• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vickie Guerrero- "Goodbye, Eric Escobar. Hello ... Dolph Ziggler."

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
With WWE management seemingly sour on Escobar and separating him from Vickie .... I am all in favor of this new relationship which began on WWE.com. I am in favor of whatever keeps Vickie Guerrero in managerial status, as opposed to putting her back in a GM capacity once again ... as that ship has more than sailed its course a long time ago.

I'm hoping that this is what happens, as opposed to this being another Edge Version 2.0 with Vickie as GM/Consultant. How could they do that garbage again, when they just did the same storyline with her and Edge?

Take a look at this After the Bell segment ... and form your own conclusions with what you speculate they will do with these two.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/afterthebell/2009/december1-7/12849418

I think it would be a great move to keep Vickie in managerial status and pair her with Ziggler. It's obvious Ziggler isn't getting the title and they are moving on. If they simply move on, Ziggler will be relegated back down to the Lower Midcard which will essentially destroy everything they've built him up to be.

However, if they pair him with Vickie and do some angles with these two, this is an excellent way to keep him relevant and still in Midcard status ... possibly still in the hunt for a future reign as Intercontinental Champion.

Ziggler is a classic case of someone that could use a manager in his corner. Most guys could actually use managers in their corner for support, but given Ziggler's circumstances, he is someone who could use someone like Vickie paired with him.

Two parts to this.

1) What would you LIKE them to do with these two? Would you rather see Vickie manage Ziggler and stay with him at ringside, while keeping her out of a GM/Consultant role and Edge/Vickie Part 2 from happening? Or did you enjoy the Vickie/Edge scenario and would like to see Ziggler in the role this time?

2) What do you actually think they WILL do with these two? Do you forsee Vickie accompanying Ziggler to ringside as a manager or just staying backstage and interacting with him as Smackdown Consultant?

A lot of this will depend on what you think Vickie's role should be.

Vickie generates great heat. She truly annoys a lot of people and she can also be pretty entertaining overall. I think Dolph Ziggler has a lot of potential and I'd hate to see everything that the WWE has built him up to be over the course of this summer just completely wasted.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vickie having a whole stable of wrestlers that are basically being forgotten or whose pushes have been put on hold. Ziggler is an obvious choice, maybe a big bruiser like Mike Knox, a fast high flyer like Evan Bourne and good all around guy like Jack Swagger. I know Bourne and Swagger are on Raw, but we all know that the whole brand exclusive thing is shit since the WWE has made numerous trades this year. Bourne is nothing more than a jobber on Raw, Knox is a jobber on Smackdown and Ziggler and Swagger are basically MIA at this point.

If nothing else, I think Dolph Ziggler could fit well with Vickie if they brought back the cocky heel that Ziggler used to be.

Yes Yes Yes YES! Sorry, got a lil' excited there. I just hope that this continues with Ziggler and Vickie becoming the next, well, Edge and Vickie. Ziggler is very talented and I was very disappointed when I heard he was out of the IC contendership after months of challenging for it. I think this is a step in the right direction instead of just wasting him, he can still be built up as a heel until another opportunity comes around.

Now to answer your questions, I liked the Edge/Vickie angle but I would not like to see it redone. I would much rather have Vickie as his manager instead of his girlfriend pushing for him. But what I do actually see happening is a repeat of the Edge/Vickie thing which will probably be quite boring but at least keep Ziggler relevant

well...
eric was terrible.not only did no one care about him, but him and vickie had no heat.vickie had heat.eric had nothing.
now i think there is a better chance with ziggler due to the fact that he's been around for awhile.also, with the whole scenario with him being out of the title scene after what felt like 50 losses, teaming up with the GM's consultant could work.maybe sway the favour towards him.

1) What would you LIKE them to do with these two? Would you rather see Vickie manage Ziggler and stay with him at ringside, while keeping her out of a GM/Consultant role and Edge/Vickie Part 2 from happening? Or did you enjoy the Vickie/Edge scenario and would like to see Ziggler in the role this time?

What I would LIKE to see with these two is absolutely nothing.... but being with Vickie for a while will give Ziggler something to do. I did not enjoy Edge & Vickie's storyline, but it's not like this is the worst thing that could ever happen to Ziggler. Anyone remember the Spirit Squad? He is the only member left from that embarrassing stable who is still on the roster. I don't like Vickie though because she's annoying.... This could benefit Ziggler though because unlike Escobar he is somewhat over on his own, and can get more heat from associating with Vickie.

2) What do you actually think they WILL do with these two? Do you forsee Vickie accompanying Ziggler to ringside as a manager or just staying backstage and interacting with him as Smackdown Consultant?

This is a tough one. I don't think Ziggler needs a manager, so they will probably just interact backstage and Vickie might come out for a couple of his matches but not all of them. I see her also doing things like walking out during title matches and yelling things like "EXCUSE ME.... Dolph should be in this match instead!" which would instantly get some more heat for Ziggler without him even being in the ring because all Vickie has to do is say two words (excuse me!) and she'll get the biggest boo of the night. This still has the potential to be a good idea though, so I will wait and see what WWE does with Vickie and Ziggler before predicting anything else.

I think this will be a good move for Ziggler. It will help him garner even more heel heat, and could possibly lead to bigger better feuds/opportunities for him. I'm just hoping this doesn't end the same way that it always does, with the wrestler essentially turning face and making fun of Vickie. For once I'd like to see Vickie just kind of disappear.

Also I don't think a love relationship would work with Ziggler. I believe if were to play out, it would turn out with Vickie thinking it's more then business and him just wanting a strictly business relationship.

Either way Vickie will do wonders for Ziggler and it will give Ziggler something to do and keep him relevant, rather then him just fading into obscurity after never winning the Intercontinental Championship.

1. I would not like to see this. i do not want him and vickie to have any thing to do with each other. please look at this thread i posted and it will tell you about what i want for ziggler. please post on it http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=83003

2.what I think they will do is have Ziggler get a win over Jomo due to vickie distracting the ref and ziggler cheats or she distracts Jomo and ziggler gets a rollup or hits the Zig Zag this will be after TLC where Jomo retains the IC title. Vickie then makes an IC title match witch Dolph Wins Cleanly. Jomo then Loses again in his rematch due to a distraction from Vickie. At the rumble Jomo eliminates ziggler and then goes on to win the world title at wm against chris jericho who will have won at Elimination Chamber unless Edge Returns in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back