• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince in the limo

Bobby B

Time to play the game
Am I the only one that thinks there's anything to be said for them 1) Having Vince show up at the very beginning of the Pay Per View, and 2) Then showing a shot of him getting into the back of the limo before leaving.

For anyone who didn't see Fatal 4 Way, Vince came out at the very start and said that Bret Hart wasn't in the building due to the injuries he sustained on Monday Night Raw. They then showed a video package of the said incident.

Then he walked off as Drew McIntyre's music hit - that was quite a nice piece, but on its own there was zero justification for Vince actually needing to be there. The commentators could've easily introduced that at the end of the first match.

Then we cut to a shot of Vince getting into his limo and that leaving.

Two things here, firstly - why (storyline or real life) is Vince leaving a PPV show? That makes no sense either way.

Secondly, why show it unless there is some bigger meaning? ie an nXt attack. I'm very surprised there was no reference made to this if indeed the nXt did attack him in the limo, because the ending to the final match was just a bit dull - very predictable.

My 2 cents:

Vince "leaving" the show gives enough idea for the NXT rookies to invade because there are no "immediate" highups available.

if im not mistaken VINNIE MAC said he had to go meet with BRET HART's representives to see when he can come back thats why he left what was the point of showing him leaving and being there have no idea i thought the NXTWO was gonna attack him or something i dont know we could just be looking to far into it

The fact of the matter is that the only possible way that the NXT angle could get any bigger is to move up the corporate chain.

I am with you though, as I watched the PPV last night, I couldn't help but think that Vince McMahon would be part of a bigger angle with the NXT rookies. Even until he stepped into this limo, I was sure that something was going to happen. It had a very "Attitude Era" feel about it and you wondered if something was going to happen. Unfortunately, nothing happened with Vince last night and people are going to question why he was there in the first place if he wasn't going to further the angles and put over the NXT rookies.

In saying that, I have my own theory as to why he was there. Firstly, it was a great touch to see him there before Drew McIntyre's entrance. For a long time we have seen McIntyre talk about Vince with no real substance. Last night, we were shown that Vince is still around and doing the business. It showed that he does actually have a connection with McIntyre and that will help McIntyre's cause. The other thing is, Vince McMahon hasn't really been around on WWE TV. He came to Raw a few weeks ago and then completely disappeared. I am sure that this snippet with the limo is just intended to show us that Vince is still around and will be involved in an angle sooner rather than later.

Am I the only one that thinks there's anything to be said for them 1) Having Vince show up at the very beginning of the Pay Per View, and 2) Then showing a shot of him getting into the back of the limo before leaving.

For anyone who didn't see Fatal 4 Way, Vince came out at the very start and said that Bret Hart wasn't in the building due to the injuries he sustained on Monday Night Raw. They then showed a video package of the said incident.

Then he walked off as Drew McIntyre's music hit - that was quite a nice piece, but on its own there was zero justification for Vince actually needing to be there. The commentators could've easily introduced that at the end of the first match.

Then we cut to a shot of Vince getting into his limo and that leaving.

Two things here, firstly - why (storyline or real life) is Vince leaving a PPV show? That makes no sense either way.

Secondly, why show it unless there is some bigger meaning? ie an nXt attack. I'm very surprised there was no reference made to this if indeed the nXt did attack him in the limo, because the ending to the final match was just a bit dull - very predictable.

1. I thought it too. Why else who him leaving? Clearly they wanted us to understand he was off the premises.

2. Just because something is predictable doesn't mean it is a bad thing. Do you know why? Because sometimes, something being "predictable" means that it just makes logical sense. It made sense that we felt the WWE Title match was in danger after Vince left, and it made sense that the NXT guys would attack after Vince left.

Incidentally, it would also make sense if seeds were being sewn for Vince to be revealed as the man behind the NXT invasions. What better way to get back at Bret Hart and John Cena for pre-Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania? And for Batista's firing?

It was all done for a damn good reason - which is one thing WWE has always excelled at.

I said that on Twitter that it made no sense, but now that I think of it, the NXT attack last night (which ruined the PPV even worse) might have had something to do with it, I bet they'll mention something about the limo tonight on Raw (Or I hope so at least)

if im not mistaken VINNIE MAC said he had to go meet with BRET HART's representives to see when he can come back thats why he left what was the point of showing him leaving and being there have no idea i thought the NXTWO was gonna attack him or something i dont know we could just be looking to far into it

But why show him getting into the limo - that little segment on its own adds nothing to the show if it's simply him going to meet with Bret Hart's representatives.

In saying that, I have my own theory as to why he was there. Firstly, it was a great touch to see him there before Drew McIntyre's entrance. For a long time we have seen McIntyre talk about Vince with no real substance. Last night, we were shown that Vince is still around and doing the business. It showed that he does actually have a connection with McIntyre and that will help McIntyre's cause.

Totally agree with this, it was nice to re-affirm Vince's connection with McIntyre. Not that McIntyre hadn't been using it in recent weeks, but at one point (before Vince returned) I thought they might have it where McIntyre was making up the letters from Vince.

2. Just because something is predictable doesn't mean it is a bad thing. Do you know why? Because sometimes, something being "predictable" means that it just makes logical sense. It made sense that we felt the WWE Title match was in danger after Vince left, and it made sense that the NXT guys would attack after Vince left.

Oh I'm fully aware of it - Monday night just gone was predictable - the ending anyway, but it helped push the angle. My point about last night was that it was a repeat of two mondays ago when they first appeared (albeit without the full on beat down on Cena/The officials). I'm just not sure it added anything to the angle that wasn't there already. We know that they're bleeding the lines between faces and heels. But they said their problem wasn't with Cena - so why is he always being attacked? The face of the company perhaps, and possibly wanting to make a statement too. But if you ask me, the bigger statement would've been taking out the owner of the company, not Cena...again.

Oh I'm fully aware of it - Monday night just gone was predictable - the ending anyway, but it helped push the angle. My point about last night was that it was a repeat of two mondays ago when they first appeared (albeit without the full on beat down on Cena/The officials). I'm just not sure it added anything to the angle that wasn't there already. We know that they're bleeding the lines between faces and heels. But they said their problem wasn't with Cena - so why is he always being attacked? The face of the company perhaps, and possibly wanting to make a statement too. But if you ask me, the bigger statement would've been taking out the owner of the company, not Cena...again.

Cena was attacked because he was the champion. When Seamus held the belt up at the entrance ramp, ALL the NXT guys bolted for him, and Seamus ditched. The final scenes were Cena, Orton, and Edge laid out.

Had the problem been with Cena, they'd have stayed to continue the beating. When they saw Seamus with the belt, the focus shifted. Cena even said it himself last Monday Night - HUGE target on the WWE Champion right now.

I'm also not sold that the owner of the company isn't behind this. When you think about it, it makes perfect logical sense.

The one element I keep thinking of in regards to this is, the NXT lot wanted an answer on Sunday regarding getting their contracts, which was never answered on screen. Bret wasn't there and Teddy has nothing to do with it, so the question might be, did Vince appear to give a notification somewhat that he's given the NXT guys contracts and the reason he left was because his business is done with them and left because he let the contracted dogs loose?

That's the only real theory I can come up with, it's like he did his business and will now let all hell break loose without breaking a sweat.

The one element I keep thinking of in regards to this is, the NXT lot wanted an answer on Sunday regarding getting their contracts, which was never answered on screen. Bret wasn't there and Teddy has nothing to do with it, so the question might be, did Vince appear to give a notification somewhat that he's given the NXT guys contracts and the reason he left was because his business is done with them and left because he let the contracted dogs loose?

That's the only real theory I can come up with, it's like he did his business and will now let all hell break loose without breaking a sweat.

Didn't he say in the opening segment that there was no development on whether they had been given contracts, and that he was meeting Hart's representatives later...

I think tonight we'll see Cena demand them to have contracts so that they can have a fair fight, only way out of it really.

Ok, this is just my opinion, so you can agree or disagree...

I personally think last night's short appearance by McMahon was to build the storyline of the NXT Rookies. Like people have said before, with Vince gone & Bret Hart gone, there was nobody really in charge (well, Teddy Long was there but he had bigger issues with McIntyre). So that was easy for them to come in and do their usual attack.

Also, does nobody remember just a few weeks ago that Vince came back to TV on RAW to wish Bret Hart "Good Luck" as RAW GM? For those who dont remember, heres the video clip (watch the whole thing):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1anGb5S9pg&feature=fvsr

I think Vince is trying to "screw" Bret Hart again, but this time in an actual Storyline. Maybe its his way of getting Hart away from WWE, so Vince can be back in charge? Maybe Vince doesnt like that Bret was doing so well and loved by the fans, so he wants to "kill" his creation like he tried with the nWo? I have been watching WWE since 98, so I can tell when Vince is def. up to something, so thats just what I think....

Ok, this is just my opinion, so you can agree or disagree...

I personally think last night's short appearance by McMahon was to build the storyline of the NXT Rookies. Like people have said before, with Vince gone & Bret Hart gone, there was nobody really in charge (well, Teddy Long was there but he had bigger issues with McIntyre). So that was easy for them to come in and do their usual attack.

Also, does nobody remember just a few weeks ago that Vince came back to TV on RAW to wish Bret Hart "Good Luck" as RAW GM? For those who dont remember, heres the video clip (watch the whole thing):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1anGb5S9pg&feature=fvsr

I think Vince is trying to "screw" Bret Hart again, but this time in an actual Storyline. Maybe its his way of getting Hart away from WWE, so Vince can be back in charge? Maybe Vince doesnt like that Bret was doing so well and loved by the fans, so he wants to "kill" his creation like he tried with the nWo? I have been watching WWE since 98, so I can tell when Vince is def. up to something, so thats just what I think....

This seems like the most reasonable thought process, but WWE has attempted to lead us to think one way and then shock us lately. For example, the whole Kane-Undertaker angle where rumors and the most common sense made you think it was Kane instead of Punk & the SES. Of course, it still could be, but considering what happened at Fatal Four Way and the way he ran, you have to think it was the SES.

This angle is going well, but the fact that they still had 30 minutes in the show even adding 2 impromptu matches shows that they could have executed it better.

Another hole that I don't understand in this storyline is why are they not attacking Smackdown? If they want contracts so bad, why wouldn't they invade the other shows, or, at the very least, the other major brand. I know Teddy is in a storyline, but adding this at least once every other week would make the most sense for an invasion angle.

Also, for everyone, why do you think that NXT has a "ringleader" I mean, I know it's a possibility, but so is them just being a rogue group acting on their own, but it almost seems like common knowledge that they have someone leading them rather than just a hypothesis...

When Bret Hart was first named General Manager and Vince appeared on the show to "congratulate" him, didn't Vince make some ominous, potentially sinister comments about hoping Bret does a good job but that he'll have his work cut out for him, then did his typical evil Vince smile and left without elaborating? I don't remember exactly what Vince said, but I seem to recall that the seeds were set for future interaction between Vince and Bret. Could it be that Vince is behind the NXT invasion and that's what his comments to Bret were all about?

I too thought the whole limo scene last night seemed odd. Showing Vince leaving the PPV at the beginning in a limo very similar to the one involved in the Bret Hart "injury" last week. There's definitely going to be some involvement with someone else and the NXT storyline, why not Vince?

Another hole that I don't understand in this storyline is why are they not attacking Smackdown? If they want contracts so bad, why wouldn't they invade the other shows, or, at the very least, the other major brand. I know Teddy is in a storyline, but adding this at least once every other week would make the most sense for an invasion angle.

Purely because Smackdown is taped, very difficult to build up heat on an angle and get people interested if they can read what happens 3 days before it's meant to shock you on the show. Keeping it on Raw is a good move in that respect.

Purely because Smackdown is taped, very difficult to build up heat on an angle and get people interested if they can read what happens 3 days before it's meant to shock you on the show. Keeping it on Raw is a good move in that respect.

They're about to start taping Raws, double-taping 6 raws over the course of 3 weeks...So, that doesn't make too much sense, really.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Thunder was taped back in the day and that didn't stop WCW from doing the NWO invasions on that show as well. Just having them show up every once in a while to destroy things and demand a contract would make a lot of sense, imo, and would have people tuning in to see exactly what happened. I mean, how many times have you seen the replay of them tearing everything on Raw down. The shock value for that is basically gone unless they do something COMPLETELY over the top, lol.

They're about to start taping Raws, double-taping 6 raws over the course of 3 weeks...So, that doesn't make too much sense, really.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Thunder was taped back in the day and that didn't stop WCW from doing the NWO invasions on that show as well. Just having them show up every once in a while to destroy things and demand a contract would make a lot of sense, imo, and would have people tuning in to see exactly what happened. I mean, how many times have you seen the replay of them tearing everything on Raw down. The shock value for that is basically gone unless they do something COMPLETELY over the top, lol.

True, but the shock aspect of this will begin to slow down over the next few weeks. The 7 days after they did the initial invasion everyone was a buzz as to what would happen next. That would've been ruined if they'd have invaded Smackdown too, so it started on Raw, so by rights - it probably had to stay there.

I'm pretty sure they will get a contract soon so this storyline can begin to build more sedately and there will be less out and out shocks.

I didn't watch the PPV , but I was reading the coverage and I read that they showed Vince getting into his limo after saying Bret wasn't at Fatal Four Way .

Now , for sure I know something is up . I knew from a couple of weeks ago when Vince made an appearance on RAW and was talking to Bret that Vince was up to something . He said prepare to make difficult choices and that there are many surprises , I don't remember too well .

It seems like Vince is behind the NXT thing , but I don't know for sure . He also shook hands with Mcyntire . . . I know for sure though , VKM is up to something . And I sure can't wait to find out what the guy is doing .

I didn't watch the PPV , but I was reading the coverage and I read that they showed Vince getting into his limo after saying Bret wasn't at Fatal Four Way .

Now , for sure I know something is up . I knew from a couple of weeks ago when Vince made an appearance on RAW and was talking to Bret that Vince was up to something . He said prepare to make difficult choices and that there are many surprises , I don't remember too well .

It seems like Vince is behind the NXT thing , but I don't know for sure . He also shook hands with Mcyntire . . . I know for sure though , VKM is up to something . And I sure can't wait to find out what the guy is doing .

Vince being involved in angles rarely = good angles.

Interesting too see if there's another explanation for this, but I'll be disappointed if their only actions last night were a cut down version of their invasion of Raw 2 weeks ago.

Just a random thought, so sorry if posted in wrong place, probably way out there but here goes anyway, what about Teddy Hart as the Limo Driver and possible leader of the NXT faction, as far as story line goes, he kinda never got a shot at WWF/E because he was too arrogant/ full of himself or just to dam dangerous, or probably because of Brett. So anyway we jump to hall of fame this year, whole family there and all, no sign of Teddy or mention, look what happens to Tyson and DH big push championships etc etc . Brett in charge of Raw now, Maybe Teddy would be getting slightly jealous, who has a better Motive for doing over the Hitman and wrecking his show. even better if Vince has employed him to do so ?????

Another night, another random unexplained limo shot.

They're teasing something, but at the moment it's difficult to tell what. Has something to do with Nexus though I would think.

Wish they'd have attacked Vince last night, NXT apology was lame tonight.

Ok, so Vince wasn't attacked - well not at Fatal 4 Way anyway. A little dissapointing.

There was one thing I thought was quite funny though, Vince gets in the limo at F4W, and it drives forward - to one end of a building - which clearly has no exit!

Anyway, they teased yet another limo shot on Raw last night, really not sure what to make of this. It seems to coincide nicely with the arrival of The Nexus, but without contract it makes little sense.

Is this WWE teasing something for teasing sake - or are they actually going somewhere with this - I don't get it, but it seems to be saying something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back