WCW to my knowledge and if booked well enough it could be a phenomenal event.

Hey Yo!

Vincent Kennedy McMahon has always been egotistical, it was and always will be his way or the highway or YOU'RE FIIIIRED.

Anything not originally thought of or created by Vinnie Mac is considered stupid or less important, take the cruiserweight division for example excellent matches in WCW, in the WWE the division is not existant.

Today's Target audience won't remember Halloween Havoc, Starrcade all that good stuff because quite frankly the target audience is children. Personally Bret Hart's return wasn't as great as it should've been because the children had to ask their parents who the hell he was when he came out.

Hey Yo!
Anything not originally thought of or created by Vinnie Mac is considered stupid or less important, take the cruiserweight division for example excellent matches in WCW, in the WWE the division is not existant.

That's not entirely true for the cruiserweight division, they had the light heavyweight division before it got overtaken by the incoming cruiserweight division when they bought out WCW and that lasted a good 7 years in the WWE. The problem with the cruiserweight division stems from Vince's love for big powerhouse wrestlers and the tall guys that have the McMahon "It" factor. If Vince had a more Luchador/high flying mindset or at least kept bookers on the roster that loved the style then it would probably still be flourishing today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back