Victory Road - Matt Morgan Vs. Christopher Daniels

Marquis

So i assume this is basically a revenge match. During last weeks impact Morgan was told to take out Daniels so he doesn't interrupt last weeks main event of AJ & Jarrett Vs. Joe & Angle. Should be a decent match. I'm a fan of Morgan's, so its nice to finally see him get a push after months of beating up jobbers, and Abyss. There's no reason why Morgan shouldn't go over here in my opinion. Daniels is the veteran, so putting Morgan over here seems like the right thing to do. And a win for Morgan would help solidify his spot in the Main Event Mafia. A lose would make it seem he doesn't belong around the names of the MEM. Morgan has everything to gain here.

My guess is that Matt Morgan is going to go over in this match.

They have been doing more things of importance with Morgan than they have been doing with Daniels. Morgan has been involved with The Main Event Mafia and it would really seem pointless to just halt the apparent push he's getting or is going to get to just give a win to Daniels.

I see this match being a pretty good match with Morgan going over clean. If he doesn't go over clean then he might receive help from some in the Mafia. Either ways I think he should win this match and then later they can have Daniels go over someone else so people don’t start talking about how he got buried in the match.

I'm a huge Christopher Daniels fan, but there's just been something about the guy for the previous couple of Years that makes him seem.. well, like shit. He was a great Wrestler back in the mid 2000's, like 2004-06 and the last great moments he had were pairing up with A.J. Styles against the likes of America's Most Wanted, and L.A.X. Since then, he's done next to nothing.. and he's just seemingly getting stale it seems. This, unfortunately, is coming from a huge Daniels fan as well.

Matt Morgan is more or less a giant piece of crap in wrestling boots, with no real talent and I still fail to see why T.N.A is wasting their time on him. This is yet another match I'm more or less not even truly interested in, especially more so because Daniels has no real reason to win it.. and Morgan doesn't honestly have any reason to lose it. So its basically your typical - Morgan needs to win, to prove to the Mafia why he should be allowed in. Daniels would like to win it, to gain revenge for the assault Morgan laid on him, but it won't mean anything if he can't since revenge can be gained through just actual beatdowns within the match. (in other words, Daniels could control the match - and still lose)

In the end, this seems utterly useless since Mafia wouldn't logically ever let Morgan in, ever, since he's not a World Heavyweight Champion or even former Heavyweight Champion. And the Mafia is an All-Heavyweight Champion group.

Looks like a last minute match to me. Nothing for Daniels this month? Put him with Morgan, he's usually without anything intresting to do around PPV time.

Daniels is a solid worker but boring, Morgan is a shit worker but he can talk, should be awful. But not as awful as I think it'll be. Brucie Bonus.

I would like Morgan to win but it wouldn't make sure since he hasn't been a multi-time champion. Where does this take Daniels if he wins? Maybe another shot at the X-Division title. I don't see much for the winner of this because if Morgan wins, I don't believe Kurt is going to let him in so this is basically filler.

I have to disagree with the consensus about Morgan. I seem to remember a young guy named Oz who when young had a good bit of potential but his moves were off. Even when young Oz became young Diesel his moves were still suspect.

My point is that it took Kevin Nash a lot of ring time to become more prolific. I see a young, more athletic, less fun loving version of Nash in Morgan. Morgan has a lot of upside. He has a lot of growing to do I don't deny that but with the right tutors I think he can be great.

As for this match I think it will be a good match. Despite the lack of personality Daniels has shown over the last year or two he is still a very good worker and Morgan is improving, he just needs a few springboard matches. I think this could be the start of something good for Matt Morgan.

Aside from an amazing finishing move I'm not into Daniels at all... Morgan needs to progress a bit more but is way more entertaining to watch... Daniels will never ever be better than now... Morgan can and will be awesome for years

Since I was and still am a huge WCW fan. What if TNA went to the WWE and decided to buy the naming rights, the libarary of WCW since the WWE is not using it anyway....

Just imagine what avenues will open for TNA. Or...just imagine TNA bringing back lets say.... STARRCADE!!!! HALLOWEEEN HAVOC and just push Bound For Glory in November. SUPERBRAWL

I belive that Matt Morgan has come a long way since his Smackdown days starting out as a part of team Lesnar at Survivor Series (2003) he could barely wrestle and was teaming with top card wrestler dispite the fact he wasn't ready for it.
After another stint in OVW he comes back with a speech disorder reminiscent of ECW 's Bubba Ray Dudley thankfully Morgan was released.
I was the first person questioning TNA why sign Matt Morgan for the reasons stated above but with the coming months his ring work and mic skills surpased all expectations of what i belived possible he is now an impresssive "big man wrestler" with a great gimmick and really knows how to work a crowd.
So in my opinion i belive that this will be the defining moment thus far for Matt Morgan when he goes over Daniels at Victory Road to get the biggest win of his career and to become "The Enforcer" of the MEM elevating his career to the level Dixie Carter has been grooming him for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back