• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Velvet Sky Returns

Funny how WWE loses a couple of Divas, becomes interested in Velvet Sky, then all of sudden TNA signs Velvet again.

Reminds me of WCW days. They used to sign wrestlers to contracts just to keep them away from WWE. They signed them for the wrong reasons. Those wrestlers usually got lost in the roster. Not saying that Velvet will get lost in the roster. Here it's a different case, there isn't many female wrestlers to choose from in TNA. But she wasn't signed because they like her, TNA signed her to keep her away from WWE.

Indeed they did. However, WWE does the same thing. Not necessarily to prevent their wrestlers from leaving to TNA, but to prevent them from leaving. They lure them in with big money deals and of course the ultimate bait - becoming someone in the WWE and realizing their boyhood drea.

Each company tries to protect its employees and this is what TNA's doing. Personally, I'd hate to see Velvet in WWE. She's already horrific on the mic and in the ring, she's only good as naughty eye candy and WWE doesn't do naughty since most of their audience still thinks girls are icky.

Can you in anyway prove that is what happened? All the "reports" claim that she left because she was unhappy and Dixie Carter had to talk her into coming back.

Reportedly a lot of the ko's have been unhappy with the way they are being handled. That was the reported reason why Angelina Love, Velvet and Winter all left.

Can I prove what? Not really sure what you mean. Sounds like you are answering another post.

I said nothing on why she & others left TNA. I'm talking about TNA hiring her back. I'm telling you, Dixie Carter kissed ass to get her back. Didn't want her going to WWE. Dixie could care less about the money, it's just to keep her away from WWE.

Bottom line is that Dixie doesn't really care about Velvet Sky or those others you mentioned. That's why you said it yourself, those wrestlers left because they were UNHAPPY.

Can I prove what? Not really sure what you mean. Sounds like you are answering another post.

I said nothing on why she & others left TNA. I'm talking about TNA hiring her back. I'm telling you, Dixie Carter kissed ass to get her back. Didn't want her going to WWE. Dixie could care less about the money, it's just to keep her away from WWE.

Bottom line is that Dixie doesn't really care about Velvet Sky or those others you mentioned. That's why you said it yourself, those wrestlers left because they were UNHAPPY.

"But she wasn't signed because they like her, TNA signed her to keep her away from WWE."

Your post acts like they just let her leave and didn't care about it until WWE showed interest.
Yet everything I've seen indicates they didn't want her to leave in the first place and did everything they could to get her back.
You think they don't care that their arguably most popular women's wrestler would leave the company? That's ridiculous.

where was it said or even implied that Dixie did not like Velvet? if I remember when it was done and Velvet was going to not be returning it was Dixie who wanted her back then.
I thought I remember reading at the time that it was Bruce Pritchard who didn't like the Knockouts, and wanted them to take less money. in that case when Velvet was negotiating she wasn't being offered good money that she deserved, so can't blame her for not resigning for what they would have been offering.
Dixie talked about wanting Velvet back awhile ago. there even numerous rumours since then about Velvet returning. I don't think it had anything to do with keeping away from WWE.

It is good to see Vel Ve return to TNA. In my opinion she isn't all that of a great wrestler. She should go into a nice feud with Tessmacher. Once Tessmacher regains (if she ever) the Knockouts title, this could be a feud waiting to happen. Velvet can turn heel and say becuase of Tess, she was forced out as she took her spot as number 1.

I cannot see to much going for the Knockouts Division. Maybe if they get Angelina Love back they can use her to reform the Beautiful People. This I'd like to see. In all this I just hope that she gets used right and they push her to be on TV. She isn't all that in the ring but she is worth looking at. I am just glad she is in TNA even if she wants to be fighting with pillows in the E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back