• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vickie named "Consultant" on Smackdown- Here we go again

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
You know, I am so sick and tired of this woman being near the spot of GM. I've had it. I am absolutely tired of Vickie Guerrero as GM.

Is it really so bad to have Vickie as a manager, Vince? I know how much you despise ringside managers in wrestling, and are simply biting your tongue with this policy to give Vickie a job (that she can do), but can you not even let Vickie manage for a year, before going back to her as GM once again?

On Smackdown, Vince named Vickie a "Consultant" to the Brand "to help Teddy Long get out of his probation". Anyone with a pair of eyes can see where this is going.

I can't help but speculate that this is happening because they have plans to send Escobar back down to FCW, and want to give Vickie something else to do to make sure she continues to stay on television. I can certainly understand that. However, why not give her a new client to manage instead? Why does it HAVE to be her involved in a GM capacity, again?

Vickie was one of the prime reasons I actually stopped watching WWE for a period of time. It was her tenure as GM, combined with Edge as her "husband" ... with his "Ultimate Opportunist" persona that absolutely bored the crap out of me. I tuned Smackdown out, and only watched Raw. But then she came over to Raw, and Edge was featured with her ... so I tuned out of WWE altogether for a while. When I heard she was canned on Raw, that's when I started watching again.

So my thoughts? Vickie needs to stay a manager, and Vince needs to quit going back to the well once too often with involving her in a GM Capacity. It's been done to death. It's boring. And she needs something else to do to keep her character interesting, besides always being GM.

What say you?

While Vickie was getting a lot of heat when the reltaionship between her and Edge began after Survivor Series '07, her playing the evil GM is starting to get stale. It was stale when she went to Raw, and WWE creative tried so hard to breathe life back into it with the love triangle thing between Edge and Big Show. It's time for Vickie to take on a role. How much more can she do as an evil GM?

She tortured Edge leading up to Summerslam '08
She made Undertaker and Triple H's lives a livivng hell while on Smackdown
She betrayed Rey Mysterio
stripped Taker of the WHC
Already has treated Teddy Long like shit

So you see Vickie's character as GM has done plenty of evil deeds. Her having a new role could be a fresh start for her. If i'm not mistaken, she returned at the Smackdown 10th anniversary show, and that wasn't too long ago, so there's time for her to do something new before she's put into the GM role again. Vickie still is able to get lots of heat, so there's plenty of gas left in that tank. The relationship with her Escobar isn't working. The guy get's little or almost no reaction unless he's with Vickie. Him going back to FCW for some more seasoning wouldn't be a bad idea.

But please no more Vickie as GM. She's already done enough as the evil boss. It's time for her to do something new.

Being an evil GM is one thing, but tacking the boyfriend crap with it all over again is getting old and needs to end now. She should just go to ECW and "help" Tiffany or something and take Escobar with him, because he isn't going to go anywhere on SmackDown!

You know, I am so sick and tired of this woman being near the spot of GM. I've had it. I am absolutely tired of Vickie Guerrero as GM.

I'm not. It hasn't been done in a few months and more than often she made some great main events.

Is it really so bad to have Vickie as a manager, Vince? I know how much you despise ringside managers in wrestling, but can you not even let Vickie manage for a year, before going back to her as GM once again?

Where's your proof that Vince "despises" ringside managers? Armando Estrada? Vickie Guerrero? Matt Striker?

On Smackdown, Vince named Vickie a "Consultant" to the Brand "to help Teddy Long get out of his probation". Anyone with a pair of eyes can see where this is going.

...that Vince can finally see what his fans want? And that they are tired of him coming on every three weeks and reminding us that Teddy's on probation?

Yeah, even blind people can see that.

I can't help but speculate that this is happening because they have plans to send Escobar back down to FCW, and want to give Vickie something else to do to make sure she continues to stay on television. I can certainly understand that. However, why not give her a new client to manage instead? Why does it HAVE to be her involved in a GM capacity, again?

Well, I am unaware of the Escobar/FCW thing, but what's so bad about Vickie on WWE TV? She gets alot of heat, and anybody who opposes her or joins her will gain infinite cheers/heat.

And what was she doing when she was managing Escobar, other than making out with him after his matches?

Vickie was one of the prime reasons I actually stopped watching WWE for a period of time. It was her tenure as GM, combined with Edge as her "husband" ... with his "Ultimate Opportunist" persona that absolutely bored the crap out of me. I tuned Smackdown out, and only watched Raw. But then she came over to Raw, and Edge was featured with her ... so I tuned out of WWE altogether for a while. When I heard she was canned on Raw, that's when I started watching again.

You sure missed out on some interesting television.

So my thoughts? Vickie needs to stay a manager, and Vince needs to quit going back to the well once too often with involving her in a GM Capacity. It's been done to death. It's boring. And she needs something else to do to keep her character interesting, besides always being GM.

Anyone who thinks that large hispanic women making out and being groped is more interesting than gaining heat and creating five star main events needs a new hobby other than wrestling, and it rhymes with cornography.

What say you?

Be don't so negative say I.

To be honest, I kind of like the Vickie angle. She comes across as very annoying with a shrill voice and it just works for me. However, if this is going to be a carbon copy of what was happening with her and Edge, then I've got no real interest in it.

I know it probably won't happen, but I'd eventually like to see something of a "civil war" type of situation on Smackdown. As a consultant on Smackdown, I'd like to see an angle where Vickie manages to gain the support and following of part of the roster whereas Teddy Long has the support of the others and a little war for control of the show breaks out and it something that plays out over the course of several months. Maybe half a year, who knows. I just like the sound of that more than rehashing something that, while successful, shouldn't be done again at this time.

Meh, I dont see this as Vickie becoming GM again. I see this as the next step in Vince's plan to make Teddy's life a misery. Essentially as I see it, whenever Teddy does something good, Vickie gets credit, because she's the consultant who comes up with all the good ideas; when Vickie does something bad, Teddy gets the blame, because he's GM and shouldn't let the bad ideas materialise. This will continue until Teddy grows a pair, tells Vince and Vickie to fuck off and they have a feud over control of Smackdown.

If that happens and Teddy loses, then you'll have a point about this all being a plan to put Vickie back as GM, and rehash the Edge-Vickie storyline with GenEric Escobar (whoever came up with that nickname is a genius, by the way).

I'm surprised nobody has really congratulated Vickie for how far she has come in television. Remember, just a few years ago, she was a widow in mourning with no television experience and probably no wish to be on television, except to pay the bills for her kids. Now she gets HEAT and she can work the crowd with the best of them. EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! Listen to how the audience responds to that! Sure she's not not a diva and isn't exactly a draw, but you gotta give the girl her due. She has become a true heat drawer from live crowds and they're trying to spread that heat to Escobar. Whatever happens to her, I give mad props to Vick.

well their attempt to make the crowd hate him for fucking Vickie failed (possibly because they just felt sorry for him) so now they're trying to make the crowd love him for going against her and insulting her. What happened to trying to get over without the biggest heat magnet on the payroll? In my opinion if a wrestler cant get over (even with a manager) they need to get fired, sent back to FCW or turned into a jobber. Now seeing as Eric's been in FCW for four years, and thus he's not going to get mucg from being sent back; and being a good jobber requires skill (you have to make the victor look good, which you can't be done without the ablity to work) which Eric hasn't displayed. I'll give his face run a shot, but if he still cant get a crowd response, he's never going to be able to, and should be given a pink slip.

Or put in Luke Galloway's finisher and raped by a straight edge hillbilly.

Vickie Guerrero is the perfect villain on Smackdown! Personally, I'd love to see the woman remain a manager. However, since I love managers, I'd appreciate anyone as a ringside manager who develops/leads a stable of wrestlers. It's become abundantly clear in recent years that WWE creative has moved away from this (reports have stated Vince considers this idea too "old school," or whatever), so I'm hungry for that kind of character's return.

However, since that doesn't seem to be happening here, I think the ideas presented by "Remix" (see above) are the best I've heard to date in regards to Vickie's being signed as a "consultant." It would make Vickie an interesting foil for Teddy Long's best efforts, creating tension in the (visible) "backstage environment." Eventually, it could lead to a complete breakdown on Long's part, perhaps even leading to his return as a ringside manager [Anyone remember when he was Pro Wrestling Illustrated's "Manager of the Year" or did I just date myself?]. It would be great to see him lead a group of performers fighting Vickie for control of the Smackdown! broadcast.

My single request be that Vickie not marry, date, make out with, visibly molest or touch any of the people she employs. Or, if they decide to take that route, why not have one file a sexual harassment charge against her? I remember many years ago one of the characters in the original ECW filed a charge like that against Missy Hyatt, which led to some fun on-air moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back