• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Victory Road: Samoa Joe vs. Booker T

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
TNA Championship Match

Samoa Joe vs. Booker T

Make B won't Booker T look shit? It won't exactly be hard, maybe I am being a little harsh on him but the guy is so overated it is unbelieveable. Booker T is bad at getting any sort of reaction from fans, and his matches are very rarely more than ok. People who talk about him been a good wrestler always bring up wcw but he only looked decent because most of the matches at the time were 5 minute crapfests. Booker T has a track record of bad title reigns in both WWE and WCW, even the mid card titles he held were boring dull runs, so I don't see TNA risking making someone champion who is potentialy not going to be any better as champ than Joe.

Booker is getting on in age. And his matches have frankly been piss porr over the past 5 years. But he's got character, and he's still a name star. The way that TNA is booked he might be behind Joe, Angle, Cage and others. But in actual star power he's only second to Angle. For TNA to not push him as a serious challenger is a mistake. If there is one wrestler who can make Joe's reign more credible to fans it'll be Booker.

This match makes perfect sense to me. Angle has been done to death, Joe had a decent short feud with Steiner, and now he'll probably have Booker fed to him, which isn't a bad thing I don't think. Booker is still a big name, so him losing to Joe will make Joe seem to be a bigger star. It seems that Booker has no problem at all with being used to push younger stars. The feud will mean little, and there's next to no chance Booker wins at this show, but it should be decent at least.

Seriously, is this the "Road to Bound For Glory" in which we'll likely get Kevin Nash v. Samoa Joe for the T.N.A. Heavyweight Championship? I honestly hope NOT, but it looks that way.

Booker T. has even less of a chance of winning in this match, dispite it being in his hometown, than in the King of the Mountain match. At least had he of won that, it would've went with history of the Champion never retaining, and Joe not actually having to lose. It would've saved T.N.A. 'face' from having to continue the reign of Average Joe.

The match more than likely won't be awful, but as Jake pointed out Booker T. is getting up their in age and doesn't do near the amount of things he did when people reacted to him. The whole purpose of returning him to the half-way "King" gimmick is just so people will react to his pinky. If it wasn't for that thing sticking in the air, people wouldn't even realize Booker T. was still in T.N.A. -- hes become that stale and unoriginal.

Joe's fast-paced X-Division like style won't match well with Booker T. I'm not even sure what style Booker has anymore. He used to be quick, now he just gets by with one or two sidekicks and spinning kicks and thats about it. Hes like a 260 lbs. X-Pac without the drugs. I can't see this being a great way to end a Pay Per View.. here's hoping to another Kurt Angle v. A.J. Styles match, with added gimmick.

I can't see Booker winning the title this month. But this is TNA this is probably the main program until September. Booker will probably win it in a month or two. The drop it to Joe the next moth, never getting a rematch. And like Will said that'll get us to Bound For Glory where we'll probably see Joe vs. Nash. Which quite frankly is the worst main event that TNA could possibly ever promote. I'm voting now for a Joe/Sting match. That should generate a little bit of intrest.

the reason Booker T has the title shot at Victory Road is because its being held in his hometown, Houston. Booker might win and make his home crowd happy or he is gonna lose and the Houston fans probably will be happy with that too. that match makes Houston fans want to go to the show to see if their "hometown hero" wins his 7th World Title. highly unlikely that he wins but its still a possibility.

I dont see Booker coming out of this match with the strap. I just see it as another stepping stone for a Nash vs Joe encounter at Bound For Glory. Oh what a joy that match will be. After Bound For Glory though I see this fued picking back up with Booker ultimatly winning the title to go onto fued with Christian Cage.

Booker is getting up there and Samoa Joe is extremely overrated in my opinion. With that being said the match itself will be decent. Nothing to epic by any means but a decent match it should be.

Joe winning the strap was a good boost for morale in TNA but let's face it Joe is a heel, he is horrible as a face. Joe is a good wrestler and his promos have been getting really good but he can't change the fact that he is a heel. When he was in the X division he was a heel and he played that part to at T. The heavyweight division is struggling with Joe as champion. they should have let Nash work more on trying to develop joe before he won the strap. BT should get the strap, with his character he could light more fires under the faces and make the heavyweight division what it should be.

I think this feud is nice and fresh and its Joes first proper feud as champion. Booker T is big star power for TNA so to book him against their top face and the man they want to carry the brand is a sensible move. I expect Booker to get a good reaction as its in his home town. But I do believe that Joe will win this one retaining the title and carrying on the feud. It all depends on if TNA want to build their brand with thier guy or to have someone with big star power win and carry the brand. Should be a half decent match!

I think Joe goes over for sure. However I think Sting will be involved in Bound for Glory whether it is 1 on 1 with Joe, or triple threat with Joe, Nash, and Sting. Who knows, maybe Sting will win the title at Bound for Glory for the third year in a row, and then turn around and lose it in less than a month for the third year in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back