• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vengeance 2001:10 Years Later

WWEIsLife2

Championship Contender
Well its been 10 years since Vengeance 2001 took place from San Diego California where History was made. On that night Stone Cold,The Rock,Chris Jericho,and Kurt Angle would decide who would be the Undisputed World Champion. I remember watching it Live on PPV that night and thinking it was going to come down to Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock. Austin would win his bout with Kurt Angle but Y2J would steal the World Title from The Rock. Jericho then went on to unify the Belts against The Rattlesnake and make history in a shocker.

What were your thoughts going into the night and after when Y2J came out the Unidsputed Champion? Plus here is the Video Package before,

[YOUTUBE]kR5IMqV4xhM[/YOUTUBE]

I was one of the extremely small minority who called Jericho's victory. But, I was only half right, since I predicted he would win the title AND hold onto it for a full year. I believed that the WWE was grooming Jericho into their next huge star, but in my opinion they completely dropped the ball with him (at that time anyway). It would be a few years down the line before Jericho would become a real megastar.

Thanks for the highlight vid, brings back great memories.

Unfortunately, my memory sucks and I can't for the life of me remember how the Undisputed title got broken up. How did we go from having one title back to two? Anyone?

Basically Bischoff decided that raw needed its own champion and so he brought back the world heavyweight championship in 2002 and awarded it to triple h. The former undisputed championship just became the WWE championship. Hope this jogs your memory :D

Basically Bischoff decided that raw needed its own champion and so he brought back the world heavyweight championship in 2002 and awarded it to triple h. The former undisputed championship just became the WWE championship. Hope this jogs your memory :D

Yeah sort of. For some reason I thought the first time they brought the WHC into the WWE was when HHH was awarded the title on Raw by Bischoff. Who was originally the WHC before that in the company?? My brain doesn't work like it used to :)

i was only 9 years of age watching this pay per view, and its one that i have some of the fondest memories of. apart from the 3 championship matches for to be the undisputed champ, my favorite match from that night has for the hardcore title between rvd and the undertaker. this ppv i believe was great. the shock when jericho first defeated the rock, and then to beat austin. its a night i will never forget anyway

Yeah sort of. For some reason I thought the first time they brought the WHC into the WWE was when HHH was awarded the title on Raw by Bischoff. Who was originally the WHC before that in the company?? My brain doesn't work like it used to :)

There was no such champion!! The rock was the WCW champion, dropping it to jericho, then few title changes later we have lesnar taking the undisputed title to smackdown a few years later!! It was no longer the undisputed title thus the world title was born on Raw, in which triple H was the first champ.

I was excited about the Pay Per View. I was hoping for Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock in the Unification match, but when Jericho stole the victory, I was a little worried. With The Rock out, I was hoping for Stone Cold to take the two World Titles, but when Jericho stole the second victory, I was pissed.

I told myself and the two friends I was with that I would never watch WWF again. What I didn’t realize was that the WWF was never ever going to be the same for me again…no…aaaaggggaaaaiiiinnnn!! Turns out I was an in the closet Jerichoholic. Who would have thought??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back